Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 17:10   #136
God Member

Re: Stadium MK!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
got the answer to all our problems these two clowns comentating on 2BR should play for us.ok we might have not played well today but all they have done is slag every man in the team today, we know we have problems but do we need to be subjected to their drivell, 2BR BOG OFF BACK TO DINGLE LAND
2BR aren't even in Burnley You could always ask them not to cover the games
Old 08-12-2007, 17:12   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Ill bet Kiwi is gonna be glad He's stayed in bed for this one
Dead right mate..I had a bad bad feeling about this one (plus I was a tad drunk from watching the mighty Hawkes Bay Utd deal to Canterbury Utd.).Sad day,but not the end of tha world.In my expieriance,seldom does a team get consecutive wallopings,so watch out CHESTERFIELD.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 17:47   #138
God Member

I can't even rant & rave about todays game, I just feel so deflated by listening to it on the radio, God knows how they ones who made the trip to plastic town must feel.
There's something seriously wrong in camp, even last season when we were struggling we didn't get a pasting like we did today. Ok, most would've expected us to lose against MK Dons away but our lads would usually have made a decent fist of it instead of just rolling over as it sounded like we did. Dan said we were even worse than we were on Wednesday - unbelievable.
There was only one striker at Coleman's disposal today, but he didn't use him at all, preferring to player two midfielders up front - I'm confused.
Maybe it is time for a change at the top, possibly promote Ash Hoskins? Don't know if thats the answer but maybe it's worth a try?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 18:10   #139
Senior Member+

I was at work today, with a internet connection to the Beeb website, to say I was depressed would be an understatement. Why the hell did he play Rocky if he admits he is having an off season. Personally I am not so sure Ashley Hoskins would be a good move, available and cheap yes, but the right move I am not so sure. If JC and JB go, and it is a big IF, then maybe a new management team can turn the season around, look how Owen Coyle is doing down the road. Fresh face, Fresh ideas. This next bit might be a bit contentious, but what about a player manager coming in, either someone who is at or near the end of their playing career or even a player whose career has been finished due to injury but has the nouse to manage a team. If JC is to stay, I would say he has one month at the outside to change things around, starting with next Saturday. Keep the faith, don't make me laugh

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 18:43   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
...what about a player manager coming in, either someone who is at or near the end of their playing career or even a player whose career has been finished due to injury but has the nouse to manage a team.
In a different thread, I quoted players such as Stephane Henchoz or Alan Stubbs. I have no idea if they would be interested in management, but maybe ..... Or possibly Sami Hyppia. All defenders. And, just to please those readers who think there must be a scouse connection if Stanley is to prosper, all have suitable Merseyside links.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 18:46   #141
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
And, just to please those readers who think there must be a scouse connection if Stanley is to prosper, all have suitable Merseyside links.
Why only scouse links ????????????????? be nice to have a variety of talent from any area, as long as they are good & want to play for the team to do well

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 18:51   #142
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Why only scouse links ????????????????? be nice to have a variety of talent from any area, as long as they are good & want to play for the team to do well
I could not agree more. However, there are contributors to this forum who feel that Coley must stay because of his Liverpool connections. My comment was very much tongue-in-cheek. But that should not detract from the players I named.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 18:53   #143
Senior Member+

Report on Today's game:

MK Dons 5-0 Accrington Stanley - Milton Keynes Today

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 19:44   #144
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
In a different thread, I quoted players such as Stephane Henchoz or Alan Stubbs. I have no idea if they would be interested in management, but maybe ..... Or possibly Sami Hyppia. All defenders. And, just to please those readers who think there must be a scouse connection if Stanley is to prosper, all have suitable Merseyside links.
You can add Graham Branch to that list.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 21:44   #145
God Member

Paul Cook?
Old 08-12-2007, 22:03   #146

Have just got in from the game after a long, long trip via Chester on the way home (due to an accident on M6)!!

Anyway, I don't really post on the messageboard unless asked to really and todays performance for everyone who went was a gutwrencher!! Losing 5-0 anywhere is sickening at the best of times but when you have gone a far distance too it's never good.

But rather than looking at Stanley today you have to also look at MK........ a £50 million stadium, a bench full of young starlets on big money and a team that will probably stay top of the league at the end of the day.

They were an impressive side guys, seriously they were, you can criticise Stanley to the hilt but at the same time I don't think we will be the only side that gets done over by such a margin at Stadium MK this season!!

I'm sure the rest of the Stanley fans who were there, once they get home, will be in agreement yeah maybe it wasn't Stanley's day but it's still a fact that this isn't the worst position we have been in is it? It's a dip in form yes, but to say 'off with the manager's head' after playing a top of the table side and after a local derby is just wrong.

I have seen Stanley play better, I don't deny that, but at the same time it is a dip in form, look at Allardyce at Newcastle after today's game for an example of a turnaround, I for one am keeping the faith!!!! Football is sent to test fans and managers alike, otherwise it wouldn't be football would it!!

Just my opinion x
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 22:10   #147
Senior Member+

from listening to live coverage on bbc lancashire (cant pick up 2br in liverpool) with the addition of ian wilcox as a co-commentator, It was clear Coleman tactically was out done by Ince.

And when he tried to change it, it was more desperation than a plan B.

Wilcox said Craney was moaning he wasnt getting the ball to his feet at half time and that Coleman said some very 'choice' words to the players.

Didnt seem to work.

To be fair to Wilcox, he admitted the players where playing poor.

Can anyone give us an individual player performance rating?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 19:29   #148
Senior Member+

Report in Telegraph:

MK Dons thrash Accrington Stanley - Football News - Telegraph

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 11-12-2007, 21:09   #149
Senior Member+

Ince on exploiting our 3-5-2 system:

Ince hails Stanley demolition as 'complete football' - Milton Keynes Today

Old 11-12-2007, 21:30   #150
God Member

i liked this bit

"I think you have to be flexible you can't always keep a rigid
4-4-2 because teams know how to prepare against you if you keep the same personnel there and play the same way. You have to be able to change it and it worked."

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..