Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2006, 21:56   #1
Senior Member+

Team against Bury ?????

Dunbavin: Edwards, Williams, Welch, Richardson: Todd, Craney, N'Da, Roberts: Boco, Mullin. Subs Elliott, Procter, Harris, Brown, Mangan

Don't normally play this game, but having seen ten games this season feel the above deserve to be the starting eleven, giving N'Da (largely untried) a chance to anchor the midfield.

On the bench - Elliott, Procter, Harris, Brown, Mangan.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2006, 21:58   #2
God Member

Re: Team against Bury ?????

missed today and Watford, but I haven't seen Proctor do owt wrong this year.
Old 24-09-2006, 08:39   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
missed today and Watford, but I haven't seen Proctor do owt wrong this year.
Forgot the red card earlier in the season then Macca. But you are right, other than that, it is hard to criticise the lad, and to be honest, the red was unlucky really, it was not intentional, however, rules of the game etc etc. But I also agree, give Julian N'da a try out, after all, he was supposed to be sensational in the trial matches prior to signing him and he is only on a short term contract. Give the lad a chance to play for a longer term contract, although you would think that JC and JB have watched him during the reserve matches or at the very least had reports from Ashley Hoskins. See you all at Bury. :engsmil:

P.S. can somebody please explain why when you press the link to Bury on the fishy site, it brings up a map and details for SHREWSBURY

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 09:29   #4
God Member

Although I would like to see N'Da anchor our midfield at some point, I would pick Harris above him because what N'Da provides in superb distribution of the ball I have yet to see him put in the tenacious effort of Harris in chasing players down.
But that could just be down to lack of minutes on the pitch for N'Da.
Procter is great in patches but his distribution lets his game down.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 11:08   #5
God Member

Proccies distribution isn't the best, but he covers more miles in a game than anybody else. Harris looks okay but suffers from being vertically challenged, Having so many snaller players in the team doesn't help his cause. N'da I would love to see play. However as he is primarily a centre back and I don't like to see square pegs in round holes I'd prefer to see him play alongside Welchy.

Elliot,
Edwards, N'da, Welch, Richardson
Todd, Proctor, Craney, Doherty (Roberts)
Mullin, Roberts (Boco)

I cant decide between Doherty or Boco. Doherty hasn't been the best yet but I think there is plenty to come from him. But playing Doherty allows Gazza license to thrill and it is no coincidence that we have seen the best of him since the shackles were removed (Henry(on-ree) used to be a winger innit?).

Boco was playing well in the deep striker role until he went to go Togo. But Gary is playing better and hurting defences. Maybe we could see what he can do on the left? I have always been an advocate of leaving a better player out of the team (as opposed to playing him out of position) and having something to bring off the bench. Gerrard and Lampard are the example when Beckham HAD to play for England, they would have been better used as one on and one off. Imagine bringing Stevie G on for the last twenty minutes of a World Cup quarter final! The game would be instantly changed. The other manager would know that he is coming on at some point and would know that he would have to react to that substitution by changing his team around, but when?

Boco and Mangan on the bench are that for us
Old 24-09-2006, 13:29   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
Proccies distribution isn't the best, but he covers more miles in a game than anybody else. Harris looks okay but suffers from being vertically challenged, Having so many snaller players in the team doesn't help his cause. N'da I would love to see play. However as he is primarily a centre back and I don't like to see square pegs in round holes I'd prefer to see him play alongside Welchy.
I likle Harris - he bites their ankles, & wins a surprising number of headers.

I don't think the club see N'Da as a centre back, as Foyle plays there in the reserves, with Julien in midfield.

Foyle's plus points are that he's better in the air, and he organises the people round him, midfielders as well as defence. Julien played the first reserve game as CB & didn't open his mouth, despite Ash telling him. He looks good on the ball, so could do a decent job in midfield.

I think the reason Phil's currently got the CB shirt is that he's faster than Welchy; he did struggle yesterday in the air, so perhaps it's horses for courses - Phil if they're quick; Welchy if they're big.

I would expect Rocky to play.
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 16:53   #7

Please Please dont let Doherty be in the starting 11, let Bocco play from the start !
Old 24-09-2006, 20:18   #8
God Member

going to be a good game this one, bit of history, big accy crowd, good banter, good drink before and after, 3 points etc.

some nice things being said on the Bury site http://www.themightyshakers.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=20618
Old 26-09-2006, 10:39   #9

The team should be:

Bavo
Edwards Cav Welchy Richardson
Todd Procter Craney Doherty
Mullin Roberts

Bench should include Elliot, N'da, Harris, Brown and Boco

If it aint broke, dont fix it, no need to fiddle about with rotation until there is an injury or international duty in Boco's case

The reason Mango shouldnt be on the bench is that Browner deserves a chance of coming on and finishing, whereas we bring Mango on just for pure pace, and he rarley finishes, i know he's young, and finishing comes with experiance, but for these tough and gritty games, Browner should feature at some point in the game, preferbly 30 mins before the end for him to make any sort of impact

Keep the faith
Old 26-09-2006, 14:36   #10

BBC website says 'John Coleman hints at changes'

Where?

When?
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 14:50   #11
Resting In Peace

The defence wasn't very good last week, I would prefer giving Cav a rest, put Edwards at full back and bring back Welchy. Although Procky is playing OK, his distribution is poor, Jay Harris cannot put a pass to a Stanley player, so maybe it is time to try somebody else in midfield. Sean Doherty does not seem committed and does not tackle back so maybe Boco in place of him. Time will tell. I am sure that Coley will do the right thing.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..