Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2006, 23:00   #1

Stockport County

Firstly an apology for the awful idea the bloke on the PA had for trying to take the P**s at half time. I felt a bit sick when he did that and would like to point out he's not our usual announcer.

Secondly you were lucky last night. Ok so you had a fair penalty appeal turned down but we had several, your players were all over ours at times and the ref waved play on and finally Proudlock was never offside 3 times. Once at the most and I had a VERY good view.

The liner was AWFUL.

You need to make more noise though - you brightened up in the second half but first half you were nearly silent.
Stranded Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2006, 23:11   #2
God Member

Re: Stockport County

How many more points would you have given us had we made more noise?
Old 19-08-2006, 23:32   #3

Got to say you aren't the worst side I've seen and will admit that you had more chances in the second half.

I do think if we had put away our chances in the first we would have gone on to dominate but fact was we didn't and we let you back into it.

As for the noise thing atmosphere makes a huge difference IMO. I like it when you can have banter with the away fans and we couldn't last night. I do look forward to when we finally have a roof on the Railway End so away fans can make more noise and turn Edgeley Park into a ground that is heard 5 miles away once again.

You won't struggle this season but then neither will you go up - I'd say mid table monotony is most likely which is what I'm hoping for for us.

Hereford on the other hand are a definate candidate for relegation together with Barnet, Bury and Rochdale.
Stranded Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 23:55   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded Hatter
As for the noise thing atmosphere makes a huge difference IMO. I like it when you can have banter with the away fans and we couldn't last night. I do look forward to when we finally have a roof on the Railway End so away fans can make more noise and turn Edgeley Park into a ground that is heard 5 miles away once again.
You'll really like it at the Crown Ground, only the people who don't sing get a roof.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 02:42   #5
God Member

@ Oggy
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 07:41   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
You'll really like it at the Crown Ground, only the people who don't sing get a roof.
This quote has got to be used in the fanzine, I wish I'd have said it.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 11:30   #7

Talking Re: Stockport County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded Hatter
Hereford on the other hand are a definate candidate for relegation
I like you

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 14:32   #8

In response to a letter of complaint I sent to Stockport County regarding Friday nights half time "entertainment" I received the following today:

I am sorry that you found the half time "entertainment" unsuitable. I am
passing your complaint to our chief executive as this comes under his
remit.

I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Edgeley Park.

Dave James
Stockport County FC

Which is I suppose fair enough

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 21:55   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.9 Dream
I am passing your complaint to our chief executive as this comes under his remit
Same man says he's passing my complaint on to "Sale Sharks", who run the ground. Different complaint, but the guy obviously loves to play pass the parcel.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..