Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2007, 10:28   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Saturday scooping

I know, I've obviously seen you there macca but it wasn't a direct reference to you yourself. There's not just you in the supporters club is there? Nothing against you or anyhting you lot do but meeting in the Oaklea as the official stanley supporters club, when Stanley's pub is a stone's throw away is just a bit contradicitive....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2007, 10:31   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16 View Post
I know, I've obviously seen you there macca but it wasn't a direct reference to you yourself. There's not just you in the supporters club is there? Nothing against you or anyhting you lot do but meeting in the Oaklea as the official stanley supporters club, when Stanley's pub is a stone's throw away is just a bit contradicitive....
I was there on the open day and have been in the crown more than before in fact probably had only been in a couple of times before it was taken over!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 10:43   #33
Senior Member+

I'm not making direct references Just general
Old 14-07-2007, 10:50   #34
God Member

The crown is now the supporters club but the supporters club are meeting in a nearby pub on matchdays... Thats what is looking strange. Just my opinion
Old 14-07-2007, 11:02   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
The crown is now the supporters club but the supporters club are meeting in a nearby pub on matchdays... Thats what is looking strange. Just my opinion

Exactly.....bit strange
Old 14-07-2007, 11:28   #36
God Member

but as I have stated about 6 times we are not allowed to sell anything in there!!!!!!!!!

ffs

if we can't sell anyhting on matchdays then we may as well fold. And if we fold we won't be the OSC and can then drink anywhere!

it aint rocket science.

to sell anything be it memberships, merchandise, event tickets or whatever we have to go elsewhere. CAn't go in the clubhouse, cant go in the Crown, so going to the Oaklea. I aint standing on the car park every bloody week with people passing pints over the wall from the Crown.

And no its not just me in the OSC and so its not just me selling stuff
Old 14-07-2007, 11:48   #37
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I'm with Macca on this until Eric allows it to be a true Stanley pub and that includes allowing the OSC to operate from there I will be having a couple in the Oakleigh then try one in the Crown unless as I suspect in will be full of away fans.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 13:47   #38

Personally I don't care who's drinking in the Crown as long as it is full and the club is making money out of it. Of course it would make for good relationships between club and fans if the OSC was allowed to operate from there but as we have seen in the past Accrington Stanley FC don't always seem to be in touch with their regular supporters. Rob and friends have put in a lot of work for the OSC and they are entitled to operate from (and drink wherever) they like
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 16:34   #39
Senior Member+

I think the Club deserve a rocket up their collective butt for not letting the OSC sell stuff in the Crown; it's a ridiculous state of affairs, and I thought Eric was a fairly astute businessman !
Old 14-07-2007, 17:02   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I think the Club deserve a rocket up their collective butt for not letting the OSC sell stuff in the Crown; it's a ridiculous state of affairs, and I thought Eric was a fairly astute businessman !
The pub is leased and most pub leases restrict commercial activities on the Premises to those of a normal licensed public house.

Failure to comply with a lease can result amongst other things in the property being taken back by the Landlord.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 20:21   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
The pub is leased and most pub leases restrict commercial activities on the Premises to those of a normal licensed public house.

Failure to comply with a lease can result amongst other things in the property being taken back by the Landlord.

sorry Haggis, I aint having that!

this is nowt to do with lease terminology, its about Eric Whalley vs
Old 14-07-2007, 21:11   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Good post this...

The OSC is only trying to help the club go forward, they are selling bits and pieces not gold bullion and drugs, the club needs to move fast to put this to bed.

For once lets all pull in the same direction, let the OSC sell their Merch etc...
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 21:39   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
sorry Haggis, I aint having that!

this is nowt to do with lease terminology,
No you're quite right.

The landlords, Punch Taverns, don't call them "leases" they call them Retailers' Agreements.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 22:25   #44
God Member

great to meet all our new scottish fans today!! Yes it's me Harwood red..you know the female one had a great time and lots of fun banter...hope you do visit us again

oh yeah, just got home

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 22:33   #45
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
great to meet all our new scottish fans today!! Yes it's me Harwood red..you know the female one had a great time and lots of fun banter...hope you do visit us again

oh yeah, just got home
Not Pendlered than? Haha

I'll definitely be back down during the season, and for the full weekend this time, not just a couple of hours.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..