Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 20:09   #1

Sean Murdoch

Can anyone explain why Murdoch aint in the team? I was impressed with him beginning of the season and then he got dropped for what seemed like no reason. After our recent gk problems I looked into his past and he was a Scotland U17 squad member and seemed to be fairly highly rated before his move here. Unless there is a attitude problem then I'm lost as to why he is not even making the squad these days.
Stanley1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2012, 21:39   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Sean Murdoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley1985 View Post
Can anyone explain why Murdoch aint in the team? I was impressed with him beginning of the season and then he got dropped for what seemed like no reason.
He was dropped after having just one shocker of a game at the Notts County cup tie. No worse, however than any of Bav's periodic horror shows, not to mention the new lad's misfortunes on Saturday. Very unfair.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 21:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
He was dropped after having just one shocker of a game at the Notts County cup tie. No worse, however than any of Bav's periodic horror shows, not to mention the new lad's misfortunes on Saturday. Very unfair.
Thanks, wondered if there was a known attitude problem or something similar, he always impressed me.
Old 05-03-2012, 21:58   #4

Could be for a number of reason tbh. Probably best if the club could release a statement on the Murdoch situation. I have always been a fan of Murdoch and was impressed with him at the start of the season. The reason for him leaving??..... Well we will never know. Clean sheet and a win tomorrow for me would be nice. Can't make the game with work commitments.
stanley2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:12   #5
Full Member+

He last played on the 10th of January against Oldham in the Lancashire Cup if i'm right? I rate him over Ian Dunbavin, but obviously the last and current managers don't.

Here he is after signing in the summer.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 15:29   #6

apparently attitude stinks
Old 06-03-2012, 16:41   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
As i have always stated on the Murdoch situation the club need to come out with a statement of this situation. Could you elaborate asfc62?? I heard he was home sick.
stanley2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 17:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley2011 View Post
As i have always stated on the Murdoch situation the club need to come out with a statement of this situation. Could you elaborate asfc62?? I heard he was home sick.
Agree, if the best goalkeeper can't make the squad then clarification is needed,
Old 07-03-2012, 17:43   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post

There's more to it than that Ash.

I agree it was abit of joke that Bav's played as long as he did before finally being dropped.

Nicholls had a great game yesterday.

Somehow cant see Sean playing again for Stanley, which is a shame really.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 18:39   #10
God Member

In my opinion, Murdoch was massively overrated by some fans earlier on in the season and was no better than Ian Dunbavin when he did play. One would assume that a healthy competition for a starting place existed and when Dunbavin was rested, Murdoch would take his place in the side. I don't know what's gone on to prevent this happening - whether it's injury or something else - but I trust Cook's decision to bring in Nicholls; he seems a good find.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 22:30   #11
Senior Member+

just got back from hols in jamaica with no tinternet so what has happened with goalkeeping position?
Old 07-03-2012, 23:09   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We got what may be a decent young keeper on loan nige.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:02   #13
Senior Member+

Seems crazy to have 3 keepers at the club, Especially the size of Stanley, If he isnt going to play him, Could we not loan him out?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..