Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 07:19   #1
Super Moderator

Respect to Eric and Coley...

...and the rest of the directors and management team for the bold and imaginative signings they have just made. This would be highly creditable at a well-supported club where local interest is high, but at Stanley where the "great adventure" of the last two seasons has been greeted with overwhelming public indifference, it's a remarkable act of faith. Obviously, we're all hoping that the new lads complement the existing team to produce a winning run which will entice those who currently prefer to spend their Saturday afternoons in pubs, clubs and armchairs watching Sky Sport to make the short trip to the IES!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Respect to Eric and Coley...

Here, Here - go to agree, where on earth do they hear about Benin internationals playing in France? Is he on recomendation (yes I have seen that he played against Morecambe in the reserves) but where did they find out about him prior to that, Was he unattached? Good Luck to Matty O'niel, and hope to see him back at the IES sooner rather than later. Good luck also to Andy Dibble and Paul Brown, I for one hope they enjoy there stay. PS is it possible that Andy Dibble will become goalkeeping coach eventually?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:00   #3
Senior Member+

We spoke to Andy last Saturday and he said that he was at Stanley to play... and to help the young 'keepers. So it sounds as though he'll be doing some coaching too.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:16   #4
Resting In Peace

If you read Andy Dibble's player profile on the Official Site you will see that he will be coaching.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 17:04   #5

Intriguing signings. Lets hope they gell well & soon to take us where we belong. Wonder how many have changed their result forecasts for Sat now?????
Old 01-09-2005, 22:02   #6
Senior Member+

Thanks Jimbo for the PM

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 23:34   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
...and the rest of the directors and management team for the bold and imaginative signings they have just made. This would be highly creditable at a well-supported club where local interest is high, but at Stanley where the "great adventure" of the last two seasons has been greeted with overwhelming public indifference, it's a remarkable act of faith. Obviously, we're all hoping that the new lads complement the existing team to produce a winning run which will entice those who currently prefer to spend their Saturday afternoons in pubs, clubs and armchairs watching Sky Sport to make the short trip to the IES!
Yes, WH, I'm in total agreement regarding the football side of the new season's proceedings.

However, these signings - which we might see as significant - are quite meaningless to the majority of the citizens of Accrington. They are , literally , fair weather friends.

They come once because the Club's doing well, but they balk at returning because they have experienced inadequate toilet facilities, lack of cover for crowds above 1,500 and dreadful muddy conditions which ruin their expensive shoes and trousers.
Believe me, please. I've heard them say it time and again . . . until they've stopped coming. I suppose that's one way to silence your critics !

I'm fed up of hearing stories about how much is in the Club's bank account. The ground is in need of major improvements , but we've wasted yet another summer waiting for grants, etc which may or may not materialise.

I know what will materialise though. A wet and muddy winter. And lower attendances , regardless of how entertaining the football might be.

I love this Club and I want it to do well. But I suppose I'll be sniped at again for being "negative". Some people just won't accept the truth .

This is the 21st Century and the people have choices !

Addendum : Sorry , I notice that there is already a significant thread called "Poor Gates" which is where this reply should be.

Last edited by Henry Morton; 05-09-2005 at 00:11.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..