Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2009, 20:20   #946
Senior Member+

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I can only wish i shared the optimism but only the confirmation from hrmc will change that. But that would only lead to more ponder our future more.

Here's my well-worn Crystal Ball SM....You can have it if you like....It might help YOU to 'ponder our future', because I can't see anything to engender much optimism hidden within it's usually reliable predictive revelations !!....
I'd offer it to Mab but he's gifted with an unusual amount of Second-sight to begin with !..

IT'S TOMORROW YOU KNOW!!..HE SAID SO !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2009, 20:20   #947

so still to add is sundays game plus rochdale stuff . but remmber all we have 3 more games at home **** pot up the over tin pot cup and the fa cup them will = £
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 20:25   #948
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
I can only wish i shared the optimism but only the confirmation from hrmc will change that. But that would only lead to more ponder our future more.
I quite optimistic for the future dispite sounding a bit negative, the sooner we get this Supporters Trust going the better.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 20:40   #949
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I quite optimistic for the future dispite sounding a bit negative, the sooner we get this Supporters Trust going the better.
Right, Baggy, well, if you're optimistic, I'm optimistic!

Another cracking avatar, by the way.
Old 26-10-2009, 20:45   #950
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

Here's my well-worn Crystal Ball SM....You can have it if you like....It might help YOU to 'ponder our future', because I can't see anything to engender much optimism hidden within it's usually reliable predictive revelations !!....
I'd offer it to Mab but he's gifted with an unusual amount of Second-sight to begin with !..

IT'S TOMORROW YOU KNOW!!..HE SAID SO !!.
The Futures Bright the futures stanley!!!!! would'nt you agree yonmon ps how much do you want for your crystal ball
Old 26-10-2009, 20:53   #951
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Another cracking avatar, by the way.
A very nice young lady, a personal friend, very shy and retiring works in a library. Unfortunately the shirt she was wearing was a cheap Prostar shirt that split just as I took the picture, she was too upset to let me take another so I had to use this one, I'm gutted.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 20:56   #952
God Member

Thanks yonmon i shall keep looking into it and hope. Most worryingly baggy is confident ? ? Supporters trust will come a bit late to stop the winding up proceedings!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 21:20   #953
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
A very nice young lady, a personal friend, very shy and retiring works in a library. Unfortunately the shirt she was wearing was a cheap Prostar shirt that split just as I took the picture, she was too upset to let me take another so I had to use this one, I'm gutted.

It certainly adds a whole new aspect to 2 pints of Carlsberg
Old 26-10-2009, 21:25   #954
God Member

Back to thread its not a soba one lol!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 10:20   #955
Junior Member+

This is my first post so I hope I manage to conquer the technology!

As a low key lifelong Stanley fan and one of the organisers of the recent Pioneer 79 Swimming Club sportsmans dinner, it is concerning that an acknowledgement of the £1000 the club donated to the SOS fund does not appear anywhere on the fundraising site.

Although I'm always willing to give ASFC the benefit of the doubt, it is difficult sometimes to persuade others that the donation has been used for the purpose it was intended, ie to help pay the taxman.
pyjamarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 10:41   #956
Senior Member+

Quote:
Back to thread its not a soba one lol!
Because there are other more sober and serious events to consider today SM !

"Duck 'wearing' glasses rescued from canal at Clayton-le-Moors10:24am Tuesday 27th October 2009."

" A duck wearing a pair of plastic glasses was rescued from a canal in East Lancashire.

RSPCA inspectors were called to a stretch of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal close to Victoria Street in Clayton-le-Moors, after passers-by noticed the male mallard duck struggling ".......

And here's me worrying about SOS !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 10:53   #957
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyjamarama View Post

As a low key lifelong Stanley fan and one of the organisers of the recent Pioneer 79 Swimming Club sportsmans dinner, it is concerning that an acknowledgement of the £1000 the club donated to the SOS fund does not appear anywhere on the fundraising site.

Although I'm always willing to give ASFC the benefit of the doubt, it is difficult sometimes to persuade others that the donation has been used for the purpose it was intended, ie to help pay the taxman.
There is a sponsored swim - Intack - , is that anything to do with it??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 10:59   #958
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyjamarama View Post

Firstly, thank you for registering and welcome to the Stanley Section............I hope you enjoy the ongoing debates/arguments and indeed humour on display!

Secondly, please accept My thanks, and Im sure the thanks of all on here who hold our club so dear, in raising such a creditable amount for the SOS fund.

The Club, Im sorry to say are not the best at Google Page Ranking, infact they are probably the worst! Im sure that the donation you guys made will have been 'lumped in' with 'other donations'................Perhaps MrT could confirm?

Edit:-

Just seen Valarians post....................DOH!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 11:01   #959
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
There is a sponsored swim - Intack - , is that anything to do with it??

nah that was me, did that all on my ickle own
Old 27-10-2009, 11:04   #960
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
nah that was me, did that all on my ickle own
Sorry

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..