Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2005, 19:07   #1
God Member

Scarborough today

Got back about ten minutes ago.. Amazingly clear roads for a bank holiday.. a little traffic build up on a64 this morning but not too much..... Surprised to see that even though it was cold and drizzle so many people on the beach in cossies having a paddle.. deck chairs out it was like a sunny day in blackpool.

We started the game like we did at Cambridge and home to exeter.. this time it paid dividends big style and 1-0 so fast it took most of the ground by surprise... more attacking brought a penelty.. then we seemed to be on back foot.. 5 minutes extra time and they score right near half time whistle which was hard to take

second half we where defending nearly all the game until roberts and mangam came on then we had a little more spice in the attack... personally i would like to see roberts on from start....

all in all 2 points lost IMHO... We hit the cross bar litrally within a minute of the final whistle.. it would have been more fair had we got it..

oh well.. win at home and draw away and you will be there at the end of the season
Old 29-08-2005, 19:32   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Scarborough today

Agreed 100%.

It seems we are incapable of playing composed possession football to protect a lead. I made Craney our best player and only got excited when Mangan and Roberts were linking dangerously late on.
By the way, did you see that speed cop pull the Toyota driver in just after I overtook you on the dual carriageway? I was sh....ing myself thinking he was after me!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 19:38   #3
God Member

I didnt know who had took me.. heard the pomp pomp and just waved back

That toyota overtook on double white lines and when he did I swore and called him.. serves him right.. I saw him just as the bike pulled him over.
Old 29-08-2005, 21:15   #4
Senior Member+

When I saw the line-up today, with Williams and Roberts on the bench, Jagielka back in midfield, and Craney playing in a 5 man midfield, I thought Coley had been reading this forum and listening to my suggestions.

At 2-0 up I was all ready to claim responsibility for the good performance, but at 2-2 I began to question my own judgement. I then realised that Coley had tinkered with the line-up on 58 minutes and it'd all gone wrong from there, so it wasn't my fault afterall.
Old 29-08-2005, 21:17   #5
Senior Member+

how did the defender save craney's shot off the line?!?! that was amazing
Old 29-08-2005, 22:46   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14
how did the defender save craney's shot off the line?!?! that was amazing
Unbelievable , astonishing piece of athleticism. Even from the other end of the pitch I was impressed. I couldn't understand how such a save was possible without using his hands , but he did it.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..