Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 20:51   #1

Stanley Ladies Lose in Close Cup Encounter

For the first time we thought this is it! But it was not to be! And it was a case of copycat for the ladies team as they came out of the game today with the same result as the men's side 4-2.

Stanley Ladies came face to face with a strong Cumbrian side in the form of Carleton Rovers today at King George V Playing Fields.

Stanley Ladies took the lead twice in the game with goals coming from Sarah Worden and Suzanne Carter only for Carleton to come at Stanley with two very well taken goals and at half-time there was everything to play for.

In the second half it was Stanley vs the referee for much of the remainder of the game with one goal being allowed that hadn't even crossed the line after a superb save by Sparkie onto the crossbar that cost her a disclocated thumb. The liner did not give the goal but the ref's decision was final, but you can't have them all and the game was finally finished off after a dubious free-kick was given on the edge of the area which was fired into the back of the net with Sparkie still trying to get her thumb back into place.

This result compared to the previous ones is a great boost for the girls, there have been a number of signings made over the past few weeks so we shall soon see that elusive win, I have no doubt!

Karen
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2006, 09:29   #2
God Member

Re: Stanley Ladies Lose in Close Cup Encounter

Hard luck girls, sounds like it was a good game - Cart On Ladies, Cart On
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 18:14   #3

Keep up the hard work Ladies.

Ultras have a free weekend this Sunday so means I am free to come and watch you. Where are you playing this Sunday and what time is kick off please?
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 18:21   #4
Senior Member+

Sorry Kisser but we don't have a game either!!

Personally it means I've an extra week to get my thumb right (ish!) so that I don't miss any fixtures.

On a personal note I would like to thank mr Dan Jewell for putting my dislocated thumb back into its socket!!! Extremely chivalrous of you sir!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 18:24   #5
Senior Member+

Oh and just to add something I forgot, we won 9-4 in the winter five-a-side league on Monday. Footy Nut got a hat trick and BRFC Big Tits got a double hat trick!!!

The wins are coming slowly but surely in the five-a-side, and taking part in this league is having a very positive effect on the 11-a-side format too.
Old 07-11-2006, 21:50   #6
I am Banned

woohoo!!! double hatrick for me thats 6 goals for u burnley fans out there haha....... thanks sparkie for tellin em
brfcbigtits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:21   #7

Typical - every time the Ultras dont have a game, the ladies dont!

What to do this Sunday then - no footy arrrggghhh!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 17:34   #8
Senior Member+

the ladies team are supposedly going across to clitheroe to watch rovers ladies on sunday. They're playing at clitheroes ground. I think its a 1pm kick off.
Old 13-11-2006, 07:28   #9

Didnt get your message til too late Sparky - shame.

I spent the day watching the thrilling Peel Park U16's at Witton Park in the blustery rain. Great eh.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..