Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2007, 06:21   #1
God Member

Roberts to return?

From Telegraph
Stanley Eye Roberts Return (from Lancashire Telegraph)

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2007, 09:11   #2

Re: Roberts to return?

This is worth putting a few quid on.....for a short spell anyway!!..

It's fair to say things have not been going too well down 'ere for Gary at the moment. The fans have strated to get on his back which in turn has given his confidence a beating. As you all know he is very much a confidence player and it's true to say that his confidence is not very high at the mo. It is frustrating for me as I know what he can do but you have to be consistent in this league or you'll be out of not only the team, but the squad. A return to Stanley would be a good option in my opinion, it will give the player and also Stanley a boost...and will certainly liven up the dressing room with him and Ian Craney back together!!!!

My head says Ideally a return to Stanley for a short while is a good option....unfortunately my Heart says he will be sold in January Ipswich have been taken over with a £12million cash injection for the manager to spend on players and again if i'm honest I fear for his place.

What i'd like for Xmas is for Gary to come back to Stanley for 3 months and help push them up the league scoring plenty of goals, then to come back to Ipswich and help us into the Prem!!! Ps and Norwich to get relegated!!

Thats me done, Merry xmas all..

Tractorboy Red
Old 18-12-2007, 09:21   #3
God Member

I think we should buy Anthony Barry back as well, and Brett Ormerod would be fantastic at this level and Toddy aint getting a game for Rotherham at the moment neither!!!!

welcome back Gary if you are coming back.
Old 18-12-2007, 09:32   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I think we should buy Anthony Barry back as well, and Brett Ormerod would be fantastic at this level and Toddy aint getting a game for Rotherham at the moment neither!!!!

Do I detect a note of sarcasm there Macca?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 09:50   #5
God Member

Mmmm dont what to make of it, other than seems we are trying to get the old team back, tho one question that bugs me is that we get rid of our quality players [much needed] for sums only to acquire them back costing us sums too

Are we that desperate just to get players on loan deals & keeping the dregs on payroll rather than actually buying some players & keeping the quality on payroll as best we can

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 09:54   #6
God Member

Printed in the Lancashire Telegraph mmm

Lets put in in context;

Telegraph reporter to JB : Do you still keep in touch with GR ?

JB : Yes we speak to each other now and again

Telegraph Reporter to Editor : JB says he speaks to GR now and again, thats good enough for a story about a possible return to the FES for GR on a quiet news day Boss.

Crap paper
Old 18-12-2007, 09:57   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Crap paper
Cant deny some poor people the need for emergency bog rollhehehe

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 18-12-2007, 10:08   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Printed in the Lancashire Telegraph mmm

Lets put in in context;

Telegraph reporter to JB : Do you still keep in touch with GR ?

JB : Yes we speak to each other now and again

Telegraph Reporter to Editor : JB says he speaks to GR now and again, thats good enough for a story about a possible return to the FES for GR on a quiet news day Boss.

Crap paper

I happen to know the reporter of this story quite well, And I really object to the insinuation that she's made up this story.
I think we all know JB was quite upset when both Ian and Gary left and I know that Gary still keeps in with the lads and I've heard one or two of them refer to him in regards of a return. Suzanne is a consumate professional and will have talked to Jimmy about Gary, as any good journo worth half their salt should do, and lets face it JB isn't exactly the shy none quote giving type is he.

By the way Dave are you aware that Suzanne is the regular journo that covers Burnley for the telegraph. Isn't it a bit rude to slam your own journo!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 10:12   #9
God Member

It is a bit 'less' factual tho Sparkie, more speculation than fact that Gary is coming back, its just hearsay comments & chit chat with JB atm, i think that is the point made to be fair

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 18-12-2007, 10:25   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
By the way Dave are you aware that Suzanne is the regular journo that covers Burnley for the telegraph. Isn't it a bit rude to slam your own journo!!!!
Doesn't work for the club so not our journo

No offence meant to Suzanne I'm sure she has her sights set higher than working for the LT
Old 18-12-2007, 14:07   #11
Senior Member+

You can't upset 'mates' on here, don't you know!

Actually, the same story was in The Sun about 2 weeks ago.
Old 18-12-2007, 19:41   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

Let's bring George Stewart back from Coventry and Mike Ferguson back from Burnley while we're at it.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 20:49   #13
Senior Member+

Actually,on Roberts, from Bulls News, Stanley can't afford a permanent deal, but are able to offer a loan option with Ian Craney expected to leave them for a permanent move to Peterboro in January.

Old story, or still a possibility?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 20:52   #14
Senior Member+

Bit more on this story from Ipswich end:

TWTD.co.uk - Accrington Want Roberts Back

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 11:53   #15
Resting in Peace

From the Hereford site:-

"Accrington boss John Coleman is sounding out Ipswich over a return to the Fraser Eagle Stadium for Gary Roberts. The winger has fallen out of favour at Portman Road, and Ipswich are open to offers. Stanley can't afford a permanent deal, but are able to offer a loan option with Ian Craney expected to leave them for a permanent move to Peterboro in January."

Is that right?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..