Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2005, 11:27   #1

Raith Rovers FC

Hi

Sorry for taking up space here but please read on.

I'm on a mission in trying to contact as many football fans throughout the senior leagues in the UK as things are getting very deperate. If anyone can HELP we at RtR would be ever so grateful. Best of luck for the rest of the season and hopefully the old famous name will be back in league football. Unfortunately I am old enough to remember 1963 and the demise of the old Stanley.

I’m a Raith Rovers fan and I’m here to see if you would consider helping my club.
Ten years ago the club was playing in the UEFA Cup against Bayern Munich having won the Coca Cola Cup against Celtic the previous season. It’s been all downhill since that with the current owners arriving and promising a return to the Premier Division but instead taking us into the Second Division (twice).

Of course with everything going pear shaped they started to lose interest and became sick of subsidising their own misjudged budgets. We’ve since been down the usual road of accusations of lack of interest, threats of the stadium being sold for housing etc. It’s a familiar enough story.
Hope is at hand though. A community led consortium involving the Trust and Supporters Club is attempting to buy control of the club and the stadium from the current owners.
The fans are trying to raise £100,000 to become a significant part of the consortium and we’re close to reaching that target.
This weekend we are making a final push to hit the target and if there’s anyone out there who can spare a few quid to help us ‘Reclaim the Rovers’, it would be much appreciated.
If you are interested please go this link
http://www.raithtrust.org.uk/donate1.htm
Even a small donation will take us closer to saving our club! Thanks for any help you can offer
embow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..