Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 10:39   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Rumour mill is grinding.... look in for more!!

There seems little stability at Chester Coley would be made to go their
Old 12-11-2008, 10:44   #17
K-P

chester is closer for him. better ground, better facilities and only a guess but probably better wages..

What hurts me to say the most is that chester probably have better potential.. Accrington Stanley are not in financial trouble and can survive exactly where we are. We need bigger gates to generate the income to push on. I really cant see us getting a regular 2k a week let alone the attendances we would need to live in league one.

Chester is a city isn't it? higher population.. If Coley put his genious to work there they could go places..

I am not saying anything Coley or anyone else doesn't already know.

So all thats left is loyalty... but you have to put that against propects and finances... he is a family man and loyalty doesn't pay the bills

It should go without saying that I 100% want him to stay.. I would be massivly gutted if he went.. I am a big coley fan and truly believe he is the only man for this job... My choice is to keep him.... But ..

So yer.. Worried I wonder if all the people who have asked for coleys head in the past would be so happy if it became reality.. somehow I think not.. somehow I think they would panik if he left..

Last edited by K-P; 12-11-2008 at 10:46.
K-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:28   #18

Now that the real job he wanted is no longer avaialble, maybe he would look at 3rd best!

Seriously, JC would be taking one hell of a gamble with Chester especially with their record of management loyalty. As for more money, possibly in his own pocket.... but for players??????

What will be, will be. But I'd hate to see him go there and be treated like poo by SV. JC deserves better than that.....if only 'cause he's a CP legend.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:04   #19
K-P

Hvaing now had a shufty around the chester website... blimey they have the same messages from the chairman as we do.. about if the people of chester want a league team they need to come support us.... sounds like here.. hmmm little less worried now
Old 12-11-2008, 13:03   #20

Well I for one would be astonished if he went to Chester. Yes he'd be right to be ambitious but what have Chester ever done. Its a city but not a very big one. They are almost as perpetual basement boys as Rochdale. The ground is absolutely crap. No character no atmosphere. Its just 4 bus shelters round a field at the end of an industrial estate.
Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 15:43   #21

If he goes i wonder how many of our players would follow him?.The scouse connection and all that.It would have me worried K.P.

ACCY TILL I DIE...
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 16:00   #22
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
If he goes i wonder how many of our players would follow him?.The scouse connection and all that.It would have me worried K.P.
How can they follow him? They are on contract also Chester have no money to buy players, they have been suspended from signing players twice for going over their wage cap.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 19:48   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well if the worst happened, just seen n interview on skysports news, Andy Cole wants to go into management.
Old 12-11-2008, 20:25   #24
Senior Member+

Howard Kendall wants to get back into management and Brian Little last week said he was looking for a club in the 'lower' leagues near to the north-west to manage.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 20:55   #25
Senior Member+

To be fair, even the Chester fans are saying that Coleman would be mad to leave Accrington for them.
Old 12-11-2008, 22:09   #26
Senior Member+

if he was going to leave, surely the job for coley would be tranmere after ronnie moore fails to get them into the play offs again this season.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 23:49   #27
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
if he was going to leave, surely the job for coley would be tranmere after ronnie moore fails to get them into the play offs again this season.

and there knocked out of the cup so early by.......
Old 13-11-2008, 12:13   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Howard Kendall wants to get back into management and Brian Little last week said he was looking for a club in the 'lower' leagues near to the north-west to manage.
Remember a few years ago when the Leeds job came up being momentarily worried by exchanging glances with a Coley look alike in Commercial Street Leeds who appeared to recognise me by sight. I cannot see him leaving Accrington and certainly not for something that's not a significantly better position.

Followed Brian's career with interest from the early days. Have his autograph from the 1975 Villa League Cup and promotion winning side. He came from Peterlee in Durham originally. After all his moves its good to know he'd like to settle in the North West.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 13:01   #29
Senior Member+

LC2L0779.jpg :: Accy v Brentford

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 13:52   #30
God Member

I can't see Coley leaving for Chester. Wouldn't want him to either. He's done wonders for this club and though he's still got a lot to learn in the realm of league management, I can't envisage us attracting an adequate replacement.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..