Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2011, 16:24   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Shrewsbury Thread

I'll take the point - though the stats suggest we were all over them ....
Old 25-04-2011, 16:34   #107
God Member

Hard work following by text and bbc updates on a very slow mobile (the joys of working Bank Holidays)

But a big point that pushes us that further to securing a play-off spot

It keeps the eleven game unbeaten run going and our destiny in our own hands.

Todays results also mean Barnet will come looking for a result on Saturday which should make it a good open game which hopefully will favour the Redmen.

Well Done Stanley Boys and the travelling support safe journey back.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 16:37   #108
Dan
Senior Member+

Report - ASFC News Story > 4048

Coley - ASFC News Story > 4049

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 16:47   #109
Senior Member+

Well done Stanley. I see Torquay playing Friday night, which makes even more interesting. Big game Saturday.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 16:54   #110
God Member

wonder if there will be an early turnstile open on Saturday. Might get a few in who want to watch football on the big screen at 12.45 then watch Stanley
Old 25-04-2011, 17:10   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
wonder if there will be an early turnstile open on Saturday. Might get a few in who want to watch football on the big screen at 12.45 then watch Stanley
Possibly the Crown or the Lounge may show it as I don't think there are any Premiership early kick offs?

SFFS
Old 25-04-2011, 17:11   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Well done Stanley. I see Torquay playing Friday night, which makes even more interesting. Big game Saturday.
v Chesterfield no less

SFFS
Old 25-04-2011, 17:13   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Possibly the Crown or the Lounge may show it as I don't think there are any Premiership early kick offs?

I was feeding the commercial department with an idea, if they put it on in the lounge you will need a match ticket
Old 25-04-2011, 17:15   #114

Can't believe it! Stanley could secure play-offs on Saturday and I'm in blackpool starting an event at 4.30.
I cannot see us throwing it away now 2 wins to keep the confidence going please
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 18:46   #115
Senior Member+

Just back from game and it was real game of contrasting halves.
The first half they couldnt cope with Accis high tempo,and really should have scored at least two.
They changed there system in the second half(not letting Joyce control the game) and slowly the combination of the weather and fatigue slowed accis tempo down,and they got a foot hold in the game(without really creating anything).
The disappointing aspect of the game was the subs(which were made at the right time),who just couldnt get in the game and kept turning possession over cheaply
Positives from game - first half performance and defended well,particularly Jacobson who i thought was excellent and the work rate of joyce and proctor.
Negatives- the flair and game breaking players never turned up,no names but they got subbed !!!
Is it me or is Jimmy going thro a sticky patch?,He is key to the team,so you cant rest him,thats my only worry
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 19:08   #116
Senior Member+

Well before the game, I said id settle for a point, and thats exactly what we got.

Probably the best away atmosphere this season for me, helped with the large noise from the faithful stanley fans.

Superb weather also helped, but was great to see the pub so packed with the Stanley faithful.

As for the game, a pretty dull affair, not surprising with the temperatures.

Thought Hessey, Edwards, Jacobsen and the rest of the back 4 along with Cisak where superb all match. Was very confident they would not score.

Great to see Coley utilising ALL 3 subs again...... No Razor on the bench though ?? What has he done wrong??? Aparently he was the reserves stand out player this week.

Only negative aspect for me was Craney who I thought was VERY poor today, he was second to every ball and just looked uninterested. A few flicks here and there is NOT enough for me at this level.

All in all a decent day out, roll on the visit of Barnet on Saturday, which looks a very difficult game with their form !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 19:10   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Great to see Coley utilising ALL 3 subs again...... No Razor on the bench though ?? What has he done wrong??? Aparently he was the reserves stand out player this week.

He injured his ankle playing for the reserves
Old 25-04-2011, 19:11   #118

A few players looked uninterested today and I would start with Charlie on Saturday. Barnet are really gonna be up for it and I dont feel it will the type of game Sean can show his flair. Theres some big strong lads in Barnets starting 11,
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 19:12   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
He injured his ankle playing for the reserves

That would be why then !!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 19:45   #120
Junior Member+

A frustrating result for us, but certainly a fair result on the day.

Stanley were the better side in the first half, dominating possession but the fine double save from Smith apart he wasn't really troubled with Stanley being restricted to mainly long range efforts which he very comfortably saved.

Second half Town started to boss the game and Stanley were wobbling at times but we couldn't put away one of the few decent chances which came our way. The best of which was in stoppage time when a simple square ball from Bradshaw would have given Harrold the most simple of tap ins from a few yards out.

I thought Town struggled with Stanley's formation in the first half and our side also looked very nervous and anxious, possibly not surprising given the age and experience levels of many of them. Graham Turner's half time tactical changes helped overcome the Stanley formation issues in the second half.

Not a disaster for us with Wycombe at Bury next Saturday. I think today's result has probably ended Stanley's automatic hopes but I don't think anyone will want to face you in the playoffs.

Credit to the visiting fans today who were noisy as always and also very colourful on this occasion.
MattSTFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..