Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2006, 16:35   #1

split in support

has anybody noticed the difference between the old supporters and the new supporters.....they have all just jumped on the band wagon!
crownground is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2006, 16:56   #2
Junior Member+

Re: split in support

How 'new' is new?

Fair do's, I've only followed Stanley for a couple of years (instead of my Championship League home town).

I've put a lot of thought into this - and it will be difficult when Accrington rise through the ranks and play Wolverhampton Wanderers.

I'll be with the 'Reds'.
Old 31-05-2006, 17:35   #3

You cant blame 10 year old kids for ot being there in '68..
Old 31-05-2006, 17:57   #4
Super Moderator

As an "old" supporter (since 1972), I say the more so-called "bandwagon jumpers" the better. Or would you prefer to just keep it a cosy little club with the "faithful 300" who were watching 20 years ago?
Old 31-05-2006, 18:03   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownground
has anybody noticed the difference between the old supporters and the new supporters.....they have all just jumped on the band wagon!
It seems to be happening a lot lately, we get Trolls, which I have been told on other sites are posters who are looking for a reaction or are just stirring the sh it, this seems a classic Troll post, try and put a rift between supporters and only your 2nd post. I think we need a new saying "Don't feed the Trolls".

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 18:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
As an "old" supporter (since 1972), I say the more so-called "bandwagon jumpers" the better. Or would you prefer to just keep it a cosy little club with the "faithful 300" who were watching 20 years ago?
Exactly! Every, band-wagon jumper, glory hunter, sight-seer, new fan, accidentaly through the turnstiles stumbler, is another £15 in the clubs coffers. Call 'em what you will, but more fans through the gates can only be a good thing. Especially the younger ones, who will be the future of the club.
Old 31-05-2006, 18:37   #7
God Member

I think you will find this thread is nothing more than a TROLL looking for trouble
Old 31-05-2006, 18:42   #8
Senior Member+

It's necessary for the club to pick up new supporters and I hope they stay with the club for life. Over the last 6 or so years it's been easy to be a Stanley supporter, as we've all been supporting a successful club.
When the 'meaner times' roll around again, we'll need all the support we can get to make sure we don't go backwards.

The more the merrier I say.
Old 31-05-2006, 19:38   #9
Give, give, give member

I jumped on the bandwagon in March last year, and have no intention of jumping off just yet, if only to annoy the trolls.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 21:36   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownground

I think that I qualify as a young (ish) man so am I a bandwaggoner? First match 23 years ago in the halcyonic days of Gerry Keenan, Frank O'Kane, Steve Bramwell (from the fish stall) etc. It's not the same now that we don't win the Floodlit League Cup every year, so I might stop going.
Old 01-06-2006, 21:41   #11
God Member

bandwaggoners flag...... just has to be
Old 02-06-2006, 11:32   #12

Perhaps there could be some segregation in the ground for new supporters. They could perhaps be forced to stand behind the goals for the first couple of seasons, and then allowed to move to the long-side terracing after that ??
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 15:19   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baudelaire
Perhaps there could be some segregation in the ground for new supporters. They could perhaps be forced to stand behind the goals for the first couple of seasons, and then allowed to move to the long-side terracing after that ??

How many seasons?

I've been behind the goal for one and a bit seasons and my feet are aching.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 17:50   #14
Senior Member+

Does time behind the goals at Peel Park count ?

Play Up Stanley - Stanley Play Up
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 17:57   #15

Dont get bitten guys dont you know its half term

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..