Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2011, 16:24   #1
Senior Member+

Slighty late Crewe match thread............

Stanley unchanged.............
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2011, 16:27   #2
God Member

Re: Slighty late Crewe match thread............

from what??
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 16:28   #3
Senior Member+

I meant the starting XI!!!
Old 17-09-2011, 16:40   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Very strange match. Crewe were certainly no better n Stanley, no urgency in our second half performance imho, Joyce was very poor today, n the man of the match announcement managed to bring a smile to me face, if Procter was MoM, Hitler was a pacifist, who ever selected him thanks fer the laugh, yeh musta been rat arsed in the lounge.
Old 17-09-2011, 16:54   #5
God Member

I think Crewe defended really well today, all 11 players, they closed us down every time we had the ball and gave us absolutely no space. Maybe this is why we looked and played like a bunch of amateurs. We created enough chances in the first half to win this, and the next 3 games, but bad judgement and bad luck thwarted us.

Luke Joyce had a nightmare of a game today, maybe it was because of the tactics, or just one of them days, non of our other players did themselves justice either.

Two of our players set up the moves that led to the 2 goals, and that was the only attacking football Crewe played. We played most of the second half with only two defenders for gods sake, Long and Hessey did very well when Crewe could be bothered to trouble them. Winnard and McIntyre played as out and out wingers in the second half, and still there were no shots on target from the front 5. I don't know how Andy Procter managed to get Man of the Match, perhaps his parents were the sponsors.

Apart from setting up the goal, Murphy had a good first half and had a good shot palmed onto the post by their keeper.

Never mind, I'm still looking forward to Oxford next week.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 17:35   #6
Senior Member+

Well in my opinion the words "clinical" & "finishing" summed up the game, especially the 1st half.

They had 3 chances from (2 mistakes by Murphy and Mcintyre) and scored both. We had 3 chances in the 1st half and missed all 3, and that in essence was the story of the game.

Crewe looked a decent outfit but we didnt help ourselves 1 little bit.

7 days to put it right......... again.
Old 17-09-2011, 17:51   #7
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Thought the pitch stood up well considering all the rain we've had and are still having
Old 17-09-2011, 17:59   #8
Senior Member+

The problem Acci have at the moment is a lack of goals.
Nine league games and seven goals scored tells its own story.
There seems to be a lack of pace going forward,therefore we are have to pass our way through teams,and its proving difficult.
Crewe today were average(didnt even have a corner),but going forward stretched us with there pace(byron moore played well).
Who on Acci is going to trouble them with pace?,no-one,and in the second half were comfortable.
I think hes got potential,but Murphy an attacking midfielder,when we have forwards on the bench was very strange.
Just cant see were the goals are going to come from,even fletcher managed to fire four shots out of the ground!!!
Proccy m o m ?, hes just not performing imho,and would seriously think of giving him a rest.
Joycy was hit and miss,and the harder he tried the worse it got.
Long was again my m o m,which is getting boring at the moment.
Hopefully we will have a good week and be ready for oxford.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 18:11   #9
God Member

Can't really disagree with any of the points posted above

A really lacklustre second half which I found myself become more disinterested in as it went on.

Crewe were solid and were fast on the break but they took their chances well, I was hoping we would change to a 4-4-2 just to have a run at them and try to force crosses and genuine width something to inspire but sadly it didn't happen

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 17-09-2011 at 18:13.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 18:25   #10
Senior Member+

Just read Dany Robsons twitter feed and she was saying Coley kept the lads in the changing room for 90 mins after the game. If they didn't know what he wanted from them before I hope they do now because that cant have been nice and I cant see any of them wanting to do it again in a hurry!! New cups all round I expect (maybe plastic ones this time!)
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 18:52   #11
God Member

Started brightly and outplayed Crewe. Gifted two chances to two clinical strikers. Heads went down, team gave up, Alex sat behind the ball for the rest of the game. Kevin Long MotM. Crewe won't have an easier game all season.

Today there seemed to be a severe lack of confidence after the goals went in. I'm not surprised Coley kept the lads in for 90 mins after the game. If there's one thing he does not want his teams to do, it's give up.

Where's the belief? Are we still suffering a play-offs hangover? Still mourning the loss of key players? Whatever it is our lads need to strap on a set and get on with it.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 18:55   #12
God Member

One more point, has this good footballing ethos made us too nice? In the conference winning season we were direct and hard when we needed to be. We're really lacking that clinical edge.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 19:32   #13
Senior Member+

can't comment too much listened to the game on the radio and there didn't appear too much between the sides apart from us lacking the cutting edge and the ability to score goals. As Shaker said we don't have that killer mentality that we maybe had in the conference or again maybe last year, is that an attitudinal thing that can be knocked out of players or an ingrown problem? I personally don't know, but what i do know is that we need to be scoring goals (which ultimately is what we pay to see) or be thankful that Plymouth and Hereford are so abysmal!
Old 17-09-2011, 19:56   #14
Full Member+

Very, very disappointing performance. As others have said, no pace, no width. I think we've become a little too predictable with playing the same formation week in week out and sides have latched on to this.

I also think that we don't seem to have a plan b when we hit a brick wall and are struggling to break sides down. The ball spent way too much time in the centre of the park, played around in front of the Crewe defence, which suited them just fine. I can't remember too many occasions where we got in behind their fullbacks and got into positions where we could cross the ball.

We were never first to the majority of the second ball situations, with it nearly always being a Crewe player winning the second ball, we gave away possesion way too cheaply on many occasions, with two of them resulting in Crewe scoring.

If Coley has had them locked away for 90 minutes after the game today, for my money they deserved it. If we'd played while midnight we probably wouldnt have scored.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 19:58   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Perhaps the lack of goals today at least,is down to the fact Joyce @ Procter were abysmal? real chances are usually created.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..