Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Taypot
  • 1 Post By AccyMad
  • 3 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2019, 03:19   #1
Senior Member+

Stanley legend McEvilly Birthday 15th April

Monday 15th April is the birthday of Stanley legend Lee McEvilly

Any true Stanley fan will remember Evil as a major factor in our conference days, a player who had vast ability but was let down by a lack of physical discipline.

Many fans have been in touch to ask if we are going to have a good whip round for evil; normally I would be happy to arrange such things but I no longer live near the area so can I ask you make contact with Evil via Facebook or other communication channels to pass on your wishes and gifts?

I think it would be fitting if at the next home game Andy Holt made Lee the guest of honour, maybe have an appearance in the fan zone pre kick off and have him paraded around the pitch at half time?
Can someone ask him to do this on Twitter please?

It’s legends like evil that have got Stanley up into the league, least we forget!

Last edited by DAV007; 13-04-2019 at 03:21.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2019, 10:46   #2

Re: Stanley legend McEvilly Birthday 15th April

Dav007 IS Lee McEvilly!
AccyMad likes this.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 10:55   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
Dav007 IS Lee McEvilly!
Since when?
Old 13-04-2019, 11:39   #4
God Member

He's certainly his no.1 (& possibly only) fan
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 15:45   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
He's certainly his no.1 (& possibly only) fan
Incorrect sir

The Stanley ultras recently discussed their most loved to hate and yet still love and Lee McEvilly came top of the poll

I don’t care about evil, he don’t care about me, all I care about is watching Stanley

Evil - captain, leader, legend

Many happy returns to the man with the ability to play at the very top, another wasted talent.

Be grateful if Dan Jewell can ask Coley how high up the football pyramid McEvilly could have played if his dietary discipline matched his ability
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 17:33   #6
God Member

My abiding memory of Mr McEvilly is from a game in 2004 at Farnborough Town, where I’d taken Mrs Exile as her birthday present (I still try and spoil her).
Of the 706 fans, about 6 were supporting Stanley.
At one point the ball came hurtling towards where we were standing near the half-way line (one of Proccy’s passes, possibly) with Lee chasing after it in a desperate a attempt to keep it in play. Only a scaffold pole atop a thin bit of hoarding stood between us and the field of play and, as Lee approached, we assumed the brace position in anticipation of him crashing through it.
He didn’t but, as he came to a sudden halt gripping the pole, steam billowing from his shaven head, he was like an enraged bull frustrated at not having impailed his tormentor.
I don’t about Farnborough, but he put the fear of god into me!
AccyMad, Kiwi John and DAV007 like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 20:08   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Incorrect sir

The Stanley ultras recently discussed their most loved to hate and yet still love and Lee McEvilly came top of the poll

I don’t care about evil, he don’t care about me, all I care about is watching Stanley

Evil - captain, leader, legend

Many happy returns to the man with the ability to play at the very top, another wasted talent.

Be grateful if Dan Jewell can ask Coley how high up the football pyramid McEvilly could have played if his dietary discipline matched his ability
Sir?? I think not Dav 007
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..