Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2015, 19:59   #166
I am Banned

Re: Stanley Fund Raising

Louis Tomlinson takes swipe at The Voice: 'It's like Accrington Stanley trying to compete with Real Madrid' - 3am & Mirror Online

Who needs fake tickets to get our name out there just leave it to some poncy boy hand mbee
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2015, 19:59   #167
God Member

C'mon, Chubby, you know Davo doesn't have a purse - he keeps all his money rolled up in his suspender belt.
Chubbyman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 20:16   #168
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Wasn't a fan of the idea at all when I first heard about it, and still not a fan of it now. Not at all. But I am happy that it raised the £5k - the club always needs the money.

I do think though that we can take some positives from our very negative reaction.

Maybe it is a British thing, while we are happy on the whole to poke fun at ourselves, and can cope with people doing so to us, we are very protective of things we love and care about.

You really can call me all the names under the sun - some people do - you can laugh at me and poke fun at me, and I will let it go over my head and chuckle at your attempts to get me to bite. But if you try to take the **** out of something I love and care deeply about – a family member, a good friend, or ineed my football club – I will react.

We even do it ourselves, to one another we call our small ground that is falling apart in places, the 'tinpot' quirks we know and love, and the way we have to all dig in to get things done. Yet if someone from another club dares to make a disparaging remark about our stadium, then they will get a reaction!

I think our true supporters could see what was going to happen – barrage of abuse from rival clubs – and reacted accordingly.

Perhaps we should all have been more worried if we hadn’t cared about our club being ridiculed – albeit only by a section of people, appreciate it got some good publicity too – if nobody had got upset about it then it would have indicated nobody cares?

Just my thoughts – now who do we play in the next round and is it on the television?

On Stanley On,

Rob
Boss; So Spot on!

As Coley says "keep the faith"
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 20:18   #169

We're "laughing all the way to the bank" with our £5,000 raised according to Annabel Tiffin on North West Tonight.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 20:37   #170

Normally I try to put forward a reasoned argument for the money raising schemes the club put out I'm with Rob on this one. I don't like it and wouldn't go for it myself. I rate rate this along with the commemorative league cup semi final t-shirt that Rangers have tried to sell and there is no way I would buy one of them.

That said, it is £5000 of easy money and loads of publicity. I am proud of the club and, as rob says, would joke about it with the rest of us on the Clayton End but sod anybody else who tries it. I've had the "Accrington Stanley, who are they" which is met with "I've not heard that before" said with a scowl. Some of the women I work with have been talking about it - "Is that your dodgy club trying to sell tickets for a game that won't be played?" met with " if there's mugs that want to pay £20 a shot then it's easy money 'cos we're skint". And I work in Dumfries where most people couldn't find Accrington on a map.

I just wonder how many actually believe they have a real ticket for a match or a promise of a chance to buy a ticket for an up and coming friendly against Man Utd . Given the amount of people who spend hundreds of pounds on ebay buying iPhone 6 boxes or PS whatever boxes or Xbox thingy boxes and expect the real thing it wouldn't surprise me .

So, well done on the £5000 just think of a better way next time please.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 21:16   #171
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I just wonder how many actually believe they have a real ticket for a match or a promise of a chance to buy a ticket for an up and coming friendly against Man Utd .
Real ticket: your remark about mugs applies . Buying a ticket for a match played yesterday really wouldn't be too bright!

Promise, which was implied: maybe, and if the friendly does come off (two hopes, and Bob's dead) I hope the club invite the 250 for a grand day out
Old 06-01-2015, 21:25   #172
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Normally I try to put forward a reasoned argument for the money raising schemes the club put out I'm with Rob on this one. I don't like it and wouldn't go for it myself. I rate rate this along with the commemorative league cup semi final t-shirt that Rangers have tried to sell and there is no way I would buy one of them.

That said, it is £5000 of easy money and loads of publicity. I am proud of the club and, as rob says, would joke about it with the rest of us on the Clayton End but sod anybody else who tries it. I've had the "Accrington Stanley, who are they" which is met with "I've not heard that before" said with a scowl. Some of the women I work with have been talking about it - "Is that your dodgy club trying to sell tickets for a game that won't be played?" met with " if there's mugs that want to pay £20 a shot then it's easy money 'cos we're skint". And I work in Dumfries where most people couldn't find Accrington on a map.

I just wonder how many actually believe they have a real ticket for a match or a promise of a chance to buy a ticket for an up and coming friendly against Man Utd . Given the amount of people who spend hundreds of pounds on ebay buying iPhone 6 boxes or PS whatever boxes or Xbox thingy boxes and expect the real thing it wouldn't surprise me .

So, well done on the £5000 just think of a better way next time please.
Hard to argue wi that, But proud of em,i am not, The fact Mr Marsden says we didn't do it for the money, to me implies that all stanley fans are stupid, Everyone who goes to the crown ground knows damn well money is always very tight, and unless we get some kind person throwing much moolah our way it always will be the case, anyway now that hopefully the pantomine season is oer we, lets do Bury on friday night. KTF.
Old 06-01-2015, 21:29   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hard to argue wi that, But proud of em,i am not, The fact Mr Marsden says we didn't do it for the money, to me implies that all stanley fans are stupid, Everyone who goes to the crown ground knows damn well money is always very tight, and unless we get some kind person throwing much moolah our way it always will be the case, anyway now that hopefully the pantomine season is oer we, lets do Bury on friday night. KTF.
Just to clarify, proud of the club as we all are as fans not the decision to go with the ticket idea. I could possibly have worded it better.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 21:44   #174
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Just to clarify, proud of the club as we all are as fans not the decision to go with the ticket idea. I could possibly have worded it better.
Think yeh worded it well mate, wasn't a pop at yeh, just my 2 pennorth.
Old 06-01-2015, 22:08   #175
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

How much would someone be willing to pay for a playoff home shirt from 2010/11 season ?
Old 06-01-2015, 23:16   #176

An actual shirt or a commemorative one?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 23:32   #177
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

One of the ones that wasn't used on the day because JC was supercilious and ended up using the league shirt in sted of the specialy made commemorative shirt that i have:
smobile likes this.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:15   #178
God Member

Sounds like just the item for Stanley Nick's programme fair, Mab.
By the way,was it Stevie Wonder who had a big hit with "Supercilious".
smobile and Chubbyman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:07   #179
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Louis Tomlinson takes swipe at The Voice: 'It's like Accrington Stanley trying to compete with Real Madrid' - 3am & Mirror Online

Who needs fake tickets to get our name out there just leave it to some poncy boy hand mbee
He obviously still hasn't got over us beating his beloved Doncaster Rovers in JPT a few years ago whilst wearing shorts borrowed from them
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:25   #180
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=rob;1128

Just my thoughts – now who do we play in the next round and is it on the television?

On Stanley On,

Rob[/QUOTE]

Rob,

Agreed with all you posted and share your ideas and feelings in total !.....but my initial thoughts were ... " I wonder who we don't play in the Cup Final ,and if we print tickets for this will they be of any value ?..... and of course could the replay, if one was necessary, generate a £ or two for the club coffers ?.
And of course it would undoubtedly be televised because a Wembley occasion never misses !.

But all that is for next season !.... So ' On Stanley....On !!!' .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..