Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2009, 17:35   #1
Super Moderator

Sunday sum up

Now that the dust has settled, I notice that one or two people have made valid points about friday night.

Perhaps Rob should have done a half time pitch announcement to thank people for coming. However there are hundreds of jobs going on in the office during half time. Don't forget the staff are fans and want to watch the game aswell. I believe an announcement was made at some stage.

Now onto the Clayton end:
It is a requirement of the Ground Safety Certificate, that all fans in this area are segregated and identified as to which area they should be in. Originally, a sticker system was suggested, but after one game was found to be impractical. To overcome this, a ticket is issued to those that want to sit down. The club wanted to use the macc system whereby the stewards in this area use their common sense to ensure neither the seating nor the standing area becomes overcrowded. LCC will not allow this.

Golden turnstile:
This was an idea which was welcomed by all on this message board. However, as normal cash turnstiles were "converted" into ticket turnstiles, this created confusion. Also Mick forgot (too busy being a TV star + his normal 101 match day duties) to put up the season ticket number. The stewards did know, but even I was confused when trying to direct people into the ground. Also bear in mind, our turnstile operators are volunteers every week. They too were confused.

Clayton end tickets:
In an attempt to boost the attendance and atmosphere, the commercial department, gave out 500 tickets to students at accy college. This was prior to the internet campaign especially at Bury, to get additional supporters to this game. In fact the Bury fans planned to sit in the main stand near the dressing rooms. Macca then went on the Bury website, to encourage them to join in the singing in the clayton end. Everybody had good intentions.

Coppice end opening:
On thursday, with the likelyhood of a large crowd Mick decided, to get the Whinney hill seats available for the Darlo fans and make the copice available for home supporters. The stewards on livingstone road re-directed students with tickets into the coppice

Clayton end closure:
At around 7:40 I was concerned at the length of the queue to get in the clayton end. I then went onto to Whalley road, and there were still many fans coming towarsd the crown. In consultation with Mick in the control box, we decided to allow no more fans to join the clayton end queue, even those with tickets. All fans were directed to the coppice, except season ticket holders, who were told to go to the dressing room gate and then make their way to the clayton end.
I then entered the ground, and walked the length of the main stand, and accross the front of the clayton end, to check on the available space. There were empty seats (but not that many) and there was some room, on the terrace between the clayton end and the Whinney hill seats. I relayed this information to Mick in the control box. I also told the stewards on the clayton end to allow controlled movement between the main stand into the clayton end seats.

Stewards:
When the Darlo match was planned it would've been a low key game, however with the media hype, it became apparent a large attendance, would hopefully come. The stewards kindly worked for nothing on friday, making it difficult to recruit extra "casual" workers on the basis they had to work for nothing! We cannot use untrained stewards even on a one-off.

Trust this clarifys a few things??
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2009, 18:02   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Sunday sum up

it does ta fer clarifying things MRT, things like that make a differance.IMHO.
Old 13-09-2009, 18:19   #3
God Member

Smile Re: Sunday sum up

All in all things were OK on the night, lets face it we are not used to crowds of over 2000, let alone all fans entering all areas - home and away - plus ST holders paying on the gate Etc. The list goes on... Credit to all who worked and did a FANtastic job on Friday night.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 18:20   #4
Super Moderator

Cheers for that, Mr T. This is what we like to see...the club communicating with us. Any idea how much Friday night made for the SOS fund yet?
Old 13-09-2009, 18:40   #5

Thanks for the explanations things like this help the fans realise you do listen and respond accordingly which is excellent.

Well done to everyone

See you again soon.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 19:08   #6
God Member

I had no complaints at all even credit to the ultras keeping the spirits up and calming one or too down that could of got out of hand easing things for the stewards too. All in all a good nite hope more in the future
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 19:11   #7
God Member

ps i really need to change my avatar this clayton ender likes her old place so much has taken to sitting on the stand spot lol.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 21:17   #8

mr t . i love all about friday can we not get any more move to a friday and do the same again . this time to get pepole in give away free beer fist 1000 in split it around the ground . was my pay what you want game ider.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 01:36   #9
God Member

There were no problems my way on Friday night (a ball was had by all, hopefully the mate I brought will get to many more games this season on the basis of that match) but thanks for the post Mr T.

Can you say anything about the Prostar situation that has been brought up in another thread*?

*http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ged-49392.html
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 17:21   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Cheers for that, Mr T. This is what we like to see...the club communicating with us. Any idea how much Friday night made for the SOS fund yet?
According to fishy site £18,000 was made on Friday. Well done to all who attended and those who worked for free.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..