Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2008, 12:39   #1
Senior Member+

SAD and HAPPY!!!

Sad to see 1).Lifelong.Supporters who threatened such during and after the Lincoln Game missing from their usual perches !...and leaving VERY early yesterday!...

2. Our team trying to find themselves a way out of a fog of indecisive tactics
and second best to a team who were physically and motivationally superior to
them!...Despondency + no satisfaction from constant failure = further demotivation !....A Sad sight...because they did their best with what the weft they'd been given to weave!

3. The Body language of the Manager at the end of the game...suggesting an air of resignation had settled on him ( Depeche..that's not the same as RESIGNATION...so put your hatchet down babe!)..did it signify that a realisation that his options relating to Team selection and Team preparation
have all been tried...and still fail to yeild any success?..or was I imagining it all?...

HAPPY...for the Nordic contingent !...for their enthusiastic attitude...and
voices...BUT what about Ricky's feeble attempt at an in-depth interview..
no wonder they failed to respond to his pleas for involvement in the Crossbar Challenge....they must have been wincing all the way back to the Arctic Circle!..

Sadness and Happiness, not in equal shares..but it was worth while turning up..and staying to the end!

ON STANLEY!.......ON!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2008, 14:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: SAD and HAPPY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
...BUT what about Ricky's feeble attempt at an in-depth interview..
What about Ricky, full stop. No matter how badly we play, I always find his performance to be worse.
To have that naff crossbar challenge, week after week......

But, yes I'll be back on Tuesday. ON STANLEY ON.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 15:01   #3
God Member

The norweign lads were a credit and I am proud to call them stanley fans, even if they did drag me on the pitch with them at half time but the drinks shared after made up for it what a day/eve

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 23:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
The norweign lads were a credit and I am proud to call them stanley fans, even if they did drag me on the pitch with them at half time but the drinks shared after made up for it what a day/eve
What I couldn't get my head round, was a 'professional' broadcaster calling
them 'the Norwegian lot'.... no wonder they did not respond to the plea for another 'crossbar challenger'
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 06:51   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
them 'the Norwegian lot'.... no wonder they did not respond to the plea for another 'crossbar challenger'
I broke my own rule...'Never slag anyone off on the Forum' (Even Depechmode whose one-line postings are NOT much fun to read, and totally unproductive!...When will he..as requested,put a name (s) to the one(s),he can see replacing the Manager whos head he wants so passionately 'on a plate ?. )

But I did break my own rule when suggesting that the performance of our Stadium announcer left much to be desired. However there was a silver-lining to the so-called 'interview' with our mates from Oslo and surrounding parts..that being the brief respite from the dreadful dirges ,which perhaps he's under some contractual obligation to play..but which are nevertheless loud, tedious..and totally non-inspirational!. And now I'm letting my tastes in music rule my head !...but I guess I'm not alone in my opinons...and HIS voice does tend to grate after a while...

One terrifying thought did cross my mind though...To Visiting Fans etc..
HE is THE Face and Voice of Accrington Stanley..Oh Dear!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 10:06   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Then he made it even worse once they were on the pitch saying 'Hurdy Gurdy lads' - couldn't believe my ears - as you say Kitchener no wonder they preferred making their way to the bar instead of answering his call for them to do the crossbar challenge
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..