Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 21:08   #1

Thank You

I would like to put on record my thanks to John Coleman & Co for getting us into the great position we are in now in the Conference. Whatever fate has in store for Stanley is both vital and, in the terms of this posting, irrelevant. When I was at the Runcorn game we drew and still went down into Unibond League 1, I never envisaged what has, quite amazingly, happened since Coley's appointment as our manager. I have been a critic at times and he has proved me a fool. His record is unbelievable and speaks of a quality approaching genius. I have been wrong in the past but I am not wrong now when I say there could never be a better manager of this club. He has his eccentricities and long may they continue I say. If we don't even make the play-offs, my opinion will not change. Thank you, John Coleman!"
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2006, 21:15   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Thank You

And so say all of us

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 21:52   #3
Member.

Amen......................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 18:48   #4
God Member

exactly what the above have said. Maybe the Authorities could recognise the acheivements of Messrs Coleman, Bell and Whalley at the next Giving Out of Many Useless but in this case Well Deserved Awards Ceremony (GOMAWDAC for short). There are few things that a borough can do that gives pleasure and well being to many, but these three fella's have brought many occasions of silverware, jubilation and general good pint supping to hundreds and thousands of people over the last five or six years.

Anybody know of the titles that could be bestowed upon them eg Freedom of the Borougher or something?
Old 06-03-2006, 19:53   #5

Aye, the team off the pitch are playing a 'blinder' too - a fact which all the Stanley faithful acknowledge. It's coming to summat when Sunday service at my Surrey village church opened a couple of weeks back with "Good morning and welcome - how's your week been ? - I see Accrington Stanley are now 13 points clear . . . .". But as for the local Accringtonians in general, can it be that their faces are turned towards them towns whose names start with a 'B' ? Do they realise what the rest of the country is eagerly anticipating ? Or do we face League 2 still with a largely pathetic (or do I mean apathetic ) local populace. I might be in my sixties and exiled down south over 50 years but I have never sold my soul to any other team. even when I lived 400yds from West Ham United. C'mon you local 'dignitaries, get your plans ready - or the rest of the world will wonder if you're all clueless at the town hall ( or Blackburn/Burnley fans ) ! Not sure which is worse really.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..