Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2010, 07:38   #16

Re: Snow Clearing - volunteers required

ok red . but we need more fans down game on
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2010, 08:41   #17
God Member

The original request said club staff were clearing it during the day and volunteers were required in the evenings. No suprise then that few people turn up during the day.

What it really needs is 12-15 lads aged about 16/17 who could use the clearing as a fitness task. Wonder where they could find such a group of lads
Old 14-01-2010, 08:50   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Where are the players?
Do they not need some exercise?
Old 14-01-2010, 11:10   #19
God Member

Exclamation Re: Snow Clearing - volunteers required

Press Release
Thursday 14th Jan 2010

Volunteers Required.

It’s all hands on deck at the Crown Ground as Accrington Stanley rely on all staff, volunteers and even players to shift the snow off the pitch in time for Saturday’s game against Rotherham.

The League 2 side haven’t played a home game since the 28th December 2009 due to the amount of snow and ice on the pitch. And with the amount of postponed games, including the FA Cup 3rd round tie versus Gillingham, only adding pressure to the latter half of the season, the club are determined to overcome the weather conditions.

A handful of volunteers began to help move the snow yesterday, and found the pitch to be in perfect playing condition, but under the snow. After their morning training session, the full squad will also be travelling to the ground to help the staff and volunteers clear the snow off the pitch and stands. The game versus Rotherham is only two days away, and with the ongoing cold climate not doing any favours, it is clear that the club needs as many bodies as possible to help shift the snow.

Chief Executive Rob Heys said “The club has had tremendous support from 6 or so volunteers throughout yesterday and this morning, but due to the sheer quantity of snow, we need as much help as we can get.”

“The pitch is in great condition, as long as we can move all of the snow in time, we will be working around the clock and will no doubt have the flood lights on in the evenings, so if anybody does have time to spare, your support will be much appreciated”

If anybody can offer assistance over the next few days please contact the club on 0871 434 1968 or come down to the Crown Ground.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:29   #20

at the great harwood golf club last season we got some of the people who were on community service to paint and tidy around the golf club why dont the club contact the powers that be and get them down communityu service is what its about and make them have some hard labour instead of standing around Burnley road causing a embarrassment to all whilst waiting for the office to open

these people could have gritted the town cetre also as far as i am concerned come on Rob get a brain ring them and get their labour to help it there its free and they are supervised
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:34   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
If anybody can offer assistance over the next few days please contact the club on 0871 434 1968 or come down to the Crown Ground.
Has the club number changed??? & cost more than local rate ??

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:36   #22

that looks like a premium line where the club will make money every time someone calls them
Old 14-01-2010, 11:39   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I think 0871 are charged at national rate which is daft for a local club. I personally hate non geographic phone numbers. many of us get free local and national calls included with our phone plans but will have to pay extra to call 0871 numbers.

Is 01254 356950 the real phone number?

It is according to this site http://www.saynoto0870.com

Last edited by Neil; 14-01-2010 at 11:41.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:39   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
at the great harwood golf club last season we got some of the people who were on community service to paint and tidy around the golf club why dont the club contact the powers that be and get them down communityu service is what its about and make them have some hard labour instead of standing around Burnley road causing a embarrassment to all whilst waiting for the office to open

these people could have gritted the town cetre also as far as i am concerned come on Rob get a brain ring them and get their labour to help it there its free and they are supervised
that is n idea that should investigated big time.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:41   #25

its there and i am sure if someone from the club requested their assistance they would accomodate what else are they doing they are not planting flowers etc this weather so matbe rob or someone at the club should act urgently
Old 14-01-2010, 11:47   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
its there and i am sure if someone from the club requested their assistance they would accomodate what else are they doing they are not planting flowers etc this weather so matbe rob or someone at the club should act urgently
Should community service people be used to help private businesses?

It was reported on the radio the other day that they have been clearing snow and ice recently.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:48   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i know that some of these people have worked in "Parks" even "Charity Shops" so cannot see any good reason why the request would be denied.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:52   #28

maybee its me but i thought the club was a community club what are they doing they help the community and businesses where necassary i am sure they would be aggreeable if it aides accrington conitnue to move forward and that includes the football club as the council own the ground it would seem logical that these people could help with the snow clearing lets face it a bit of hard labour might make them think before committing more crimes and possibly alot of these people may not have evn been to the crown ground they might turn over a new leaf and become fans
Old 14-01-2010, 11:56   #29

just back from accy to burnley help is need laods to move any help . ill be going back after dentis if any one from burnley want a lift ill pick them up pm me ill pop back home and look on web at 3
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:58   #30
God Member

Geat to see everybody at the Club now getting invoved it should make no difference whether your suited or track suited.

Team Bonding and no doubt morale boosting for everyone involved particulary the superb volunteers who have turned up

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..