Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2015, 13:29   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Stanley v Newport.

I see this is a friday evening game, Who is the intelligent person that arranged this? We will probably get hardly any walk ons at all that night. England play Lithuania in a World cup qualifier, That fact was known long ago, are these sorta things not checked out beforehand? In my opinion most walk ons will certainly not come see us.
Old 11-03-2015, 13:41   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Stanley v Newport.

Our seeming love in with evening games is incomprehensible to me. The so callled "magic of games under the lights" would be OK if the quality of our floodlights enabled you to see clearly the action at the Coppice end from the Clayton end, apart from the attendance issues!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 13:48   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to be honest, i dont mind em, But this un seems senseless to me.
Old 11-03-2015, 15:58   #4
God Member

I don't know how and by whom games are arranged but playing on a night when there's football on telly seems counter-productive to Stanley's fortunes ().
This link might've helped
Live Football On TV | Football On Television In The UK
However, we are talking about an England game and I know which I'd rather watch if I had the choice.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 16:07   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aye me n all but we are owd school Stanley, not walk ons. n a World Cup qualifier
Old 12-03-2015, 01:34   #6
Full Member+

Don't forget Wales's qualifier the same night,which will affect the away attendance!
AccyMad likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 20:27   #7
Full Member+

How we end up shooting our selves in the foot is unbelievable, we are trying to encourage attendances and they pull stunts like this. Who's decision is this and can it not be change even at this late stage????
cashman likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 21:20   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
How we end up shooting our selves in the foot is unbelievable, we are trying to encourage attendances and they pull stunts like this. Who's decision is this and can it not be change even at this late stage????
Hopefully not as I've taken the day off and booked my travel!!

However I hate midweek and Friday games. Presumably there is a reason for it and it helps the club in some way but as far as I'm concerned I'd like them to give up on the Fridays because I have to use holidays, they cost me far more and I either stay over or get home at 4.55am and I'm getting to old for that
Redraine, Revived Red and mab like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 09:37   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Can't and won't be changed Chris !......another grin and bear it situation I'm afraid, in front of a possible sub- 900 gate ?.

Alfred .E. Comments thus...." Is it comprehensible that a true Soccer fan would actually sit and watch Hodgson's Horror Show for 2 hours ?".....Which seems to agree entirely with exile's opinion !.
Revived Red likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 10:41   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Can't and won't be changed Chris !......another grin and bear it situation I'm afraid, in front of a possible sub- 900 gate ?.

Alfred .E. Comments thus...." Is it comprehensible that a true Soccer fan would actually sit and watch Hodgson's Horror Show for 2 hours ?".....Which seems to agree entirely with exile's opinion !.
How many true football fans are left these days? How many in the sterile environment of the premiership and some championship clubs can remember the old days of no wall to wall televised football, standing in the rain on uncovered terraces watching football in the cold played on muddy pitches?

That could be one of the reasons. Some people would watch any old rubbish on skysports etc than head to a lower league game. Plus how many will pay the same or less to watch the Rovers than go to the Crown to see Stanley?

If there is only 900ish v Newport then I will be one just like I was against Hartlepool but, after Bury and Morecambe as well, I am running out of holidays.

As I've said before, the club will have their reasons for Friday games, it just doesn't suit some of us.
Old 13-03-2015, 10:42   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Is it comprehensible that a true Soccer fan would actually sit and watch Hodgson's Horror Show for 2 hours ?".....Which seems to agree entirely with exile's opinion !.
People these days seem to demand instant gratification without putting any effort in. I must admit it is sometimes difficult to get myself motivated to drag myself away from a warm fireside to support my team, but with Choirboy's brilliant taxi service I have always managed to do it up to now. The thought of having to agonise through yet another England bore-fest instead is not an option!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 10:46   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
People these days seem to demand instant gratification without putting any effort in. I must admit it is sometimes difficult to get myself motivated to drag myself away from a warm fireside to support my team, but with Choirboy's brilliant taxi service I have always managed to do it up to now. The thought of having to agonise through yet another England bore-fest instead is not an option!
You think that's hard, I'm setting off for the Burton game in 30 mins.

I told the missus I was taking her away for the weekend it just so happens Burton is close by for tomorrow .
Old 13-03-2015, 10:48   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

See yeh tomoz no doubt then.
Old 13-03-2015, 10:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
See yeh tomoz no doubt then.
Indeed, i'll be the one with the red and white scarf on .
Old 13-03-2015, 10:52   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Indeed, i'll be the one with the red and white scarf on .
I will be easily recognised i'm putting me best teeth in.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..