Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2008, 12:19   #1

Should williams finally be binned??

After another defeat the Manager as blamed Rocky in the Telegraph for his mistakes! Why on earth is he selected and a striker not brought on until the 78th minute?
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2008, 12:51   #2

Re: Should williams finally be binned??

If those of you who attend games more often than I are to believed (and I am sure that you are), yes he should.

However, fitness permitting, I will expect to see him in the next first XI alongside Doughty or whichever scouser we bring in on loan (any suggestions who that might be?)

According to JC, Rocky needs a leader beside him. I'm not convinced by that argument (the guy is 28 for crying out loud, if he doesn't know his job now, I can't see that he ever will), but nevertheless, I'm not sure if signing kids on loan is really going to help there, to be honest.

I was hoping that Rommy might try and convince some of his international team-mates to follow him back to Accrington, but if other threads are to be believed, it seems more likely that he'd be asking for directions away. Seeing as JC doesn't seem to be able to get on with experienced old hands and that presumably the budget is tight, I can't see us ever getting the leader he obviously craves. If Rocky needs to play alongside that kind of player, perhaps he'd be best served by moving on?

Can we club together for a DIY DNA kit and get to the bottom of his continuing presence in the team once and for all?
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 14:16   #3

I wouldn't bin him. After all if you put him in the wrong type of container you could be in trouble. Would he go in the paper bag, the glass box or the tin box?
Old 30-01-2008, 15:47   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I wouldn't bin him. After all if you put him in the wrong type of container you could be in trouble. Would he go in the paper bag, the glass box or the tin box?
None, there for things that you can recycle

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 19:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
None, there for things that you can recycle
in the dog bin thats were it goes
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 20:01   #6
Senior Member+

Rocky is our longest serving player & has been an integral part in our rise from non league obscurity.... The way people go on you'd think he was the lottery rapist

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 20:06   #7
Senior Member+

He perhaps needs a sabbatical from the first team to try and re find last season's form.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 21:16   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Rocky is our longest serving player & has been an integral part in our rise from non league obscurity.... The way people go on you'd think he was the lottery rapist
Dont mean to be rude, but what is this thing of keeping things as they were ie conference to 1st season in the league the so last year bit

Is it such a wrong thing to want the best out of our players ??? Come on mate, surely you must be frustrated by his performance of late & i know when non of the team shown up ie not played despite being on the pitch at home, the ultras are even quiet, no dig the ultras are essential for crowd boosting even if u must dig at this forum

Would of thought u guys would want to get the very best out of our side - give u something to raise the roof about, come on face it home record isnt that great as it could be & yes unfortunately Rocky has lost the plot big time lately needing his hand holding in our defence - mind u played better without him last night, even surprisingly got the best out of branchy too

Just i dont get it with your replies of late of make do, dont complain, happy as we are attitude, or did someone forget to give me the red tinted specs cos we could of been mid table [potential wise] but now hovering at 17th as of tonight.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 22:43   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Too true, the venom is rather out of proportion. Rocky may not be having the best of times, but can't see he's any worse than any of the others, and they all need supporting. If Branchy has decided to get his finger out, I'll even get behind him.

The internecine bickering on this forum is reaching a record level as well, plus the solidly glum contingent.
FFS, it's only a game of footy.

Rocky for captain, could be the making of him.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 22:55   #10
Senior Member+

Branch was ****e on Tuesday & you can slag him all you like, same with Whalley or Miles or any other new bloke. Folk who didn't go have been the first with opinions of how players performed which is crazy....Anyhow,

Remember Coley, Rocky, Cav, Craney et al all made history with ASFC. We drank with them after 3 promotions & everyone mobbed them when we got back in the Football League. Now, as we are sat in the best position we've ever been, so called Accy fans use the forum for cheap digs like "Fat Scouse Coley" etc like these people have done nothing for the club! (& cannot log on & read what there OWN fans think)

To be honest, makes me sick! It serves no purpose & gains you what? Special recognition amongst the rest of the moaners?

