Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2005, 19:25   #1
God Member

Unhappy Roy Gabryszak (crackerjack)

just read in the Observer that former Club Photographer Roy Gabryszak died yesterday after his battle with illness. Roy took my wedding photo's for a minimal amount and did a cracking job that cost more than the fee I gave him. He was a loyal Stanley fan and followed them everywhere when he could.

Many people will miss him and I will certainly be one of them.

Old 15-12-2005, 19:39   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Roy Gabryszak (crackerjack)

sad loss to the club and fans, maybe arrange a minute silence beofre the alty game?
Old 15-12-2005, 19:42   #3
God Member

Died very early yesterday morning.. A very sad day indeed. Rest in peace Roy .. Missed already.

I believe there will be a minutes silence for Roy on Saturday.
Old 15-12-2005, 20:14   #4
Senior Member+

That is very, very sad news. Roy took over many of the duties from Terry Slinger as the official club photographer and he was a dedicated Stanley fan.

RIP
Old 15-12-2005, 20:18   #5
Member.

I never knew the Gentleman, but I was aware of him. God bless and my deepest sympathies to those loved ones he leaves behind. I will be in Accrington on Saturday afternoon perhaps someone will let us know what time the minutes silence will be.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 20:20   #6
Senior Member+

should be just before kick off i assume, therefore just before 3pm
Old 15-12-2005, 21:40   #7
Full Member+

Very sad news, Roy went out with my sis for a couple of years.. a lovely bloke taken at a tragically young age. My sympathies go out to his family.
Old 15-12-2005, 21:46   #8
Give, give, give member

My cousin-in-law heard yesterday about this sad loss, he was really upset as he was at school with him.

My condolences to all his family and loved ones.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 22:04   #9
God Member

RIP Roy, my thoughts go out to all his family and friends and he will be missed at stanley

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 22:43   #10

Only heard today about Roy. Knew him as a local lad along with Alison, who along with their four children will now feel a very sad loss despite his debilitating illness. Despite his diagnosis when it finally came Roy always was cheery & we had a few hearty words at times while my mum was going thru her cancer battle. I will never forget his comment on asking if he knew what was wrong with him, on asking how he felt he said "It's **** but life can be too!" He has left a good legacy with his photography & my early days with the Reds. My dearest condolances to Alison & family & sleep well Roy, you have earned it.
There will definitely be a one minute silence at the game on Saturday, Roy has earned that too.
Old 16-12-2005, 16:37   #11

Unhappy Re: Roy Gabryszak (crackerjack)

Very sad news indeed. Thanks for posting it on here otherwise I would never have known.. God bless Roy - you will be missed by all that were fortunate to know you.. My old avatar picture of my face being painted down at Bournemouth was taken by Roy.. He kindly gave me the original and signed the back for me. Sincerest condolences to his family from me and Lesley.. A good friend has been lost..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 16-12-2005 at 16:39.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 18:38   #12

I covered the Stanley for 4 or 5 years for The Observer and Roy helped me out week in, week out with photos in the days when it was impossible to get photographers to every game.
Over the years I got to know him well, travelled to a few games with him, and met his wife Alison and the kids, Alison often rushing down to our offices with pics before deadline
We weren't able to pay anything like what the true value of such a great service was, but he still smiled and provided them anyway - Roy's attitude was "I may think you should be paying a bit more for getting all these great photos but even though you're not, you can have them anyway because it's good for Stanley the more coverage and exposure they get."
A true football fan, a real gentleman and one of those people you knew probably wouldn't have a bad word for anyone.
I was so delighted for him when his son was born - and of course Stanley had to be his middle name!
I've only watched Stanley once since I left the Ob in 2003 but whenever I hear they've had a result, it's people like Roy I think about, loyal supporters revelling in their success and fully deserving it.
My thoughts go out to Alison and his family - please pass my condolences on if anyone sees them - and I wish I could have seen him thanked and rewarded more for the massive help he gave to me.
Jim Wilkinson
prestonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 18:44   #13
Senior Member+

For any younger members, Roy did what Kipax does now. A legend of a "red" & such a shame that he has died so young. A lovely man that will be missed by family & friends & everyone at the Crown

RIP ROY

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2005, 13:00   #14
Senior Member+

RIP Roy
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2005, 21:54   #15

I understand the funeral is on Wednesday & unfortunately is too close to me for comfort with losing my mother only 3+ weeks ago. Alison did invite me to attend & suspect she would welcome the support of many Stanley fans who knew & loved Roy. If it is fitting maybe someone who knows the details could post the time & place on here.
Alison & children, you know I will be with you in spirit on Wednesday, it will be a hard day for you but you know you have the backing of many of Roys friends now, on Wednesday & whenever you need a listening shoulder to cry on-they are your support from now on. Although you will grieve remember the happy memories of Roy you shared because that is what will help you to carry on day by day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..