Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 13 Post By Southendfan1
  • 2 Post By Southendfan1
  • 2 Post By AccyMad
  • 3 Post By Dickies Meadow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2018, 11:20   #1

Southend fan in peace

Hi Guys

Southend fan here. Just about forgiven you for the injury time equalizer a few years back at our place which ultimately cost us an automatic promotion place on goal difference that year! But thats not why I'm here.

Just wanted to say I'm in awe of what your club is acheiving. I have a massive soft spot for Stanley & always keep an eye on your progress. Its fantastic to see you top of L2 and I really hope you stay there & win the title. You have a special, historical and probably world-famous club there and I only wish the local population realised it.

Look forward to seeing you back at Roots Hall in L1 next year, but please no last minute equalizers / winners this time..

All the best.
MikeA, AccyMad, KiTChener and 10 others like this.
Southendfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2018, 07:20   #2
God Member

Re: Southend fan in peace

Thanks for the best wishes. It's a tough run in for Stanley, but now Luton have been reined back into the pack there are plenty of teams who are fighting it out.
My memories of Roots Hall are the first bar-coded turnstiles I ever came across, the little tea room to the side of the away corner, and Peter Murphy's dad silencing the taunts of the home fans single-handedly.
Good luck with life after Phil Brown.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 08:48   #3

Yes our ground is quirky to say the least! Its a proper old-school stadium but to be honest its falling apart, no investment is going into it due to the 'immenent' approval for our new stadium. Sick joke to all Southend fans, as its been imminent for the past 10 years or so..

Phil Brown did well but has lost his way, so we now have club legend Chris Powell in charge. Done ok so far, but always a risk bringing back a playing 'legend' as manager.

Anyway you may have a tough run in but you're top of the league for a reason so none of those sides will be looking forward to playing you. If you see it through it should hopefully get the club some huge and well deserved publicity.

Keep the faith!
Southendfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 10:19   #4
God Member

hope if or when you do get a new ground it will be closer to the town centre but knowing modern football it will be actually further away from anything except distribution warehouses.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 12:11   #5
God Member

Thank you Southend Fan, we know all about missing out on promotion due to a last minute goal - Bristol did it to us 2 seasons ago, fingers crossed we can get over the line this time around ��
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 07:04   #6

In 2011 your match at Accy was postponed at the last minute (some things never change) and a few of your lads found themselves at the Peel Park pub where my son was playing for Peel Park. The Southend lot really cheered them on and at full time one of them came out with a tray of beers for the whole team. Thank you - proper footy fans.
KiTChener, sherry and Southendfan1 like this.
Dickies Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 09:22   #7

In 2011 your match at Accy was postponed at the last minute (some things never change) and a few of your lads found themselves at the Peel Park pub where my son was playing for Peel Park. The Southend lot really cheered them on and at full time one of them came out with a tray of beers for the whole team. Thank you - proper footy fans.
Dickies Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..