Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2007, 10:57   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Royalty question

I had some of this at the Darwen Food and Drink Festival last Summer. It was ok, but nothing to shout about. A bit like the team I commented to the barman.
There were much nicer brews on offer. To be honest, I don't think the brewery is using the name to cash in on the club. They could just as easily change the name to something like 'Th'owd Stomach Liner' and it would sell just as well (if not better).
Old 22-02-2007, 11:00   #17
Resident Waffler

It could be seen as a tribute to the club I suppose.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 16:58   #18

There's a "folk singer" in Yorkshire, I think, called Stanley Accrington (http://www.snappyfingers.co.uk/stanacc/frameset.htm) and a band in Southampton called Accrington Stanley (www.accrington-stanley.com). I'm sure they would like to share some of their earnings with the club!
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 19:38   #19

My lad has 2 Goldfish:

one called Accrington & yep you've guessed it the other called Stanley..!!

Perhaps I should have put that on the FISHY site, or in another PLAICE..!!

Tractorboy Red
Marty71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 20:35   #20

The Lamb on Whalley Road in Clayton had the Stanley ale on tap at the end of last season. Assumed that the club knew about it, but then again the Lamb itself was bereft of customers, so maybe not. Sad to see the Lamb in such a poor state, it was the place I had my first beer and always seemed a homely little boozer. Agree with Big Al that the Stanley bitter is a decent beer, and certainly ought to be served in the clubhouse for those of us who like our beer alive and not chemically enhanced. Anyone remember the bar at Grays last season? They had an excellent Grays Athletic bitter, as well as Leffe Brown, rarely found on tap. The best football club bar in the country in my experience, and packed out from 11 in the morning until when I finally staggered out, around 9 in the evening. Is undoubtedly a major asset for Grays and shows what can be done if you make the social side of things attractive enough. What a day that was, saw Stanley take their unbeaten record with two brilliant goals, and then watched England ambush Argentina 3-2.

Phil
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 09:08   #21
God Member

The club are aware of it and were asked permission, which was granted.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..