Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 10:15   #31

Re: Thank you eric whalley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
The reason Accrington Stanley got in as financial mess, & continue to leap from one mess to another is not down to Eric Whalley. He backed John Coleman with his OWN cash.

Then when we got promoted, crowds went DOWN....

The town & its football fans are to blame by staying away. All the boardroom games are a by product of trying to run a pro football team on a shoestring.

IMHO....

We move on....
You hit the nail right on the WM,it can't be easy to run a club with the lowest average attendances in the league.And out of curiosity where did all the fans go after we got promoted,i can remember standing on the clayton end with you Hobby etc getting **** wet through,then low and behold we get promoted and get a roof and most of them stop attending matches.It certainly puzzles me,mind you if we qualify for the play offs and dare i say it reach the play off final at Old Trafford i suspect they will crawl back out of the wood work,and we'll find we magically have thousands more fans than we thought.It's ashame Eric's getting so much flack,yes this protracted wrangling at board level has caused problems,but the fans who are calling Eric now are the same ones who couldn't praise him enough when we got promotion.Lets hope we now go on to greater things,starting with another 3 points today against the cobblers.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..