Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2023, 08:46   #31
God Member

Re: Season Tickets

Just wondering after yesterday's announcement by Morecambe that they have sold over 2000 season ticket,s how our sales are going.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2023, 09:28   #32
God Member

Not as good as that I would think...........

We will struggle to hit 800, though we may hear a larger number............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2023, 10:36   #33
God Member

Not surprisingly, just tipped the 1000 mark - on Twitter

Old 04-08-2023, 13:19   #34
God Member

Just noticed the pictures on Twitter and the cards are dated - 2023/24 - which makes me think that they will have to be replaced again next season...... not what we were told years ago......... !

Old 04-08-2023, 13:41   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Just noticed the pictures on Twitter and the cards are dated - 2023/24 - which makes me think that they will have to be replaced again next season...... not what we were told years ago......... !
Yes, I recall reading that the new plastic cards were going to be ‘rechargeable’ each season.
Maybe they can’t be without causing too many problems?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 14:28   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Yes, I recall reading that the new plastic cards were going to be ‘rechargeable’ each season.
maybe it would be nice if it was explained?
Old 04-08-2023, 14:48   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
My take is that new cards, equals 'launch event', equals ££££££££

The Club is about making money these days and I do not think I am the only person who thinks it??

Old 08-08-2023, 10:39   #38
God Member

Talking of tickets this may be a question which Mark Turner can address I have a season ticket but this season on the ticket page you can only purchase online standing tickets, one of my son's who lives in Kirkham was going to surprise me Saturday and sit with me for the game unfortunately was unable to purchase. Not being critical or negative the only thing that seems to be pushed as a priority is " come in Coleys and spend " nowt wrong with that if it's what you want, but I presume any success on sales that increases revenue I hope a small part goes towards the players budget because at the end of the day that's what most of us care about and why we turn up.
Tommy McQueen likes this.

Last edited by andyd; 08-08-2023 at 10:47.
Old 08-08-2023, 15:20   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
My take is that new cards, equals 'launch event', equals ££££££££

The Club is about making money these days and I do not think I am the only person who thinks it??

Hi Val, I know where you are coming from but please consider 3 things.
1. We've just had a big drop in income following relegation.
2. The club is a business, like it or not, and if you stand still as a business you are not staying steady you are going backwards. The club must always try to increase its Income.
3. Sustainability means making a profit. Income must exceed expenditure year on year. Sustainability does not mean breaking even each year.
AccyMad likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 15:50   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
2. The club is a business, like it or not, and if you stand still as a business you are not staying steady you are going backwards. The club must always try to increase its Income.
3. Sustainability means making a profit. Income must exceed expenditure year on year. Sustainability does not mean breaking even each year.
Very true and agree with every word but that doesn't excuse no explanation about being unable to buy seat tickets online and " cutting costs leaving out for the first time in my memory a little thank you for purchasing your season ticket " just stinks a bit of money above everything else including basic manner,s rant over I,m just interested in the team on the pitch .
Old 08-08-2023, 16:05   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Not disputing any of your points C.G., but there has to be a balance to everything

If we look around the world today, most scales have tipped too far and have 'over corrected'

Like Andy says, the team is most important

And beating Bradford tonight

andyd likes this.

Old 08-08-2023, 16:08   #42
Full Member+

Andy, going forward if your lad now knows the seat number next to you, he could next time ring the ticket office and book and pay for a ticket by phone then collect from the ticket office on the day of the game.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 16:30   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Andy, going forward if your lad now knows the seat number next to you, he could next time ring the ticket office and book and pay for a ticket by phone then collect from the ticket office on the day of the game.
Could do but that doesn't answer why no seat sales online like last season with no notice or explanation by the club it's gone now let them do it their way.
Old 08-08-2023, 17:19   #44

Agree with you both Andyd/Val..........setting off to tonight's game in 10 minutes.

COME ON YOU REDS!
andyd likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 22:49   #45

They went online on Friday once Season tickets had temporarily stopped. You can't sell Season Tickets when people are able to buy your seat. We do it every season.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..