Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2004, 12:31   #1
Senior Member+

Supporters club

Are you going to have a section on here for the supporters club, what happened at the meetings etc.. or are you leaving it on the old web site?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2004, 12:54   #2
God Member

Re: Supporters club

your getting mixed up.. there is NO old website...

www.accringtonstanley.co.uk is the official accrington stanley website.. thats where you will get the latest news and info from the club.. whats on the site is what the club give out

this is a messagboard not a website and nothing to do with accrington stanley other than the subject
Old 23-03-2004, 13:41   #3
Senior Member+

Sorry I asked!

Old 23-03-2004, 13:45   #4
God Member

Why are you sorry you asked? I thoguht I explained the situation quite well and answered your question without any loose ends... I even put a smile in there... Why sorry you asked?
Old 23-03-2004, 13:54   #5
Senior Member+

Because I need the money to feed my dog.

Old 23-03-2004, 13:59   #6
God Member

Theres been a lot of talk in the past on how much info should be given out to the website from the supporters club meetings... On the one hand it could put people off going if they can simply read on here what happened.. On the other hand some people are unable to go and it's not supposed to be a secret meeting so they should be alowed the info

Something for the supporters club to decide on I suppose.
Old 23-03-2004, 15:20   #7
Senior Member+

Have they thought about their own website,could generate a bit of income and give all us exiles an insight to their inner sanctum.int:

Old 23-03-2004, 15:24   #8
God Member

How would there own website differ from the section on the official website? Plus you would still have the debate of wether to release meeting info or not. Plus how would they make money from having a website ? .... Big smile
Old 23-03-2004, 15:50   #9
Senior Member+

I am sure Henry Morton would oblige with the info;I think he was taking notes at last night's meeting.It would definitely be beneficial to put the info on heream sure it would generate more volunteers for the stuff that is planned...
Old 23-03-2004, 15:55   #10
God Member

I agree.. I actually think everyhing that happens at the meeting should be published.. Its not a secret club after all. I was informed the same night (Some suprises in there as well)

Henry morton takes the minutes of the meeting... Those minutes are quite detailed and published would be the answer...

However as said.. needs bringing up at a supporters club meeting and for them to decide...
Old 23-03-2004, 15:59   #11
Senior Member+

I would urge others to come along and get involved too,it was our first time and we were made most welcome.We've even volunteered for some stuff and it's all to help the Club,you can feel very self-righteous about it!
Old 23-03-2004, 16:01   #12

i was thinking about it recently actually, maybe ill be able to get to a few!
Old 23-03-2004, 16:03   #13
God Member

that was only the second meeting we (Julie and I) have missed in two seasons... I probably wont be going to many more either.... hmm too busy shall we say
Old 23-03-2004, 17:08   #14
I am Banned

Just a quick response to the business about publishing the Supporters' Club business on this or any other web site.
It's been discussed before, and the general feeling has been that we should follow the standard procedure of not releasing any of the minutes of the meeting until they have been read at the next meeting, not least as a courtesy to Members who were unable to attend but also - as Kipax alludes to - because of the real possibility that attendances will diminish as a result.

The minutes are not a verbatim account of what went on at the Meeting but rather an overview, or at best a precis, of proceedings; I'm no stenographer!

I can understand BazF and other expats being dissatisfied with my answer but I'd like all distant Members of the Supporters' Club to believe that one of my main concerns since taking on the position of Secretary has been to improve the service which we offer to you.

Finally (for now anyway!), I am personally quite happy for the minutes of any Meeting to be published by electronic means once they have been read to the next Meetingand I'll put the matter to the Members attending our next Meeting on April 5th.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..