Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2012, 17:44   #16
Senior Member+

Re: The all-new rotherham thread !!.

Anyone know why James Beattie not on the teamsheet I may have missed something obvious of course .
Old 28-11-2012, 18:43   #17
Senior Member+

I can only assume he was rested Chimer, along with Molyneux???

With one eye on Saturday?
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 18:55   #18
Senior Member+

Radio Sheffield who are big fans of Stanley said JB was being rested because of the importance of a good cup run.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 19:35   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I can only assume he was rested Chimer, along with Molyneux???

With one eye on Saturday?
Logically makes sense. Last nights defeat means they have a chance to make up for it over another 26 games. Saturdays game is a minimum £27,000 payday if they win and who knows what else beyond, with no 26 chances to put it right
Revived Red likes this.
Old 29-11-2012, 10:36   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Disappointing result and I thought Rotherham were there for the taking.Acci reverted back to there 4-2-3-1 system with podge up front and Charlie on the left of the three.
Thats what really brassed me off. We go away to a top side "Fleetwood" play 4-4-2 n stuff em, come home n go back to 1 up front. Also the fact were a goal down 10 mins to go n Murph is brought on, (No reflection on the lad) but thats bloody crazy to me when yeh got "Hatfield" on bench, who is known fer grabbing late goals as a sub, also Dixon another striker, Whilst i have never been a professional, I defy anybody to tell me, that aint stupid.
Old 29-11-2012, 11:42   #21

Totally agree about Murphy, its one thing getting a couple of goals from set pieces, totally different actually having to play up front.

Thought Gray & Chippendale should have been on 10 minutes earlier and Hatfield should definitely have been given 15 mins for linfield. btw this is not a major criticism of Leam, Its easy sat in the stand when you dont have the responsibility.

Onwards and upwards, bring on Saturday with a couple of changes maybe?
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 13:29   #22
Senior Member+

Dont really comment on these threads but il put my two pence worth in from this game and throughout this season.

Start from the back.

Dunbavin - How good is this mans kicking and pass finding of recent. Once again did all the right stuff except from the confusion with winnard. Made a few outstanding saves and once again let down by his defenders!

Winnard - Talk about an up and down game. Gets the first goal with a great corner and header. Next minute doesnt listen to his keeper and decides to head it in his own box with rotherham players around instead of just easy defending of booting the ball clear out of the way. Thats all it needed! After that it was mostly downhill. Couldnt pass the ball, couldnt find feet, always loosing his man. Hes just not good enough at the minute. The only positive was in the last ten minutes when he was making his crazy runs down the side and put in a few good crosses but it was too little too late.

Nsiala - This guy is one of his own. One minute he looks like a premiership player the next he looks sunday league. He lacks confidence especially when making a mistake or a goal goes in. Looks like he has an attitude everytime he plays and just looks also so casual. His casualness always lets him down. He will learn but its taking him far too long!

Atkinson - Real old fashioned centre back! Love watching him play and is reliable. Just gets rid of the ball instead of messing around with it. Always putting a challenge in and is also good in the air. Massive loss with going back to Fleetwood. Liddle

Liddle - Had a good game. Very active up and down the wing and never afraid of putting a challenge in! Did some good passes and some good runs with the ball! Looks good when he plays like this but too inconsistant.

Miller - Did okay but looked tired. Did some good runs and some good passing but only a few times. Didnt look up for the game and i just wish he would have a shot once in a while as hes got a superb one on him! Needs to push up more, far too deep against rotherham.

Joyce - Awful against rotherham, for a captain he should be leading the team and im sorry he really doesnt look like a leader to me! I counted 3 forward passes he did all night , and any he tried just failed. Always going back to defenders and passing it side ways to them. Yeh he keeps the ball moving alot of the time but the ball is going nowehere and it ends up him passing back to the defenders and them hoofing it up to paddy. Just not good enough at the minute.

Lindfield - Played alright, first half and some in the second half he put some superb crosses in! Always asking for the ball and was running down that wing all night but when at his feet and not able to put a cross in he just crumbles and looses it all the time! No end product for me and shouldnt be starting.

