Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2006, 11:50   #31
God Member

Re: STANLEY ARE BACK Exhibition

UPDATE:

Spoken to Rob and he is going to give me some letters of congratulations from other clubs etc.. i will put them in a really BIG frame so people can read... not a photograph but breaks up the exhibition nicely and is relevant IMHO
Old 14-11-2006, 11:56   #32
God Member

UPDATE:

The exhibition is supposed to be all about the season we won promotion.. ie last conf season.... it's preceded by some pics off garth when last in league and ends with a few relevant pics from this season..

however I have now been offered a whole load of pics from seasons before i was taking pics.. actual photographs with no known author... no idea who took them but handed around by our club officials.. famous stanley names of old but from this incarnation of the club.. ie 60s onwards..

had I known about these I may have done a 62 to now exhibit... but too late..

however i am a great believer that photographs should be seen and not held in a box gathering dust.. otherwise its just bits of paper.. so I am going to accept these pictures then its a case of scanning and putting on the web for all to see... unibond and earlier pics....i may need a kind soul with a scanner to do it for me?
Old 14-11-2006, 12:36   #33
God Member

If i can work out how to use mine then consider it done. Had it two months and never used...............
Old 05-12-2006, 09:34   #34
God Member

UPDATE

Finally all the pictures have been chosen and most printed.. some are A3 and sent away.. only one is bigger than A3

There are 68 Photographs by me and 9 Introductory B/W photographs by Garth Dawson from when we where last in the league. Some mounts of multiple pictures resulting in a total of 50 mounts (framed)... There is one short match report from Woking that goes more into the drama of the day than a proper match report.. is short and really tells the story... even gives the theme from minder a mention .... Theres laminated copies of letters from clubs and individuals congratulating the club on gaining league status ..Thanks to the club and Rob Heys the Conference trophy will also be on display throughout the exhibition.

Still on target for the cost which I guessed to be 300.. then a worried rethink to as much as 500.. I am now confident it wont get to 400... All reciepts have been kept and the supporters club will pay exactly what it costs to put the show on... In return they will get 41 mounts containing 68 pics.. plus the report (also mounted with pics) and laminated letters.... they wont get frames or garths pics or the trophy... However a normal photo exhibition is NOT framed.. only at art galleries... other venues would just be mounted then atatched to boards or walls as they are.. (Mounted is the card surrounding and backing the pics.. not what you use to hang the pic)

So with luck.. within the next week all pictures will be printed and mounted and at the gallery... all thats left then is to write 68 descriptions for 68 pictures

To give a little insight.. only 24 photographs are of football action (inc celebrations) because so many other pictures tell the story... quite a lot of forum members appear on pictures and the ultras come out well on a couple... Lots from woking, civic reception and conference presentation as thats the theme.... about 20 frames from the conference season as thats the season we got into the league and 5 frames of pics showing us in the football league now..Jack barret has pride of place on an A3 pic holding the trophy as he is a special part of it all..

The rest you will ahve to come along and see for yourself... me.. well I am just gonna carry on worrying and panicking that it goes down well.....eeeeerm.....gosh its scary...
Old 05-12-2006, 09:39   #35

Sounds great kipax, cant wait.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:42   #36
God Member

Sure it will do well - good luck with it anyway
Is there a big opening do? Jack cutting the tape or owt like that? don't want to miss it if there is

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:06   #37
God Member

Looking forward to seeing the faces of Gallery staff as The Ultras traipse around...........

sounds brilliant Kipax .. keep up the good work
Old 19-12-2006, 21:07   #38
God Member

UPDATE

All the pics are being collected and taken to the gallery on Thursday... get price from shop for mounting, backing and replacement glass x2 (oops) and A3 printing on the day.. erk

40 Letters from various clubs and sources offering congratulations are being laminated as I type (Keep going AccyRed) and will be laid out on a table for people to read. Trophy also being taken up on Thursday

This is first draft of a poster the Gallery have come up with

Old 19-12-2006, 21:13   #39
Member.

Can you keep us updated on the poster and can we have a high resolution print off version. I’ll Print a few off and get them up around town (Blackpool/Cleveleys) maybe Bloomfield Road. If that permissible with you and the Gallery Mr K, Sir.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 21:16   #40
God Member

The pic has 44 yrs and the text 40 so i arsked them to change..

there gonna print some A3 off. I asked them for 2 to put in clubhouse and one for me... tee hee.

Its done on a PDF file.. I can ask for the original
Old 19-12-2006, 21:20   #41
Member.

Despite the odd reference to the contrary, you’re a gentleman Sir.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 19-12-2006, 21:23   #42
God Member

Oh no I'm not!

well it is panto season
Old 19-12-2006, 21:38   #43
Member.

You'll be playing the ugly Sister then.

Oh no he isn't........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-12-2006, 11:22   #44
God Member

Accy Observer (thanks Dany) supporting this with a nice bit in the next issue.. complete with a piccie (same as one in poster)
Old 21-12-2006, 21:09   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Can you keep us updated on the poster and can we have a high resolution print off version. I’ll Print a few off and get them up around town (Blackpool/Cleveleys) maybe Bloomfield Road. If that permissible with you and the Gallery Mr K, Sir.

here ya go .. If ANYONE wants to print any off and get into shops or pubs round town etc Its a PDF file and 1.1 MB

http://www.kipax.com/public_collect/poster.pdf

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..