Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2006, 16:03   #1
Senior Member+

Stanley Online Store

Am I missing something, or is there even less merchandise available online now than before? I was going to buy a new beanie hat, but I can't see them online. Likewise adult sweatshirts, training tops, etc.
Old 24-09-2006, 17:15   #2

Wink Re: Stanley Online Store

seems like it to me to monkey man anyway how did the ladies get on against padiham today ?????
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 17:57   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley Online Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006
seems like it to me to monkey man anyway how did the ladies get on against padiham today ?????
Apparently they played really, really well and every lady was a hero. Unfortunately they narrowly lost 29-0, although they only had 7 players turn up*. Unlucky, but it's the way they lost that counts!

*May not necessarily be true
Old 24-09-2006, 18:30   #4
God Member

Could it be time for UK Cowboy to take along his girdle and wig?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 21:49   #5
Senior Member+

They lost 0-8
Old 24-09-2006, 22:24   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Am I missing something, or is there even less merchandise available online now than before? I was going to buy a new beanie hat, but I can't see them online. Likewise adult sweatshirts, training tops, etc.
It's so you can't order something that's not going to be delivered. New tactics after the Darlington programme and pink shirt fiasco.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 19:04   #7

Smile Re: Stanley Online Store

Quote:
Apparently they played really, really well and every lady was a hero. Unfortunately they narrowly lost 29-0, although they only had 7 players turn up*. Unlucky, but it's the way they lost that counts!

**How tinpot

Jimbo T blower

**May not necessarily be true

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:05   #8
I am Banned

Yeh there does seem a lot less this season after being assured that the online section would improve their merchandise on another discussion
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:12   #9
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Yeh there does seem a lot less this season after being assured that the online section would improve their merchandise on another discussion
It's just not good enough, this season the club should be falling over themselves to encourge us to part with our cash. What have we got a bar where we can't buy a drink, a clubshop where we can't buy a hat, what is going on, are the staff not good enough or as I suspect does the club need a couple of new people. Personally I think the boat has already been missed so the buck has to stop at the current staff, promises that cannot be kept should not be made.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 09:26   #10
God Member

Quote:

What exactly is your problem with the ladies team TM? All you ever do on here is snipe at them. Yes, the girls lost 8 nil on Sunday but they played really well, specially for a team who've only been playing together for a few weeks. If you don't want to go along and support them, fair enough but there's no need to have a go at them at every opportunity!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 13:20   #11
Senior Member+

Can you describe it as a team? I thought a football team had at least 11 players? Even the 'team' picture only has 10 players!

I'm just thankful that the Ladies have no official connection with ASFC, otherwise it would be embarrassing.
Old 26-09-2006, 13:28   #12
God Member

thats not fair TM. Even if the first team, the real one, was getting beat every week we'd still support them wouldn't we?

Please read the T&Cs for this forum. Personal attacks and trying to circumvent the swear filter is not allowed - Z

Last edited by ZOMBIE; 26-09-2006 at 17:37.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 13:51   #13

Can you describe it as a team? I thought a football team had at least 11 players? Even the 'team' picture only has 10 players!

THAT PHOTO WAS TAKEN AT THEIR FIRST MATCH AGAINST CARLETON
AT PENRITH. IF YOU READ THE THREAD ON THAT GAME YOU WILL FIND THAT THERE WAS ONLY 10 PLAYERS THAT DAY.

A proper team photo will appear when Mr K. gets the chance to take one.
with may I add will also show them in the official kit. however if you look on Kipax's website at photos of the ladies game against PNE you will find 13 players on the squad photo, wearing the official away kit.

Please read the T&Cs for this forum. Personal attacks and trying to circumvent the swear filter is not allowed - Z

Last edited by ZOMBIE; 26-09-2006 at 17:36.
Bottletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 15:46   #14

Quote:
I'm just thankful that the Ladies have no official connection with ASFC, otherwise it would be embarrassing.
So are they not official Accrington Stanley ladies then?
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 09:23   #15
God Member

Quote:

For God's sake, let it drop - you might think it's funny keep having a pop at the ladies team (yes I said team) but to be honest it's getting a little stale now! Don't knock what you haven't seen, either go along to a game so you actually know what you're talking about or put up and shut up! Rant over - I'm not gonna let you wind me up any more over this
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..