Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2005, 12:14   #1
Senior Member+

Rory Going Going Gone.

Colin Hendry has stated on Blackpool fC's website in his post match interview that he is looking to tie up Rory Prendergast in the next few days.

Now unless he's planning some form of kinky preseason ritual that tells me that he wants Rory to stay.

I would just like to say if this is the case then i wish Rory all the best and would like to thank him for the entertainment he has provided us with over the last few years. And I hope Eric gets sufficient funds from his sale to give us a good shot at signing the one thing we really need another keeper.

well done roar.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2005, 12:31   #2
God Member

Re: Rory Going Going Gone.

Colin Hendry obviously knows a good thing when he sees it - if he treats Rory the way he deserves to be treated, he'll be repaid a hundred fold for showing so much faith in him.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2005, 12:57   #3
Senior Member+

good luck Rory, You are definately one of the best players ive ever seen down at the Crown, and thats not an overstatement.

hope ur gonna be Englands next left winger hehe
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2005, 22:41   #4
God Member

Well If he does sign for them I can only wish him all the best and well deserved move to the league and to league 1 too! GOOD LUCK RORY XXXXX

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 17:22   #5
Senior Member+

I can only echo the sentiments of the above posts; I wish Rory all the very best and hope that he achieves his ambitions. Good luck mate x.
Old 15-07-2005, 21:31   #6

Good Luck Rory, All The Best
Old 15-07-2005, 21:55   #7

Angry Re: Rory Going Going Gone.

What do we want, a chairman and a gaffer who says this and that or people who mean it. Eric and John have been amazing but only Eric can continue it, John has been unbelievable but is now out of his depth. we have lost Evil and Rory the two best players that we had and gone for trialists. In the conference money does not talk in the unibond it did.
I think we will struggle, Coley`s saving grace is the the early fixtures
Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 21:58   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Too much drink on a Friday night me thinks hehehehe
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 22:05   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog
What do we want, a chairman and a gaffer who says this and that or people who mean it. Eric and John have been amazing but only Eric can continue it, John has been unbelievable but is now out of his depth. we have lost Evil and Rory the two best players that we had and gone for trialists. In the conference money does not talk in the unibond it did.
I don't think that's entirely fair on john. I will be the first to admit that sometimes I don't agree with some of his decisions (but that's prob the same for a fan of any team) but I don't think the 2 players going are entirely his fault. Even if they got on with john 100% of the time, when opportunity knocks to move into the league then any player would be daft not to take it. Good luck to them both and may coley make some great signings before the transfer window closes

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 20:03   #10
Junior Member+

i think stanley are going to stuggle with the loss of rory and evil,unless coley brings in there replacements soon as.....by the looks of things coley must have some money now to by players.
BULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 22:36   #11

You can't hold players back & if they want to go on to greater things so be it. No player is bigger than the club. At our level these guys are what top up the pot & hopefully Eric will let Coley have some of the divi. The main payday will be if these guys, & I sincerely hope they do, go on to even greater clubs, especially with the sell ons Eric puts in. Lee was clearly disenchanted when it became apparent we were not going to make the play offs & Rory was dissolutioned with the way he was being treated on & off the pitch. As much as we would have loved both to stay, the writing was on the wall. All the best both of you & we are sure you will remember your roots.
Old 18-07-2005, 01:20   #12
Senior Member+

If Lee was disenchanted with only 4 games to go I don't think that was the reason he would have left, think about it all the players would be ****ed off that they didn't make the playoffs but they didn't all leave only 2 players had the caliber to make it in the league Lee and Rory and both would have been watched long before the end of the season, if you remember the rumor that Bristol was after Rory it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that a club would be in for him, as for Lee we were lucky to get him and to hold out hope that we could have kept him probably would have ment he had had a crap season which wasn't the case, so I don't think Coley is in the equation and knew well before anyone else that he had 2 players other teams wanted. The only way we will attract good caliber players is to be in the top 5 of the conference or get in to the league.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 08:14   #13
Resting In Peace

If Gary Roberts continues to play like he did against Cardiff we will soon forget about Rory.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..