Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 02:15   #1
I am Banned

Supporters' Club Meeting, this Monday 10th

Yes, it will be the second Monday of the month in a day or two, so all Members of the Accrington Stanley Supporters' Club are asked to convene in the Sports Bar/Clubhouse for 7.30 p.m.

Lots of interesting conversation , and we've got some important topics to discuss.

Can't give too much away, of course, but I understand that one of our Members has a brilliant idea which involves buying wristbands from China at 78p each and selling them for £5.

Personally, I don't think anyone would be daft enough to buy them, but hey . . . nobody ever went bust by underestimating public taste.

Hope to see as many of you as possible.
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2005, 10:04   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Supporters' Club Meeting, this Monday 10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton
Can't give too much away, of course, but I understand that one of our Members has a brilliant idea which involves buying wristbands from China at 78p each and selling them for £5.
OK Henry you know a lot don't you. One I didnt get them from China, two they cost a lot more than that I can assure you......and as I have said before the money made (small amount) will go into the Stanley Ultras fund for future merchandise.

Me, Shurm and Lee aren't doing this to make money. We have spent a fair bit on these bands but we are not in it for the money it is just for the fun of it. Obviously we will get back the money that we have paid for the bands by selling them but the profit will go to the 'Stanley Ultras' and not to us.

If you are not interested in buying one of the bands then thats OK, we didn't expect everyone to be but why then do you have to question it? It's a bit of fun and the bands are a great idea and I know many members of the 'ULTRAS' think it's a good idea.

Just keep your nose out
Old 09-01-2005, 10:48   #3

China 0.79p bloody hell we have been ripped off !!! I can assure you we have paid more than double that and with the postage and packing and hassle it takes to sort these things the profit is hardly worth it !! Like Smiffy said we didn't do it to make money anyone who thinks otherwise can come up to me at the next game and have a word if they like . I've paid for all the goods its me that stands to lose out the lads came up with this popular idea, I said measure response first and it came back very positive. If no one pays for the bands its me personally that loses out, so again if your not happy with anything we have done come and have a word I will be more than happy to listen.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:08   #4

I think people realise they are not worth the £5 but that is not the point. People are paying the extra to support the ultras and allow for more flags and displays on matchdays.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:21   #5
Senior Member+

I don't think he's talking about the Ultras bands....someone from the OSC must have the same idea but have sourced them!

If he is having a dig about the Ultras then............ the streamers cost me (& therefore the Ultras) over £100 & the coach is just about breaking even!

I don't think he is talking about the Ultras bands though!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 09-01-2005, 13:24   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't think he is talking about the Ultras bands though!
I think he is........
Old 09-01-2005, 15:24   #7
I am Banned

so do i.......
Old 09-01-2005, 16:27   #8

henry you as everybody else has a choice, as your name is not down on the list of the first people to recieve these ultra bands i take it that you dont want one, i am not a member of the suporters club, but i spend an awfull lot of time on this website and on the ultras site trying to get as much info as posible. i dont know how many away games you get to but im at most of the ones in the southern half of the country i may have met you and not known it, but at the end of the day they do a brill job home and away and if the profits are used for the purpose intended fair play to them, unless the suporters club wishes to help fund the ultras i cant see that it is any of there buisness
Old 09-01-2005, 16:44   #9
God Member

I think willie miller has had one too many valiums today....

You wont see my name on the list either.. I think I am a bit old for bright red wrist bands However I do think its a great idea and would offer my 100% support to smiffy, shurm and lee for having the numption to do something for the fans. Well done lads..

henry. your mistake (in my humble opinion) was to post your slur in the same message as your supporters club announcement as it makes it look like the official supporters club are attacking the efforts of fans associated with a differnt club when in actual fact its your own personal views.. which like tin monkey and kempy you are of course free to air just like any other stanley fan is

Sorry but I had to say it.

Last edited by KIPAX; 09-01-2005 at 16:46.
Old 09-01-2005, 17:37   #10
I am Banned

yep i am 100% behind the idea of them wristbands.

Remarkable idea smiffy, shurm and lee.
Old 09-01-2005, 17:41   #11

Henry just because the might of the accrington stanley ultras is starting to take the power away from your little toilet seet convention i dont know why you are so miffed off by it

100% behind the ultras in anything they do
as for the bands you just wish you would have thought of it earlier
Old 09-01-2005, 17:43   #12
Senior Member+

Why is there an arguement
we both support the same team

i thought Ultras was to liven things up at away games I.E
streamers, flags, noise etc

and the supporters club do there bit

for christ sake we both support Stanley
so why are we arguing over some bands

if u want a band order one if you dont well dont
Old 09-01-2005, 17:46   #13

thanks baldy and kipax youve said what i was trying to say just felt that henry was being a bit out of order, and steven theres no need for that tone
Old 09-01-2005, 17:48   #14
God Member

baldy .. "we" arn't arguing so calm down little fella
Old 09-01-2005, 17:51   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
your own personal views.. which like tin monkey and kempy you are of course free to air just like any other stanley fan is
Erm... why I am being mentioned in the same sentence as Kempy?

And Steven, you're well out of line with your comments.

I don't think this should be reduced to some petty name calling exercise, as it kind of undermines the worth of both clubs.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 09-01-2005 at 17:55.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..