Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2004, 18:54   #1
Senior Member+

Smithy and flickers loaned to barrow.

ahhhhhhhhh!

what were they thinking?
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2004, 19:10   #2

Re: Smithy and flickers loaned to barrow.

could they choose a worse team? :P

However its only a month, so its not too bad ^^.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 19:11   #3
Senior Member+

Unhappy about this decision.....thought we needed both of these players for at least the bench.....really rate Flickers and Smithy is a good defender too!........
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 19:19   #4

Smithy can go but i think flickers is good to have on bench
:engsmil: 4-4-2 is the future :engsmil:
Stanleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 19:22   #5

Question Re: Smithy and flickers loaned to barrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
Unhappy about this decision.....thought we needed both of these players for at least the bench.....really rate Flickers and Smithy is a good defender too!........
A month loan deal? Hmmm. Not a long term solution to our central defensive crisis but he'll for now. If I remember rightly he's a big lanky centre half with little or no pace who is all elbows.
As for Flitcroft, can anyone tell me more about him?

Couldn't we have had McEvelly, Mullin or James instead!
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 19:28   #6
God Member

Smith is big.. comes up for corners a lot..

Scored a cracking goal the other week.. best I ever saw him score.,.. he got above everyone and powered an unstoppable header into...... welll he wasnt pleased with the goal lets put it that way

I like Smith and rate him higher than Flickers to be honest... If he gets a home goal or two for Barrow then all is not lost
Old 05-08-2004, 19:32   #7
God Member

IRONY IS : Barrow fans complaining about being banned from the accy forums.. going around the whole internet shouting about being banned and free speech.... Now look at the barrow forum... they darn't say a thing for fear of closing down.. in fact the last I looked the barrow forum closed when the owner went to bed and only opened when he got up....

These are the same barrow fans shouting free speech when they got banned from the accy board for the disgusting filth they where trying to post.. hahahahaha
Old 05-08-2004, 20:40   #8

I like Smithy as well, thought he had a cracking game v's Exexter at the end of the season, he's good in the air and I remember a time all Stanleys set pieces went to him !! OK on the deck he's not the greatest but the lads still learning............... I think he has a future at Stanley.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 21:16   #9
Senior Member+

Is this some kind of punisment? I suppose they know that the sheep in Barrow can hear a fly undo from 200yds.
After the save the clock campaign I say we start a save the 2 campaign we can write letters, send emails, even get a partition started lets not standby while 2 good guys get sent to the end of the world.
Have a look atthis http://www.byp.rom.cd/ the dark nights are just going to fly by.
Career Opportunities

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:39   #10
Resting In Peace

We get a defender on loan for a month (left back) and let one go on loan for a month (centre half). We must be thinking that everything is coming down our left side and nothing is coming down the centre. Just as we have been discussing our lack of central defenders we let one go. I hope Coley has somebody else in mind to provide cover. We only have a squad of 19 players plus one on in on loan at the moment for the kick off, two of these being goalkeepers, one a player-coach (Paul Cook), and one a non-contract player (Steve Hollis). This leaves us with 15 full-time outfield players. Is this enough ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:49   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
We must be thinking that everything is coming down our left side and nothing is coming down the centre. Just as we have been discussing our lack of central defenders we let one go.
your right we do need more back up we need some more squad players
:engsmil: 4-4-2 is the future :engsmil:
Stanleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:40   #12

Talking Re: Smithy and flickers loaned to barrow.

It might not be a case of 'is this enough' more one of 'this is all we can afford' maybe?? Just a thought...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:54   #13

I thought all the finances were in place to go full-time though? If 15 outfield players IS all we can afford then the finances obviously weren't in place. I dont think it is a case of not being able to afford however, I would expect a couple more to sign before the season starts.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:00   #14
Resting In Peace

I cannot understand why we persuaded Smithy and Flickers to give up their jobs and sign full-time contracts for Stanley and then we send them out on loan at the start of the season, obviously either surplus to requirements or not good enough. Now we have them on contract we have to pay them 52 weeks a year and honour their contracts. I think Smithy might do O.K. for Barrow, but, I don't think he is good enough for the Conference.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:37   #15
Senior Member+

remember when we sent flickers to hyde? i rest my case :P
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..