Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2007, 15:59   #1
God Member

Steve Evans - Boston - violins?

Just heard Steve Evans on Sky Sports saying that the Boston staff haven't been paid for nearly two months and there was nothing available with which to pay them. My heart strings were twanged and I started putting mental plans into action to start a collection towards the wages of the players etc. Then I remembered that this guy would gladly have sent us into the abyss at the expense of collection of overpaid/not paid superstars and the buckets got put away.

When are the bailiffs due Steve?

That said, I still feel sorry for their fans as they haven't done anything wrong and their club are staring extinction in the eye. Also the players and their families are suffering for the over indulgences of the fat cats running the show.
Old 20-04-2007, 16:05   #2
God Member

Re: Steve Evans - Boston - violins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
That said, I still feel sorry for their fans as they haven't done anything wrong and their club are staring extinction in the eye. Also the players and their families are suffering for the over indulgences of the fat cats running the show.
Agreed.

If Eric were to sell out, and to the wrong person, that could happen to us, very easily.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 17:22   #3
God Member

thats why we should stick with eric better the devil you know

eric whalley loyal no1
Old 20-04-2007, 20:04   #4
Senior Member+

They haven't many players left that they have to pay: http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/999205...rther-problems

And now they're selling up: http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/996079...equipment-sale

I feel sorry for the fans. I had a couple of good trips there in Unibond days and well remember Batemans on handpumps in the clubhouse after the match.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 20:54   #5
Senior Member+

Why dont you use the money you Scamed a few seasons ago Steve?

He also says about people thinking about being in thier position, nobody Said Much when we had to put youth team players on the bench around christmas time did they,

No sympathy for you around here Mr Evans!
Old 20-04-2007, 21:12   #6
Junior Member+

even tho there local rivals i feel for them and it's a good derby match for town fans when we all go to Boston, but maybe someone with a bit of money might step in we can only hope.

www.piczo.com/msba
Ash_gtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 21:14   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_gtfc View Post
but maybe someone with a bit of money might step in we can only hope.
They did, and they stepped back out again when they went through the books.
Shame this happening to any team, league or not, but this guy I have no sympathy for what-so-ever

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 21:52   #8
Member.

Perhaps we should remember our own history and give some regard to what the loyal supporters of this club are going through. Although I’m happy to see the like of Boston, Barrow, Hereford or Morecombe relegated after a fair fight, I regret and feel for their demise resulting from poor or improper management. Perhaps Mr Evans is about get whats due to him, the Club may well be a victim.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2007, 06:49   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Perhaps we should remember our own history and give some regard to what the loyal supporters of this club are going through. Although I’m happy to see the like of Boston, Barrow, Hereford or Morecombe relegated after a fair fight, I regret and feel for their demise resulting from poor or improper management. Perhaps Mr Evans is about get whats due to him, the Club may well be a victim.
Whilst I agree with you in one sense Doug, what happened to Stanley in '62 was a totally different kettle of fish. That was not fiddling the books etc and as far as Steve Evans is concerned, the sooner he goes out of football for good, then that will be for the good of football and Boston United.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..