Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2012, 13:54   #1
Junior Member+

programmes for plymouth game

arrived at ground about 20 minutes before kick off but unable to get a programme anywhere.went inside ground and directed to hut selling beer but none there. went to club shop after game and no luck....they didnt even have any other programmes from previous home games.directed to main reception but none there...luckily someone came in and heard me asking and he dug out the programme v dagenham.so didn't leave empty handed.
was this a one off or do programmes normally sell out?just read you have had a change of printers...has this got anything to do with it.
enjoyed visit and stood in clayton end.am sure it is normally much noisier but then again what a performance from stanley!!did they all go out on the booze the night before?did someone from plymouth put something in prematch cuppa?
stanley will never play as bad as that for a long long time.
hope new manager brings you success.
johnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2012, 15:13   #2

Re: programmes for plymouth game

JohnK
No this is not usual. Usually we are left with over 50 unsold programmes.
This week we ordered 70 more than usual and sold out.
This was probably due to Plymouth fans attending a match at the Crown Ground for the first time. It happened last year v Oxford.
If there are any programmes from this season that you would like I am sure we can post them to you for a small charge to cover postage.
Regularly we donate unsold programmes to local primary schools for guided reading sessions, book corners or just as a stimulus for reading.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 15:28   #3
Junior Member+

Thanks stanley
The stanley v dagenham programme i got will do as a souvenir.
johnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 18:01   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
JohnK
No this is not usual. Usually we are left with over 50 unsold programmes.
This week we ordered 70 more than usual and sold out.
This was probably due to Plymouth fans attending a match at the Crown Ground for the first time. It happened last year v Oxford.
If there are any programmes from this season that you would like I am sure we can post them to you for a small charge to cover postage.
Regularly we donate unsold programmes to local primary schools for guided reading sessions, book corners or just as a stimulus for reading.
If there are so many programmes left per game why not sell them in the online store or on the web site like they used to. I used to get them this way if I wasn't down for the game but now it is difficult to get them anywhere. Even if a fraction of them were sold it is still income that is lacking at the moment and multiply it by the number of matches that havent sold out it must be a decent sum. I have managed to get most games for this season but still need some if they were available. Why not list the spares in the online shop?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 18:25   #5

stanleyprogrammes.co.uk, i think rob heys runs this site, progs do turn up now and again but very expensive
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 18:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
stanleyprogrammes.co.uk, i think rob heys runs this site, progs do turn up now and again but very expensive
Rob set this up under a franchise which links all the members together so if anyone lists a Stanley programme they show up and a small percentage goes to Stanley. I doubt he still does it though given the small numbers that appear.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 04:00   #7
God Member

Not sure if this will work.....

Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle Programme 2011/2 | eBay

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..