Boco - Put the effort in but no wonder the lad is so tired as he just runs after crap passes and lost causes. The midfield gave him nothing to run on to or to do something with and when he did get the ball he did alright. Not his best game but just couldnt get the ball.

Barnett - I dont know what Liam see`s in Barnett. He did nothing all night and when trying to run down the wing with the ball or tried to put a cross in it was just bad. Shouldnt of been starting again for me. I just dont see what he brings to the side or to a side that had previously got a point against top of the league.

Amond - Crap service once again all night and they gave him nothing to run on to. Hoofing the ball to the smallest front players in the league must be massivly fustrating for him! What do they expect him to do? Did the managmnet not see there 4 meat heads at the back? Crap tactics for ammond and needs someone to knock the ball on for him. Looked like he picked up a knock with the way he was running but a useless game for him once again.

Subs:

Gray - Came on with plenty of time. It was his time to show the fans what hes all about upfront and why he is picked internationally but i cant remember a time he did anyhing with the ball or even touched it. Didnt look up for the game what so ever and just another useless sub. Dont see what he brings to the side.

Murphy - Rather of had him playing then toto. Why has he been dropped? Hes played superb all season really and has also been scoring and getting onto the end of crosses. Obviously liam brought him on for the last minutes to trouble their defence and to try and get one of the forwards onto a murphy flick but it must be fustrating for him. Would of also rather had him in midfield then joyce last night!

Chippendale - Think this lad needs a starting chance. The crosses he puts in are superb! He looks lively but obviously his confidence is going to be very low! Hes a good player but just needs a chance. Would of rather had him starting last night than barnett.

All in all the tactic were wrong last night! The hoof ball to ammond clearly doesnt work!!! It works with beattie as thats how hes played most of his life and with the size of him it is but not with ammond.
cashman and smobile like this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 15:25   #23
Senior Member+

One of the funniest comments ive read for a long time --I love watching him play,he just gets rid of the ball instead of messing around with it --
What coaching manual was that in !!!.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 16:27   #24

Thumbs up Re: The all-new rotherham thread !!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Dont really comment on these threads but il put my two pence worth in from this game and throughout this season.

Start from the back.

Dunbavin - How good is this mans kicking and pass finding of recent. Once again did all the right stuff except from the confusion with winnard. Made a few outstanding saves and once again let down by his defenders!

Winnard - Talk about an up and down game. Gets the first goal with a great corner and header. Next minute doesnt listen to his keeper and decides to head it in his own box with rotherham players around instead of just easy defending of booting the ball clear out of the way. Thats all it needed! After that it was mostly downhill. Couldnt pass the ball, couldnt find feet, always loosing his man. Hes just not good enough at the minute. The only positive was in the last ten minutes when he was making his crazy runs down the side and put in a few good crosses but it was too little too late.

Nsiala - This guy is one of his own. One minute he looks like a premiership player the next he looks sunday league. He lacks confidence especially when making a mistake or a goal goes in. Looks like he has an attitude everytime he plays and just looks also so casual. His casualness always lets him down. He will learn but its taking him far too long!

Atkinson - Real old fashioned centre back! Love watching him play and is reliable. Just gets rid of the ball instead of messing around with it. Always putting a challenge in and is also good in the air. Massive loss with going back to Fleetwood. Liddle

Liddle - Had a good game. Very active up and down the wing and never afraid of putting a challenge in! Did some good passes and some good runs with the ball! Looks good when he plays like this but too inconsistant.

Miller - Did okay but looked tired. Did some good runs and some good passing but only a few times. Didnt look up for the game and i just wish he would have a shot once in a while as hes got a superb one on him! Needs to push up more, far too deep against rotherham.

Joyce - Awful against rotherham, for a captain he should be leading the team and im sorry he really doesnt look like a leader to me! I counted 3 forward passes he did all night , and any he tried just failed. Always going back to defenders and passing it side ways to them. Yeh he keeps the ball moving alot of the time but the ball is going nowehere and it ends up him passing back to the defenders and them hoofing it up to paddy. Just not good enough at the minute.

Lindfield - Played alright, first half and some in the second half he put some superb crosses in! Always asking for the ball and was running down that wing all night but when at his feet and not able to put a cross in he just crumbles and looses it all the time! No end product for me and shouldnt be starting.

