Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 18:52   #46
God Member

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

All depends which way you look at it Rob, I think theres a lot of people holding back to see how it goes, I think (or is it hope) that if we get to 200k in 6 week, the other 108K will happen very quickly with some big hits

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2009, 18:56   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

Its gonna be slow going watching that thermometer go up but it will. I'm well confident of it hitting 200k and that would hopefully show the taxman that we are good for it.
Thats my main worry Rob, having first hand experiance of the I.R.S. there is no sentiment in em. we NEED the " Full Monty" IMHO.
Old 07-09-2009, 19:17   #48
God Member

well I would like to think that at the moment ANY income over and above the norm will be diverted. We know that the Darlo fixture would only be worth around 1700 fans usually (at the most) so anything over that amount should be considered donations. I really do hope beyond hope that we make sufficient allowance for the extras with regards to programme sales and particularly alcohol for the bars (sale or return and stack the buggers high)
Old 07-09-2009, 19:21   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats my main worry Rob, having first hand experiance of the I.R.S. there is no sentiment in em. we NEED the " Full Monty" IMHO.
yeah we do need the full monty Cashy, BUT there is precedent that provided we make a substantial payment (and probably 3/4 of it) then they wouldn't continue proceedings when they can see that by doing that they would get nowt. Dangerous game if that is what we end up relying on, and I really hope that we don't try to pull the wool over their eyes for a few grand in the hope that they will allow the last portion to be installments. For now though we concentrate on the full amount and then start panicking a bit later on.
Old 07-09-2009, 19:21   #50
God Member

The thing that'll be central to making the total will be the consistent application of fresh ideas over the next 7 weeks. While the bucket collection by the Ultras made a brilliant, unprecedented amount of money; most people will only put money in a bucket on one occasion. The club needs to get better organised and more involved with what groups are doing, they have the man power in the fans whenever necessary. As has been said elsewhere HMRC won't benefit from closing us down, especially over an excess amount that is not met by the fundraising.

It would be handy to know if anyone has the answer to this SoS charity question, though!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 19:24   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The thing that'll be central to making the total will be the consistent application of fresh ideas over the next 7 weeks. While the bucket collection by the Ultras made a brilliant, unprecedented amount of money; most people will only put money in a bucket on one occasion. The club needs to get better organised and more involved with what groups are doing, they have the man power in the fans whenever necessary. As has been said elsewhere HMRC won't benefit from closing us down, especially over an excess amount that is not met by the fundraising.

It would be handy to know if anyone has the answer to this SoS charity question, though!
the club should be coming wi that answer pronto shaker.
Old 07-09-2009, 19:28   #52
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
well I would like to think that at the moment ANY income over and above the norm will be diverted. We know that the Darlo fixture would only be worth around 1700 fans usually (at the most) so anything over that amount should be considered donations. I really do hope beyond hope that we make sufficient allowance for the extras with regards to programme sales and particularly alcohol for the bars (sale or return and stack the buggers high)
Don't forget season ticket holders who are paying on the gate.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 19:42   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Don't forget season ticket holders who are paying on the gate.
that does need clarifying- pointless me paying on gate if it don't go to the SOS fund MRT or someone where are ya.? my suggestion would be n undertaking that anything above the "average" Gate, progs etc be donated to the SOS Fund.

Last edited by cashman; 07-09-2009 at 19:50.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 19:51   #54

cashman why not get a bucket and ill stand outside the ground and collect the money hat you would pay and ill give it to someone high up somehow
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 20:15   #55
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device Think if sensible they will put the extra to one side till rough idea on what is short on the fund at taxman's final whistle but if not needed then should be put into a contingency fund should we have a poor week or putting it into regeneration of club stock in time for xmas or improvements
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 20:27   #56
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

what will the club do with the money OVER £308K that is raised?? THATS A GOOD QUESTION,I would like to think that any money left over could be put in to a central fund that would benefit any other league club that needs a cash injection,just a thought on another note we now have links to SOS on Brighton's forum,and Shrewsbury towns forum
Old 07-09-2009, 20:30   #57
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
I'm going around asking for sponsors for the sponsored walk to Rochdale, and begging wherever possible for donations to the fund.
One question I'm being continually asked is "If I make a donation or sponsor you, and you don't make the £308,000 needed, what happens to the money?"
Does anybody know? I know it sounds very negative, but it's a question I feel needs answering.
The official answer is on its way

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 21:09   #58
Senior Member+

I've posted information about our plight and a link to the donation site on a couple of national forums I use regularly. I don't know if anyone is contributing, but a couple who said they wouldn't donate did say they were ordering shirts instead.

Every little counts
Old 07-09-2009, 21:16   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
The official answer is on its way
How do u know an answer is forth coming psychic lol

Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 21:59   #60
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
I'm going around asking for sponsors for the sponsored walk to Rochdale, and begging wherever possible for donations to the fund.
One question I'm being continually asked is "If I make a donation or sponsor you, and you don't make the £308,000 needed, what happens to the money?"
Does anybody know? I know it sounds very negative, but it's a question I feel needs answering.
I would just say Local Red, check out the Official Accrington Stanley Website over the next couple of days

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..