Lowieys sig used to have the term "What have you done for Stanley this week?" Well, many can at least say they moaned on a public forum........... I'll save my moaning for the terrace / pub / away seating area(Sat Down).

Accrington Stanley have no divine right to win games; fact! John Coleman cares as much if not more as you & me, same with Eric. Same with Rob Heys & Lee Carter in the shop. Our uniqueness used to be embraced by fans but now its ridiculed by our own fans! Thats bonkers!

There are lots & lots we can improve but we have come so far in such a short space of time its frightening. Please please please as fans can we make the club at least appear to be a place you'd like go to on a Saturday.

On Stanley On!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 00:03   #11
God Member

fact: Coley, Bell, Cav, Proctor, Mullin, Williams and ERIC WHALLEY brought us out of the Unibond.

fact: they have all been given fair crack at the whip at retaining their place.

fact: Eric owns the club so his position is never in question - it is his money and management that has got us this far so IF it take sus back then WHATEVER!

fact: Coley does damn well on the resources he has. IF another new manager was to do half as well as he has done then he would be lauded.

fact: one or two players aren't presently good enough. If they have been with us since the good ol'days then they should be thanked VERY MUCH for their services.

We don't owe anybody just because they have been with us since day dot or whatever. They should in fact thank the club for what we have done for their careers. I may knock the club from time to time (or more often than not) but I feel I do it with the fairest of intentions for the club rather than just having a whinge. BUT, maybe it's time for Rocky to take a back seat eh? He is playing badly by everybody's standards and it ain't doing him any good keep coming into the firing line.

Rose tinted ain't always the best Willie Miller!!

There are problems at every level of our beloved club and you are right that only by coming together can we overcome those problems, but we have to also see what is right under our noses.
Old 31-01-2008, 00:42   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Branch was ****e on Tuesday & you can slag him all you like, same with Whalley or Miles or any other new bloke. Folk who didn't go have been the first with opinions of how players performed which is crazy....Anyhow,

Remember Coley, Rocky, Cav, Craney et al all made history with ASFC. We drank with them after 3 promotions & everyone mobbed them when we got back in the Football League. Now, as we are sat in the best position we've ever been, so called Accy fans use the forum for cheap digs like "Fat Scouse Coley" etc like these people have done nothing for the club! (& cannot log on & read what there OWN fans think)

To be honest, makes me sick! It serves no purpose & gains you what? Special recognition amongst the rest of the moaners?

Lowieys sig used to have the term "What have you done for Stanley this week?" Well, many can at least say they moaned on a public forum........... I'll save my moaning for the terrace / pub / away seating area(Sat Down).

Accrington Stanley have no divine right to win games; fact! John Coleman cares as much if not more as you & me, same with Eric. Same with Rob Heys & Lee Carter in the shop. Our uniqueness used to be embraced by fans but now its ridiculed by our own fans! Thats bonkers!

There are lots & lots we can improve but we have come so far in such a short space of time its frightening. Please please please as fans can we make the club at least appear to be a place you'd like go to on a Saturday.

On Stanley On!
take off them tinted spectacles man !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 06:17   #13
God Member

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Knock Knock

Who's there?

All the knocking can become a little tedious from both sides of the door

Much better to keep the door open and the dialouge flowing constructively

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 31-01-2008 at 06:19.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 11:31   #14

As someone who attended games more regularly in the non-league days (before moving South and having other committments on match days), I am fully appreciative of the efforts of the longer-serving guys in getting us as far as we are.

My posting was not with the intention of slagging for slagging's sake.

My point is that if even the manager says that Rocky needs a leader beside him, and we seem incapable of signing anyone suitable, perhaps it would be better for Rocky if he move on to somewhere where he can play alongside such a player. Remembering his performances of old, he cannot have become a bad player overnight. A move would probably do him good and he can thrive as the kind of player we know he ought to be. I for one would be proud to see a great servant of the club prolong his league career, even if that must be elsewhere.
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 13:35   #15

Quote:
Yes! And the way you go on people would think that Coleman is your twin(ALMF)

Last edited by Darwenred1968; 31-01-2008 at 13:38.
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..