Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2011, 10:43   #1
Senior Member+

Stewards League Table

Well I havent done this since August I dont think, but based on my superb experience yesterday, here is my League 2 Stewards table based on the grounds I have been with the Stanley.

Anybody else any suggestions???

1. Wycombe Wanderers
2. Macclesfield Town
3. Stevenage FC
4. Bury
5. Bradford City
6. Oxford United
7. Morecambe
8. Burton Albion
9. Shrewsbury Town
10. Aldershot Town
12. Port Vale
13. Torquay United
18. Northampton Town
20. Hereford United
21. Cheltenham Town
22. Crewe Alex
23. Stanley
24. Lincoln City

Special Mention. Tranmere Rovers, Ace

Crap Mention. Rochdale
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2011, 11:14   #2

Re: Stewards League Table

Best ground for me . Anywere i last for 90 mins
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 16:29   #3
Senior Member+

Stevenage were superb!!! Only three i think , all beating along with the songs and always had a smile on there face!

Id also put rotherham about 15th smudgie, bit moaning at the end but let you stand up and etc without the hassle!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 22:52   #4
Senior Member+

Rotherham stewards were ok IMHO. The two who "looked after" us slept through the whole match and the other two stewards were ONE AND A HALF MILES AWAY on the other side of the ground just behind the dugouts!!!!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 12:23   #5
God Member

Geography and the price of petrol being what it is, I see more away games than home.
I'll never forget the kindness at Dagenham a couple of season's ago when stewards let us into the stand to get out of horizontal rain (although that was repaid by one idiot rightly getting himself ejected for foul language).
More recently, Stevenage and Wycombe stewards were excellent. Most stewards are OK but the one exception has got to be Cheltenham. The final game of last season was diabolical, and this season there were two particular fluorescent thugs who were almost bursting blood vessels because they knew they had to behave. They were scowling throughout the game like a dog that had swallowed a wasp. In league of 24 I'd put Cheltenham 25th.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 13:09   #6
Senior Member+

I decided not to go to Cheltenham this season. Firstly, they charge too much and, secondly, last season the match was completely ruined by being distracted by the antics and idiocy of their stewards. A case of 'once bitten, twice shy'.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 13:19   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I decided not to go to Cheltenham this season. Firstly, they charge too much and, secondly, last season the match was completely ruined by being distracted by the antics and idiocy of their stewards. A case of 'once bitten, twice shy'.
...not to mention the three lines of police with dogs outside the away turnstiles, waiting for the marauding Stanley hooligans!
Old 21-02-2011, 16:13   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...not to mention the three lines of police with dogs outside the away turnstiles, waiting for the marauding Stanley hooligans!

I presumed they were there to keep the Cheltenham steward thugs in order.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 16:36   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whilst there has been some problems occasionally wi stanleys stewards, beats me how yer get em lower in yer table than Cheltenham?? yeh gotta be joking smudge?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..