Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2020, 09:06   #46
God Member

Re: Swindon thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
a good continuing from saturday for me. thought we might suffer from them having the new manager affect but forgot it was only sheridan who got the job. do not want to jinx anything by talking this early about the end of season but for me this side is better than the promoted one of a few seasons back .
Correct obviously a league higher but not getting carried away establishing ourselves as a league 1 side, haven't missed Clarke, Johnson and definitely haven't missed Finley as I said many times personally didn't rate him, Butcher, Russell and Conneelly building a nice midfield unit and there is McConville, Sangare and others to step in arguably best squad since Galbraith years.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2020, 10:03   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Coley interview spot on one game at a time luck plays it's part has with the first goal, full of praise for the players just one bit not good news that Savin and Uwakawe will be out for a month, but good squad depth this season Cassidy will be back available for Saturday.
Do you mean Sykes and Uwakwe out for a month? Or have I missed something about Savin?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 10:03   #48
God Member

Quote:
Correct obviously a league higher but not getting carried away establishing ourselves as a league 1 side, haven't missed Clarke, Johnson and definitely haven't missed Finley as I said many times personally didn't rate him, Butcher, Russell and Conneelly building a nice midfield unit and there is McConville, Sangare and others to step in arguably best squad since Galbraith years.
johnson and finley have been replaced by better where in the past once players leave their replacements have not been to that standard. from a personal point of view signing michael nottingham has made a real difference to the defence being a player i have rated for years and always wanted to see him in a stanley shirt.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 10:11   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Do you mean Sykes and Uwakwe out for a month? Or have I missed something about Savin?
Sorry Sykes
Old 18-11-2020, 10:13   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
johnson and finley have been replaced by better where in the past once players leave their replacements have not been to that standard. from a personal point of view signing michael nottingham has made a real difference to the defence being a player i have rated for years and always wanted to see him in a stanley shirt.
Yes excellent signing at 31 Coley must have really wanted him hence 3 year deal looks better in the back 3 although good at wing back as well.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-11-2020, 12:28   #51
Full Member+

I too have problems with ifollow, so I now log in at least 30min before KO.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 12:48   #52
Senior Member+

I know it's personal so this will be the first and last post. The best signing we've made is the renewal of our Captain's contract.
Pivotal in a role often maligned but it frees up others to go forward confidently.
Nice to see him getting praise at last.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 12:49   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I too have problems with ifollow, so I now log in at least 30min before KO.
Logged in at 6 last night a hour before still didn't work until 22 minutes in cleared cache data and the rest opened in different browsers it came on when it felt like doing not consistent works well when it's running but temperamental and should think most people will get affected at some point unless it improves across the board.
Old 18-11-2020, 12:55   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Logged in at 6 last night a hour before still didn't work until 22 minutes in cleared cache data and the rest opened in different browsers it came on when it felt like doing not consistent works well when it's running but temperamental and should think most people will get affected at some point unless it improves across the board.
i rang my browser company up this morning asked about my router, told him problem i am having and hes done something dont know what then said it should work on sat, i hope so.i rang them cos a mate told me he had done and his has been ok since then.bet that aint happening with Premiership games?
Greeny likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 18-11-2020 at 12:58.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 16:50   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i rang my browser company up this morning asked about my router, told him problem i am having and hes done something dont know what then said it should work on sat, i hope so.i rang them cos a mate told me he had done and his has been ok since then.bet that aint happening with Premiership games?
Good advice Cashy.......don't give up! ....we all love watching the Stanley......no doubt you will need to do the same again before the season ends but if thats what we have to do...so be it.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 17:00   #56

Smile Re: Swindon thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I know it's personal so this will be the first and last post. The best signing we've made is the renewal of our Captain's contract.
Pivotal in a role often maligned but it frees up others to go forward confidently.
Yeah 28, I agree whole heartedly. Good player our Captain. I reckon he'd look even better in the Championship. Not sure we'll ever get there. Teams need different types of players....some easily stand out...the flair players, the successful strikers, solid defenders and of course good keepers. As you say.....personal opinions differ but I agree with you on this one. Someone to break up play, pick up loose balls, play a simple pass or a through ball, take pressure off the back line...put a foot in....Excellent and underated....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 17:12   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Always thought Seamus has been underrated by a lot of Accy fans picked up over the years by conversation,s among fans I know or otherwise during games, football all about opinions I personally have always been ready to stick up for him he does the unglamorous role well has off days like any player, more good than bad has for best signing judgement panel out yet everyone he has brought in this season including some of the younger generation look like they can play a part best summer recruitment for season's.
Old 18-11-2020, 20:00   #58
Full Member+

I'm (selfishly) glad he doesn't score many goals.
He would be playing top end of the Championship 100%.

PS. genuinly thought he was going to hit one top corner from 40 yards Saturday.
Fortunately for everyone in a mile radius of me he didnt!!
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 08:53   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Teams need different types of players....some easily stand out...the flair players, the successful strikers, solid defenders and of course good keepers. As you say.....personal opinions differ but I agree with you on this one. Someone to break up play, pick up loose balls, play a simple pass or a through ball, take pressure off the back line...put a foot in....Excellent and underated....
always remember something my old man said to me after a game in the mid 50,s. being a kid it was always the stand out type of player i noticed. wingers who dribbled past opponents and goalscorers. i asked him who he thought was the best player today. he said newton. i said that he had done nothing to which he replied that the lad he marked was their best player and he did even less.
Crown Grounder and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..