Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2009, 12:35   #46
Junior Member+

Re: Shrewsbury Town match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
Scout, are you trying to cause a bit of discontentment amongst the fans.
This will be our fourth season in the league, playing players out of position, mainly to accommodate favourites, poor use of substitutes and lack of tactics ( coley thinks they are mint favoured and come in little plastic dispensers) has been normal practice since the non league days, but like I said this will be our fourth season in the league.

You made your initial post, implying you were an official observer, in doing so, you implied that you may know more about this than others, so demanding respect. If you are an official observer then you should be impartial. If of course, you are just an observer in the literal sense, so were the 1400 others at that game on Saturday. You say you saw the Northampton game last week too, that's two games out of seven this season. We have played 7 games so far, 5 league and 2 league cup games. Stanley played excellently in 4 of those games, won 2 and narrowly lost 2.

We have the potential in our squad to be top half of the table, I have no reason to doubt that will happen at the moment. This season was always going to be hard, with all the things that are going on in the background, we as fans have accepted that. We all expect us to still be a league team next season, by then, the problems in the background will be sorted out, then we can move on.

Clubs cannot get rid of managers, after 3 bad games, this early into the season. This is no time to panic. So Scout, please stop trying to cause discontent, and be positive.
My posts were not intended to cause discontent among the fans of accrington stanley they are purely my obverservations alone,i visit many grounds during the course of a season and you would be surprised how many fans of different clubs voice their opinions during lean spells as well as good ones.I visit grounds throughout England,scotland and Wales and often listen to what fans have to say about their respective teams,your team was not chosen for critisism,my opinions are posted as i see it.It in no way critisises the marvellous fans of accrington who seem to have had to put up with quite a lot of stressful times over the last three seasons,it merely states the obvious that your manager needs to look at what he is doing wrong and rectify it sooner than later.Mr Coleman is not the only manager who must be feeling the pressure so early in the season e.g.John barnes at Tranmere to name but one,it is good to see that your fans have the faith so to speak and i really hope you turn it round soon.From what i heard at the game some of your fans are already becoming discontented,hopefully a couple of good wins will alay their fears,i sincerely hope so.
scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2009, 14:52   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
Clubs cannot get rid of managers, after 3 bad games, this early into the season. This is no time to panic. So Scout, please stop trying to cause discontent, and be positive.
Yes they can, Bryn Gunn at Norwich and the ex manager of Barnsley to name 2, so Coley has no divine right to think he is safe as has no other football league manager.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 14:59   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Yes they can, Bryn Gunn at Norwich and the ex manager of Barnsley to name 2, so Coley has no divine right to think he is safe as has no other football league manager.
Any suggestions for an AFFORDABLE replacement OO ??...( Not that I want JC to go you understand!).

'ON STANLEY !...ON!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 15:07   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't see Scouts comments as trying to cause discontent Redash, personally i see them as summat that needed saying, better to have construtive critism, i have heard quite a few folk voice the same concerns, as i'm sure you have yerself, fer me better to have em out in the open than bitching behind coleys back, everyone knows he is stanley through n through, n i would hope he reflects on peoples opinions, least i hope.
Old 31-08-2009, 15:25   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I travel around the country to many grounds in what context i won't say
I think your username rather gives it away matey
Old 31-08-2009, 15:50   #51
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't see Scouts comments as trying to cause discontent Redash, personally i see them as summat that needed saying, better to have construtive critism, i have heard quite a few folk voice the same concerns, as i'm sure you have yerself, fer me better to have em out in the open than bitching behind coleys back, everyone knows he is stanley through n through, n i would hope he reflects on peoples opinions, least i hope.
Thankyou Cashman,it truly never was a post to cause discontent,it was purely observation and just that,you can't please all of the people all of the time.As another member of your forum said,no manager has the divine right to assume his job is safe,he mentioned Bryn Gunn who is a personal friend of mine as are a few league managers,Bryn was gobsmacked to lose his job so soon and it came out of the blue.All fans want their team to do well and managers live or die by their decisions and mr coleman has been at the helm for quite a while,if the results don't improve then the grim reaper rides in swiftly with a P45 as others managers can testify.Hopefully he will listen to the fans comments and take some of the critisism on board.
scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 18:57   #52
Senior Member+

The day Coleman leaves, the closer we'll be to the Unibond League. OK, so sometimes he gets things wrong or doesn't do the things we expect, but I honestly don't know of anyone else who could do what he does on next-to-nothing.

I'm certainly not a Coleman fanboy, but I know what makes sense.
Old 31-08-2009, 19:24   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The day Coleman leaves, the closer we'll be to the Unibond League. OK, so sometimes he gets things wrong or doesn't do the things we expect, but I honestly don't know of anyone else who could do what he does on next-to-nothing.

I'm certainly not a Coleman fanboy, but I know what makes sense.
there certainly would not be a very large queue of "League Managers" after his job IMHO. totally agree T.M.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:50   #54
Senior Member+

After watchin the game, i cant recall any sustained periods of pressure that shrewsbury had! .Indeed at 2-1 it was all acci.
The only area that needs attention is not to conceed early as acci s style of football will ensure chances.
Regarding the penalty,only "old gobbin" seem to have picked up on the fact the cf elbowed winnard in the face prior to the wrestling match beginning (resulted in stitches to the chin !) Great pic of this in gallery.
The ref missed it fair enough,but the second goal (proctor lost his man) symes shirt was clearly being pulled to blocked him!
The word consistancy springs to mind !
The third goal was all down to the cf s first touch although Kempson should have dealt with it.
In summary ,considering a lot of new / younger players have been blooded,with experience,the results will come ( as long as they dont play 3-5-2 ! )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..