Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2007, 16:57   #16

Re: rikki baines gone!

Sounds interesting. Hopefully Coley's come up with another gem. I know he's only 17 (McGrail, not Coley!), but if he's on the verge of a first team place in a team at the top of the Championship, then he must have something about him.
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2007, 17:01   #17
Senior Member+

Wahooooo! New Blood.........

In Coleman We Trust!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 17:26   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Wahooooo! New Blood.........

In Coleman We Trust!
Does that mean Bains was old blood?

ukcowboy on sparkies pc
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 17:45   #19
Senior Member+

Hope he's been warned about League 2 tackles, otherwise he may not survive for a month ....
Old 15-01-2007, 18:05   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
Chris McGrail has joined League Two side Accrington Stanley on a one-month 'work experience' deal.
Well done Coley.
While not the big signing we're all hoping for, Coley's trying to bring in a mix of experience & youth in Rodgers and McGrail.
Now can we have a proven goalscorer please Mr C?

All the best to Rikki Baines.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 10:12   #21

Unhappy Re: rikki baines gone!

rikki left on a sad note because he was enjoying playiing for accrington first team and thought he had being doing enough to warrant a regular place.Those that seen him on saturday would have seen that he was down and disappointed,i tried to convince him to stay but things had been building for a while and in the end the frustration was too much!!
On behalf of rikki and his family i would like to thank accrington stanley for giving him a chance,the supporters for supporting him and his friends and team mates for all their support,good luck for the future.
rikki bains father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 11:04   #22
God Member

tell him all the best for the future.... hope he does well
Old 16-01-2007, 11:37   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikki bains father View Post
rikki left on a sad note because he was enjoying playiing for accrington first team and thought he had being doing enough to warrant a regular place.Those that seen him on saturday would have seen that he was down and disappointed,i tried to convince him to stay but things had been building for a while and in the end the frustration was too much!!
On behalf of rikki and his family i would like to thank accrington stanley for giving him a chance,the supporters for supporting him and his friends and team mates for all their support,good luck for the future.
Ah bless him, as I've said before I spoke to him after the game on Saturday and he did seem very disappointed. I hope he's read all the messages on here wishing him luck in the future, all the best Rikki & sorry it didn't work out for you at Stanley
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 14:37   #24
Senior Member+

The daft thing is with Rogers out for 3 matches, chances are, he would have been in tonight and for the next couple of matches!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 16:22   #25
God Member

True - but at least Phil Edwards should get a start tonight, if there's anyone else in at right back I'll be well & truly gobsmacked
Old 16-01-2007, 18:22   #26

By all accounts what happened to Rikki was that he was offered a deal (a poor one finnancially), leaving him broke. What he was offered as a basic he could have got at a conference north club. I would think a lot of supporters on the terraces would be taking home more in a week than he was offered. So it was not that he refused a great offer. After 1 janaury he listened to other offers put wanted to see what Stanley could offer, then on friday he was asked to sign non contract forms in order to play on saturday 13th jan. He signed these but then found out he wasn't even going to be on the bench. So who can blame him.
The club said there was not enough money to offer more but can find a five figure some for a forward???
Why couldnt the club have been honest with him and say he wasnt going to play on saturday instead of getting him signing a non contract form then not playing him.
Good luck Rikki with your new team.
Mr Blobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 09:30   #27
Senior Member+

On BBC teletext today, Rikki has signed for Tamworth until the end of the season. I do believe Mr Whalley has boobed on this one. He was an exciting prospect who looked fairly solid at the back, thereby assisting our defence. And lets face it, it needs help. I do not believe we need another striker, we need help with our defence, big style, after all, as had been said by myself and others, scoring aint a problem, we are one of the top scorers in this league, just our defensive frailties are showing.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 09:33   #28
God Member

So Tamworth offered him more than we could?? Would have been good to have kept hold of him but can't blame the lad for wanting regular games, good luck Rikki - but Tamworth!!
Old 18-01-2007, 13:49   #29

He has obviously gone Tamworth for the games and experiance, but it would have been nice to keep the lad here, looked rock solid at the back... especially against Wrexham.

Don't think it was anything to do with money... he had already left so that couldn't have been an issue.
Old 20-01-2007, 17:36   #30

Re rikki the3 money offered by accrington was the equivelent of him getting less than £7(seven pound an hour)for a 37 hour week. Now that doesnt mean just because he's a footballer he should get more than those on the terraces but gives an indication of what the club offered him. Work the sums out and you can see why he left. The money at tamworth is good and as its only 10 minutes from his midlands home saves him a fortune on petrol etc and its a 6 month deal. whereas at accrington it was a non contract basis. They can find a five figure sum for a conference forward and a 2.5 year deal to a unibond player (who is a great player) yet can't offer even a six month deal to a player who other clubs want.
Don't be surprised if a European team comes in for him during the summer to play at a Premier League level.
Mr Blobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..