Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 22:55   #16

Re: Special Thank You.

That tonight brought a lump to me throat, it,s what proper football is all about fans from different clubs standing together talking football, together as one for a common cause, "bloody fantastic" got to say a big thank you to all who turned up whatever your club you will be welcomed back with open arms anytime. And last but not least the ultras were amazing tonight good on ya lads an lasses if our visitors remember only one thing from tonight the noise from the clayton end must be near the top of the list.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2009, 23:20   #17
Super Moderator

Ok sorry if the odd thing went wrong!!!

Maybe Rob should have said a thank you at half time.

However I'm assured that a thank you was said over the PA near the end!!

If that's all that went "wrong", I'll accept that every week!!!

Just to make it clear; THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 23:54   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Ok sorry if the odd thing went wrong!!!

Maybe Rob should have said a thank you at half time.

However I'm assured that a thank you was said over the PA near the end!!

If that's all that went "wrong", I'll accept that every week!!!

Just to make it clear; THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU
I think youll find that something was said at halftime, and I think it was Rob who had the mic!....................Cashy, you must have still been having your half time fag mate, as I returned from having mine Rob was thanking the crowd and said that with this evenings gate recipts we were near the 75k mark..............so job done!

I would just like to add my own heartfelt thanks to ALL the visiting fans for their support this evening, twas great to see so many people on..........lets hope that some of them come back on a regular basis, especially the local ones................excellent atmosphere

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 00:30   #19
Full Member+

Old 12-09-2009, 00:35   #20
Full Member+

And any football fan in lancashire will know how significant this picture is
Old 12-09-2009, 05:05   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I think youll find that something was said at halftime, and I think it was Rob who had the mic!....................Cashy, you must have still been having your half time fag mate, as I returned from having mine Rob was thanking the crowd and said that with this evenings gate recipts we were near the 75k mark..............so job done!
It's probably because the tannoy still isn't working for 1/3 of the Clayton End. I never heard anything announced either.

It was brilliant to see so much support from other clubs, though.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:37   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
Accrington Stanley... uniting the lost masses with the common truth. O, Amen brothers & sisters. Stanley are back.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:16   #23
God Member

Smile Re: Special Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
One of the best piccy's of the night

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 21:48   #24

I did not come on here for a thank you but to thank you! I was one of The Sherwood Strollers...a group of ageing balding (in the main) Preston North End fans who travel all over watching North End and drinking heavily and we came along on Friday to lend our support. After all it is only back to 1985 that we were on the brink of going bust and had to play on a Tuesday afternoon as our floodlights had been condemned by the local authority. Only 2007 people turned out to watch Scunthorpe beat us one nil....a very low point in North End's history but look what we have achieved since.

My faith in football was completely restored. The Crown Pub, the home support (which reminded us of The Town End at Deepdale many moons ago), the honest football and the fact that supporters who are usually bitter rivals turned out to support another team.

We spoke to Burnley, Blackburn, Coventry, Bury, Rochdale, Bradford, Morecambe and even Blackpool fans and enjoyed every minute of it.

There is a photo on the club website of Kee after the winner and in the background are some Bury fans celebrating as if their team had scored six minutes from time.....faith restored!

Although it went horribly wrong after the game......a few more pints in the Crown....great staff by the way......then back to Preston to celebrate the win and spread the Stanley word ariving home in the small hours.

Despite a messy end to the evening/morning we will all be returning to Stanley this season and really hope that this great club pulls through this and moves onwards and upwards.

Thanks again Stanley and good luck!
Counting Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 22:10   #25
Super Moderator

Great post, mate, glad you enjoyed your visit and thanks for your support in our hour of need. Think you were stood near us. One of your number had a "Northend Soul" shirt on, which is a neat way of combining two passions in one! Anyway, hopefully, you will adopt us as your second club and come along now and again to enjoy a little grassroots football!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..