Boco - Put the effort in but no wonder the lad is so tired as he just runs after crap passes and lost causes. The midfield gave him nothing to run on to or to do something with and when he did get the ball he did alright. Not his best game but just couldnt get the ball.

Barnett - I dont know what Liam see`s in Barnett. He did nothing all night and when trying to run down the wing with the ball or tried to put a cross in it was just bad. Shouldnt of been starting again for me. I just dont see what he brings to the side or to a side that had previously got a point against top of the league.

Amond - Crap service once again all night and they gave him nothing to run on to. Hoofing the ball to the smallest front players in the league must be massivly fustrating for him! What do they expect him to do? Did the managmnet not see there 4 meat heads at the back? Crap tactics for ammond and needs someone to knock the ball on for him. Looked like he picked up a knock with the way he was running but a useless game for him once again.

Subs:

Gray - Came on with plenty of time. It was his time to show the fans what hes all about upfront and why he is picked internationally but i cant remember a time he did anyhing with the ball or even touched it. Didnt look up for the game what so ever and just another useless sub. Dont see what he brings to the side.

Murphy - Rather of had him playing then toto. Why has he been dropped? Hes played superb all season really and has also been scoring and getting onto the end of crosses. Obviously liam brought him on for the last minutes to trouble their defence and to try and get one of the forwards onto a murphy flick but it must be fustrating for him. Would of also rather had him in midfield then joyce last night!

Chippendale - Think this lad needs a starting chance. The crosses he puts in are superb! He looks lively but obviously his confidence is going to be very low! Hes a good player but just needs a chance. Would of rather had him starting last night than barnett.

All in all the tactic were wrong last night! The hoof ball to ammond clearly doesnt work!!! It works with beattie as thats how hes played most of his life and with the size of him it is but not with ammond.

Mate were you reading the programme for most of the game????

Dunbavin - actually needs to stop showing off how far he can strike it and start throwing it out to feet.
Winnard - had no chance with the goal after Toto DUCKED to let it go back to the keeper
Miller - how do you work out he didnt look up for the game??????
Linfield - superb crosses (plural) are you sure???????
Gray - hardly got a touch cos absolutely no service (read your own comments about amond)
Chippendale - looked lively??? never had a kick, nobody gave him a pass to feet the whole time he was on
Murphy - in midfield????

Are you Cooky in disguise?

All about opinions
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 17:46   #25
Senior Member+

That's about how I saw it frank,funny how others see things differently,then again it's all about opinions.Steve Evans reluctantly admitted that its the best Acci team he's seen for years,and it was a tough game
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 18:36   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's about how I saw it frank,funny how others see things differently,then again it's all about opinions.Steve Evans reluctantly admitted that its the best Acci team he's seen for years,and it was a tough game
A prize example of 'damning with faint praise' F19 ?...because I wouldn't think that Evans, reluctantly or not, would be given to outpourings of generous sincerity !... or sincere generosity even !....of course I could, be completely wrong...
(And Alfred.E. reckons that he must have been wearing that Raincoat for a bet !!.. ).
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 18:40   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Reminds me of a quote by Mandy Rice Davies " Well he would say that,wouldn't he".
Old 29-11-2012, 18:43   #28
Senior Member+

A bit of a snake then Cashy ??.

(There's a lot of it about you know!).

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 18:45   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
A bit of a snake then Cashy ??.

(There's a lot of it about you know!).

Yep a little bird told me there was n Hooded Cobra in the stand?
yonmon likes this.
Old 29-11-2012, 19:23   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Mate were you reading the programme for most of the game????

Dunbavin - actually needs to stop showing off how far he can strike it and start throwing it out to feet.
Winnard - had no chance with the goal after Toto DUCKED to let it go back to the keeper
Miller - how do you work out he didnt look up for the game??????
Linfield - superb crosses (plural) are you sure???????
Gray - hardly got a touch cos absolutely no service (read your own comments about amond)
Chippendale - looked lively??? never had a kick, nobody gave him a pass to feet the whole time he was on
Murphy - in midfield????

Are you Cooky in disguise?

All about opinions
Got to at least say I agree with the Linfield crosses - he put in a few beauties - they just needed a 6fter attacking them
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..