Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2005, 10:54   #1
God Member

Supporters club & Henry

I do believe the next meeting is on Monday 8th Aug as that is the second Monday in the month. Club bar 7pm

Unfortunatly the supporters club website hasnt been updated for quite some time and still says july 11th. Henry Morton (nik) updates it.. he hasn't been to the last meetings or the pre season friendlies or on accyweb or on the supporters club website he runs... considering his ill health of late am I the only one worried that he may again be poorly as I doubt he is on holiday for such a long time.. So anyone been in touch?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:12   #2

Re: Supporters club & Henry

Henry was at supporters club meeting, he hasn't got a commy that works at the moment,that is probably why no updates have been done.
Old 12-08-2005, 22:56   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I do believe the next meeting is on Monday 8th Aug as that is the second Monday in the month. Club bar 7pm

Unfortunatly the supporters club website hasnt been updated for quite some time and still says july 11th. Henry Morton (nik) updates it.. he hasn't been to the last meetings or the pre season friendlies or on accyweb or on the supporters club website he runs... considering his ill health of late am I the only one worried that he may again be poorly as I doubt he is on holiday for such a long time.. So anyone been in touch?

Kipax, many thanks for your kind thoughts.

As you say, I was unable to attend July's meeting; the first one I've missed in quite a while.

It's been a bit of a mixture of reasons , including my health and a new job (yes, real work !). Also a very dear friend has been in hospital for two months and I've been trying to look after his interests as he has no living relatives. Couple these with a delinquent ISP and m/board failure on my computer, and you'll perhaps understand why I've failed to notice the onset of a new Season . If anyone has been inconvenienced, please accept my apologies - if you contact me you will get a reply !

I was very pleased to get to last Monday's meeting, and I intend to be at the first home game on Saturday.

Also , (although he probably won't read this) thanks to my counterpart at Canvey Island who , I'm told by several listeners , told TalkSport how much he and his Members were looking forward to coming to Accrington again.

Bottletop has kindly offered to run off some new 2005-6 Membership Cards for Saturday, so you'll all be able to renew your subs !

STOP PRESS ! The Supporters' Club has allocated resources to improving the Ladies' lavatories in the clubhouse with rapid effect. The plumbing will be fully serviced (Mike "Budmak" Kenyon has offered this free of charge) and the Supporters' Club will pay for reinstatement of broken toilet seats, etc.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 23:27   #4
God Member

whoopee we gonna get decent loos at last!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 11:10   #5

whoopee we gonna get decent loos at last!!!!

However one member continually insisted that we would be better spending money towards tarmac for the car park.
Old 13-08-2005, 11:12   #6
God Member

I bet it was a woman!

I had every intention of going and then went to southport to take advantage of the one nice day of the sumemr (so far) and didnt get back until late.. As the contents of the meetings are usually shrouded in secrecy I guess we will never know what actually happened
Old 14-08-2005, 10:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I bet it was a woman!

I had every intention of going and then went to southport to take advantage of the one nice day of the sumemr (so far) and didnt get back until late.. As the contents of the meetings are usually shrouded in secrecy I guess we will never know what actually happened
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm, Kipax?! No, it wasn't a woman, actually. Apart from deciding to spend money on the toilets, the Supporters Club will be organising a car treasure hunt and a quiz night in the not too distant future. If any thing else happened, I've forgotten what it was!!

Stanleybabe
Old 14-08-2005, 10:39   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleybabe
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm, Kipax?!
I was going for more than a hint!
It's my sense of humor... leaves a lot to be desired.. but makes me smile

Not so keen on quiz night. But thats just me cus I am naff at them.... But deffo looking forward to treasure hunt as not done that before... Also money on ladies toilets is well spent.... Its no good sat in the bank.. keep some for emergencies and spend the rest on the club as its supposed to

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..