Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010, 22:32   #1
Junior Member+

Telegraph

More negativity from the local rag!

Accrington Stanley look to cure their pitch pain (From Lancashire Telegraph)
emileheskeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2010, 00:59   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Telegraph

Not really, just pointing out the facts.
Its O'neill who gave the negative comments to them.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:35   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emileheskeysdad View Post
This critique from the esteemed provincial Newspaper which you have the gall to describe as 'the local rag'...
has already been well posted by The Bard of The Ribble Valley..'Mab', and discussed at some length (and depth !) in the excellent thread entitled 'Pitch' !...(This Title does offer some clue to users of our Forum as to it's contents, which are suitable for viewers of all ages and those of nervous dispositions!).
(ps...Cashman has exhorted us all to ignore the 'crap'...his words not mine !.which appears in The Lancashire Telegraph, or in kinder vein to 'take it 'with a pinch of salt'...perhaps these are pearls of wisdom to which we should all pay some heed ??)..

(pps...And there was not one mention of 'Stanley Hope'!).

Last edited by yonmon; 10-08-2010 at 06:39.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:32   #4
Super Moderator

Let's face it, Mr Y, the press will put the most sensationalist "doom and gloom" slant possible on the story, because that's what journos do. They had a willing co-conspirator in the Shots manager who was desperately searching for excuses as to why his promotion hopefuls couldn't get the better of the bookies' relegation favourites. Coley seems fairly relaxed about it, so that's good enough for me.

Of course, this problem wouldn't have cropped up if the football authorities had agreed to switch the match. Funny how they seem to bend over backwards for the big clubs, isn't it?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:40   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Of course, this problem wouldn't have cropped up if the football authorities had agreed to switch the match. Funny how they seem to bend over backwards for the big clubs, isn't it?

Switch it or postpone it ?

The article contradicts itself. No way could a game be switched with 24 hours notice, thats why FA cup replays no longer take place a few days after the original match. The police have the biggest say.

There have been a few occasions where everybody on here has gone ballisitic because the referee has postponed the match due to the state of the pitch. If the pitch wasn't fit then the referee wouldn't have played the game

Maybe the contractors should be sued, the pitch was perfectly playable when the Observer came out last week
Old 10-08-2010, 08:10   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

compared to some played last season, pitch was playable on sat.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:17   #7
God Member

They just have to hope for the right weather for it to bed in a bit.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:30   #8

I think that the playing surface compared to say the Stevenage pitch (as seen on TV last night) looked and played poorly. The money spent by the club should have ensured that we have a good surface to play on. Drains taking time to bed in seems strange buy hey who knows. For sure the Whinney Hill side looked dead. but the time scale and East Lancs weather was always going to play a big part.
As for Kevin Dillon the bloke is a P-----k so his comments should be disregarded.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:38   #9
Super Moderator

...but then again, Coley is not and his comments are thus: “But I think it will be all right. I think in a couple of weeks you’ll see a different pitch.”
Old 10-08-2010, 08:59   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
...but then again, Coley is not and his comments are thus: “But I think it will be all right. I think in a couple of weeks you’ll see a different pitch.”
We must find someone to do the opposite of a 'Raindance'
Wyn !!....don't know what it's called though...maybe a Sunbeam Dance ?....can't think of a suitable song to dance it to though !....

(Any answers ??).
Old 10-08-2010, 08:59   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Its was probably the pitch that scuppered any chance of Stanley making the play offs last term
Old 10-08-2010, 09:14   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
We must find someone to do the opposite of a 'Raindance'
Wyn !!....don't know what it's called though...maybe a Sunbeam Dance ?....can't think of a suitable song to dance it to though !....

(Any answers ??).
I'm thinking of making a sacrifice to Inti, the Inca Sun God, to bring fine weather for the next fortnight. The cat is looking nervous.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:17   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its was probably the pitch that scuppered any chance of Stanley making the play offs last term
I agree J.. But that wasn't 'Ilyas's Pitch' was it ??
Old 10-08-2010, 09:37   #14
Full Member+

Few more snippets from today's Telegraph:

Coley considering centre-back (a Liverpudian, of course!) - Accrington Stanley weigh up move for Hoddle Academy starlet (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The DON is clearly not too worried about the state of the pitch (relative to the income generated) as he has agreed to let Burnley play their first three reserve team games at the Crown Ground, starting next Tuesday!

Clarets reserves to play at Turf Moor and Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:52   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emileheskeysdad View Post
Found this image in a Journalism Blog which I visit now and again !....perhaps he's the one who reports on the ups and downs at The Crown ?....
But I couldn't think of a suitable caption .....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..