Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 18:47   #1
Senior Member+

Simon Carden....???

Just wondering,our second highest scorrer so for this season is Simon Carden with 9 goals from midfield.Is this the same lad who used to play for Stanley?If so when did he leave?He joined us in early September,can any one help? Thanx
Old 05-12-2005, 18:59   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Simon Carden....???

I believe it is mate. As I recall he left Stanley at the end of the 2002/3 season having failed to maintain a regular starting place. In my view though he was a class act and would have been first choice at any other club - Stanley of course won the league by some margin that year. I also notice that former red Darren Lyons is your player coach.
Old 05-12-2005, 19:13   #3
Senior Member+

Yes he is,didnt realise he was ex-Stanley you never know maybe more mate this is the squad,:- Barry George,Phil Melville,Mark Rawlinson,Gareth Ormes,Steven Spencer,Dave Chadwick(Capt),Robert Nugent,Kevin Elvin,Tony Coyne,Josh Howard,Joz Mitten,Steve Torpey,Rory Patterson,Adie Orr,William Ahern,Scott Holt,Billy McCartney,Darren Lyons,Phil Power,Simon Carden,Paul Mitten,Tony Cullen & David Brown.They seem to play well together,not bad for only 6 months of being formed.
Old 05-12-2005, 19:48   #4
God Member

david brown played for us til recently, is this another that has fallen out with Coley?

ha-ha
Old 05-12-2005, 19:58   #5
Senior Member+

Maybe hes only just joined in the last few weeks.
Old 06-12-2005, 00:10   #6
I am Banned

There are several David Browns in the football pyramid, but only one Simon Carden (cue for a song ?).
Simon Carden and Russ Payne were two very fine attacking forwards who found (or, rather, were advised) that their particular talents were not suited to the Stanley of the new millennium. Ynorically , I see a great similarity between their styles and that of our current star, Gary Roberts. Rather than fall over and exude a histrionic form of agony (a la Rory), they'd try to skip the initial tackle and put themselves into a much better position to score a goal.
I'd be very sad if our own David Brown was to depart so soon. He is one of the most astonishing forwards I've ever seen. He possesses a unique "out of body" capability whereby he apparently visualises himself above the game, hovers while it takes shape, then swoops to perform the coup de grace . A thoroughly focussed young man, is Mr. Brown.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:02   #7
Senior Member+

I also think Browny is a class act and is only being kept out of the starting XI by another class act The King Of Benin
Old 06-12-2005, 09:16   #8
God Member

Good to know Simon's still playing and doing Ok - maybe I'll come & watch next time you play at our place
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:03   #9
God Member

il always remember Simon's super sub appearance against Burscough in the cup - after a 15 minute hat-trick the loon sprinted over and practically assaulted Jimmy Bell!!
happy happy times
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:42   #10
God Member

Simon Carden FIVE GOALS yesterday in a 10-2 win

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..