Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 16:41   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Questions for the Club 2007

one at a time boggles please!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2007, 16:51   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc View Post
Possible relocation of the ground

Lets go home !!! Peel Park !!! close to Town centre, on a bus route, reasonable parking - and the publicity would be enormous - "the little club that just wouldn't die" returning to its original home
Oh Gawd im having a bad effect on you dad LOL

Are stanley going to have the th'owd stanley days merchandise in their stores & online? please
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 18:49   #33
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Can we have some baby wear in the club shop please!!!!!
Yep I'II go for that as well

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 15:13   #34

Mr Kip,

Question to Eric/Rob:

When players are sent out (request) to go out on loan do the loaners pay all of the player's wages or do they just make a percentage contribution?? In particular Southport are skint so have they been paying Doherty's wages or have we been paying for him to have a little stay at pleasureland?

Mav
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:53   #35
God Member

These are the 17 questions asked. I ahve not included suggestions or comments. Just questions. Not as many as I thought there would be... Answers will go on the fishy website as soon as recieved.. will post again when ready.

Q1. KIPAX
Grahame Charnley.. Is the Clayton end roof going to be started in January?

Q2.Give us the old gree
Why dont the Stanley substitutes have proper bench jackets and tracksuit pants ?

Q3. Doug
What is the chance of getting the shop enlarged and the range extended?

Q4. Nickelson
in regards to the possible new stadium why not create a communial stadium somwhere in hyndburn. Also can you dissclose your possible sites to relocate to

Q5. Wynonie Harris
When are the club going to start on the construction of a licensed bar behind the Clayton End and perhaps the Coppice End too?

Q6. sparkie
Will we be getting another goalkeeping coach? Surely all of our keepers from first team to youth would benefit from this.

Q7. sparkie
2. whats the current situation with the pitch? Are there any plans to improve it, and do you think it is part of the problems we're having on the pitch?

Q8. AccyRed
As part of a recent news item the club say "we hope to transform the Sports Bar to make it a more modern facility" Is this going to happen in the near future and would it be a total re-fit...?

Q9.cmonstanley
could we have more halftime pre match entertainment

Q10. maccawozzagod
Have we been sold down the river with the Gary Roberts deal bearing in mind how well he has done there? If he had been rubbish or got injured would we still have received the same fee?

Q11. Nickelson
Why don't the club follow a similar approach from rovers with the card scheme. Every fan at rovers (non season ticket) was givin a card and every home match they attend (certain games) was givin a stamp on the card say the first 3 stamps and you could earn free admission to the match. you could however purshase a card for say 3 pounds as this would almost certainly add to the profit of the club.

Q12. KIPAX
Where have the Stanley Angels disspeared to?

Q13. mickmc
Is it not possible to have someone constantly pouring the most popular pints, i.e. Fosters, John Smiths smooth etc and putting them in a central area to speed up things, then the bar staff need just to pick up 2 or 3 pints etc and you're away

Q14. accymel
What is the club doing to attract more players to the club ?

Q15. sparkie
Can we have some baby wear in the club shop please!!!!!

Q16. accymel
Are stanley going to have the th'owd stanley days merchandise in their stores & online? please

Q17. Maverick
Question to Eric/Rob: When players are sent out (request) to go out on loan do the loaners pay all of the player's wages or do they just make a percentage contribution?? In particular Southport are skint so have they been paying Doherty's wages or have we been paying for him to have a little stay at pleasureland?
Old 15-01-2007, 10:26   #36
Resting In Peace

Any idea when we will have the answers ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 21:21   #37
God Member

can i add a quicky whens the tannoy system going to be fixed in the clayton end .theres no sound coming out of the speakers in the clayton end we nearly missed out on the minutes silence on saturday cause i couldnt hear whet the tannoyman was saying thanks
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 21:35   #38
Senior Member+

cmonstanley the q's r finished sorry
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 21:51   #39
God Member

silly me to you to me to you to me silly me
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 15:58   #40

Will the answers be posted under a thread headed 'Answers to the Club questions 2008'?
Old 16-01-2007, 16:02   #41
God Member

no they wont.... just read the first post
Old 21-01-2007, 21:23   #42
Super Moderator

I know we're all being upbeat and positive at the moment, but isn't it time the club got round to answering these questions?
Old 22-01-2007, 10:39   #43

Hi all

Just received the Q & A's this morning along with an apology from club for the delay... I have made them look nice for you and they are now available on the official site

Questions Jan 07

Enjoy
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 11:27   #44

Thumbs down Re: Questions for the Club 2007

Politics, politics. Maybe the reason why the question & answer thing stopped being a regular thing is because the club don't actually answer the questions properly! Have to say I'm dissapointed that they shyed away from answering my question of whether or not Dohert's wages were being paid by Southport or not. I fear that means they are not and we are paying a player to play for another club because he didn't fancy helping us out in our relegation battle but instead went to help Southport with theirs

Old 23-01-2007, 13:28   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Politics, politics. Maybe the reason why the question & answer thing stopped being a regular thing is because the club don't actually answer the questions properly! Have to say I'm dissapointed that they shyed away from answering my question of whether or not Dohert's wages were being paid by Southport or not. I fear that means they are not and we are paying a player to play for another club because he didn't fancy helping us out in our relegation battle but instead went to help Southport with theirs

I think we have to question if it was Doherty's decision to move to Southport, or whether the Club 'suggested' He should go..............personally I think it was the latter

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..