Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2008, 12:32   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: Six Players to Leave

I think Richardson is on contract till the end of the season and Boco on contract till the end of next season. If that is correct then they cannot be released, but can be made available for transfer.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2008, 13:01   #17
Senior Member+

Any player can be released 'by mutual consent' no matter what the length of contract, as long as the club and player agree on compensation to be paid to the player, as it is usually the club that want rid not the player.

My money is on Miles, Branch, Boco, Richardson, McEvilly and Carden. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Phil Edwards go either, he's never been given a fair chance.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 13:10   #18
Member.

I love the club and like everyone else I want it to prosper and carry on up the table and achieve a play off position, not an impossible dream providing fingers are pulled out of arses and the team improves dramatically over the next few weeks. I understand that we have to change players to achieve this, but why do we have to have half hearted and often speculative press release hitting the Telegraph or Observer….

This is a peoples club, we have a web site and the means to produce a news letter, please give us real information Eric, delivered directly to the people no matter our hard it might be to swallow, at the end of the day we’re on board and with you all the way, but don’t ask us for any more money……

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 13:31   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
i know what you mean with leam he has been our best defender in the football league and should be 1st on teamsheet but no! currently not even on bench, no mention of injury from club so why???
it was in the paper (Observer I think) this morning that he was ill on tuesday.
Old 18-01-2008, 15:09   #20
Senior Member+

I for one would be sad in a way if John 'let someone else do all the work' Miles left.

We have seen flashes of his true ability, he has good vision with his passing and takes a decent set piece.

But just like Evil - his application is shocking.

Real potential that will never make it. shame.

Mcgivern is the opposite, lots of effort but lets be honest, he just hasnt been able to cut it consistently. The guy could do a good job in the conference.
A local team like Vics or Alty would love him.

I cant see to many people missing branch, carden or mcevilly.

I havent seen enough of david brown this season to judge him.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 16:52   #21
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
it was in the paper (Observer I think) this morning that he was ill on tuesday.
Was he ill last Saturday as well or just sick of Coley dropping him again after good form?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 17:14   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
as there's no doubt he has the pace and ability to change games against tiring back lines.

Are you sure you're watching the same Whalley? Pace is about the only asset he has, he has no left foot (don't forget the 'football genius' plays him as a left-winger), no ball control, a poor first touch and is far to easily dispossessed by opposition defenders. As I've said before, if this lad ever makes the grade as a professional footballer I'll plait sawdust. I'm with fc:stanley on this, get shut. Along with Branch, McEvilly, Dunbavin, McGivern and Carden.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 20:18   #23
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
get shut. McGivern
I can't get my head round the people on this message board including McGiven in the 6 to go, he is a goalscorer who for some strange reason Coleman refuses to give a chance to.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 22:28   #24
Full Member+

which is why he may go! edwards and leam, for example, have proved themselves better defenfers than rocky, yet favoritism reigns supreme.

if coley doesnt like someone they will find themselves out on their ear. but if he likes them (miles, evil, rocky) they get a game against the wishes and belief of many fans.

i dont think anyone wants leighton to go, but he's not top of coleys plans and you couldnt blame the lad for wanting to go.
Old 19-01-2008, 09:18   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I can't get my head round the people on this message board including McGiven in the 6 to go, he is a goalscorer
Allegedly. In a total of 36 league appearances for Accrington and Rochdale he has scored precisely 3 goals. A strike rate of 0.07 goals per game.

Old 19-01-2008, 09:45   #26
God Member

is that including his 5 minute substitute cameos?
Old 19-01-2008, 09:50   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
is that including his 5 minute substitute cameos?
To be honest I think it is, though the stats don't actually say exactly how long he was on the pitch. You've heard the old adage, 'There are lies, damned lies and statistics.'
That should be League and FA Cup appearances. (33 League 3 FA Cup) to make the toal of 36.

Last edited by yerself; 19-01-2008 at 09:59.
Old 19-01-2008, 10:05   #28
God Member

This was posted in 'General Chat' earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackPFarsley
Supposedly we (farsley) are signing a defender and a striker from Acctington.
Any ideas on whom?
Cheers in advance

Old 19-01-2008, 11:14   #29

It's about time that Brench branched out !
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 12:21   #30
Senior Member+

Says striker and centre half here:

Farsley Celtic boss lines up six new signings - Farsleytoday

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..