Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2010, 08:13   #1

So What Has Changed ?

Been following the results and read the Forum now and again but can someone summarise what's changed since we nearly went bust ?

Who owns it at the minute and did them shares ever get transferred ?

Who is the taking over as Chairman ?

Sorry if these have all been answered just trying to get up to speed with how things have progressed since people helped raise money to save the club.

Cheers
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2010, 08:46   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: So What Has Changed ?

nowts changed as far as i'm aware shurm, maybe tomorrow.
Old 30-05-2010, 15:56   #3

Does anyone know the answers?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 16:25   #4
God Member

Don't know who's taking over as chairman (just hope it's not O'Neil ) but don't think the shares have been transferred to him yet - he said it would be done by the end of the season but been no word on it so far (mind you he didn't specify which season )
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 07:08   #5
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device I am sure O neil is taking over as chairman. And yes i am not happy about that too. BUT we are safe in L2, and I am SURE that Ilyas will not allow things to go wrong.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 07:47   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Posted via Mobile Device I am sure O neil is taking over as chairman. And yes i am not happy about that too. BUT we are safe in L2, and I am SURE that Ilyas will not allow things to go wrong.
But things go wrong all the time : meaningless statements about "soon", "next week", "next month"; bills not paid on time; etc.

Let's not forget that this man would have allowed Stanley to die.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 08:33   #7
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile DeviceThat morning will NEVER be forgotten. But things go wrong all the time in life. But with Ilyas in the frame I feel safe...
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 08:48   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Posted via Mobile DeviceThat morning will NEVER be forgotten. But things go wrong all the time in life. But with Ilyas in the frame I feel safe...
I did, but my concern is now, will he remain in the frame?
Old 31-05-2010, 08:56   #9
God Member

There are a lot of key areas that seem to have gone awfully quiet......

No doubt there are things going on behind the scenes and we are not aware of as fans and maybe there are still i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed.

To be fair on the surface things are changing, the Club Shop, the new Retail & Ticketing System, Sponsorship for the shirts are all done, improved League Position again things that are all moving forward and which bodes well for the future.

Player comings & goings are going take a while I think we all appreciate that

But Four Key questions remain and perhaps need answering:

When will Coley & JB sign contracts?

What are the developments off field for the Summer in terms of bringing the capacity of the ground up in time for the season kicking off?

The pitch itself is it remedial work that is being carried out or is it a major overhaul?

There still seems uncertainty regarding when Ilyas will step down and David will take over and when the shares will be transferred to David?

What are the future plans of both gentlemen with regard Stanley & the future? (This is not meant as a loaded question just one that I think fans genuinely want to know the answers to?)

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 09:32   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Theres a great example of how much notice they have taken of Ilyas's wishes in the new thread simon. those at the helm have demonstrated they are consistently useless n not proper people to run a professional club.IMHO.

Last edited by cashman; 31-05-2010 at 09:38.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 17:57   #11

Thanks for the replies, so not a right lot then

Who owns the club ? Is it still Eric ? Nothings very straight forward with Stanley.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 18:27   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well unless jeff can tell us any differant Shurm, they aint been transferred yet, so yeh he does.
Old 31-05-2010, 19:07   #13
God Member

Wink Re: So What Has Changed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
There are a lot of key areas that seem to have gone awfully quiet......

No doubt there are things going on behind the scenes and we are not aware of as fans and maybe there are still i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed.

To be fair on the surface things are changing, the Club Shop, the new Retail & Ticketing System, Sponsorship for the shirts are all done, improved League Position again things that are all moving forward and which bodes well for the future.

Player comings & goings are going take a while I think we all appreciate that

But Four Key questions remain and perhaps need answering:

When will Coley & JB sign contracts?

What are the developments off field for the Summer in terms of bringing the capacity of the ground up in time for the season kicking off?

The pitch itself is it remedial work that is being carried out or is it a major overhaul?

There still seems uncertainty regarding when Ilyas will step down and David will take over and when the shares will be transferred to David?

What are the future plans of both gentlemen with regard Stanley & the future? (This is not meant as a loaded question just one that I think fans genuinely want to know the answers to?)
Feel sure that this will be sorted!!

Also sure that the pitch will be sorted also!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 19:13   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Feel sure that this will be sorted!!

Also sure that the pitch will be sorted also!!
oh i'm sure the pitch will be joe, have grave doubts about the incompetance.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:12   #15
God Member

My question reference the pitch has been answered on the Fishy Site.

Thanks for putting up a detailed account of the work being undertaken

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..