Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2006, 09:10   #1
God Member

The 'Other' team.

Got one? This is the team all you 'Stanley till I die' blokes and blokesses have a soft spot for.You look for their score straight after knowing Stanleys.Like 'The Other Woman/Man', you might keep it quiet from friends or family(struth!).I myself have followed Chelsea since our TV station (we only had one) played the 1967 cup final 2 weeks after the event and Chelsea lost.I felt sorry for them( well I was only 9).

C'mon...fess up.Who are they?

(Stanley reserves and ladies teams don't count.)
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2006, 09:14   #2

Re: The 'Other' team.

I'm Stanley through and through Kiwi John, if I check any other results it's Stanley Ultras and Peel Park FC.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 09:16   #3
God Member

That goes for me as well, Kiwi - nobody else's results matter! (Although it's always a boost if Hereford loose)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 09:35   #4
Super Moderator

100% Stanley til the day I die!
Old 27-09-2006, 09:40   #5

Why do people still assume we have 'another' team? Why can't we just be Stanley Supporters? Everywhere I go and people ask who I support, I say Accrington Stanley. Why is it then they ask, who else do you support/who is your other team? Noone, zilch, nada, Stanley til I die...
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 09:41   #6

one team, one love.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 10:36   #7
Senior Member+

I always look for Barrow's results just for a larf

loweiy
Old 27-09-2006, 10:55   #8
Senior Member+

Hereford losing is almost as good as Stanley winning

Look for Southports every now and then to see how Cookie, Mike Marsh and The Wisard are doing

Stanley Forever!
Old 27-09-2006, 11:37   #9
Senior Member+

We always have fun when the results come on, on a Saturday evening. I'm Blackburn, Celtic & England, my girlfriend however, is Burnley, Rangers & N.Ireland. One of us is normally sulking at 5pm.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 12:09   #10

Willie Miller is Aberdeen as well, we have the piccies to prove it.

As I said a bit ago on here, the only other team I watch out for (barring National Football) is Partick Thistle, 'cos I was born just around the corner from their Ground.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 12:27   #11

cant see why some of you hate hereford so much,I cant say I care that much what you do,But then again I do like to have a look on here,I also have a look on barnets and the slops sites,I've got a soft spot for telford and hate and despise the slop.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 12:56   #12
God Member

If its a saturday/sunday afternoon and I'm in the pub here in the East End, I usually watch for Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea results. Any one of those losing results in a shout of jubilation. Then again, I don't usually have much choice, because I'm surrounded by a bunch of Hammers/Millwall fans, and I do value my health.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 21:44   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Willie Miller is Aberdeen as well, we have the piccies to prove it.
I hope for Cammys sake (the guy in the Burnley shirt) I hope this is remembered when it's Jase's turn in the fanzine, must be worth -10 pts.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 22:33   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker
cant see why some of you hate hereford so much,I cant say I care that much what you do,But then again I do like to have a look on here,I also have a look on barnets and the slops sites,I've got a soft spot for telford and hate and despise the slop.

cant be bothered to check who said what, but my gripe with Hereford is the venomous bile directed at all connected with ASFC after events at your ground last year. The referee that day was appalling and it resulted in us losing a nice little unbeaten run that would have equalled your record I believe of 11 straight wins. John Coleman was understandably upset that day and vented at one or two, meanwhile some of your players and fans were winding up our players as they left the field and there was some handbags. For the crap spouted by your fans at the time and ever since I now have a distaste for all things Hereford. Including your bulls.
Old 27-09-2006, 23:39   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
cant be bothered to check who said what, but my gripe with Hereford is the venomous bile directed at all connected with ASFC after events at your ground last year. The referee that day was appalling and it resulted in us losing a nice little unbeaten run that would have equalled your record I believe of 11 straight wins. John Coleman was understandably upset that day and vented at one or two, meanwhile some of your players and fans were winding up our players as they left the field and there was some handbags. For the crap spouted by your fans at the time and ever since I now have a distaste for all things Hereford. Including your bulls.
I was at the match in question ,and have to agree the ref and his linos were atrocious,as they very often were in the conference .
weve all suffered at the prats in blacks hands,our record of 11 straight wins was very important to us as we couldn't catch you up points wise ,mr coleman is and was not adverse to shouting his mouth off and I believe has been banished to the stands for being a bit too vocal on a few occassions,he was upset as he is a very passioante bloke about his club and started spouting his mouth off .
I have to admit i was amongst 2,000 odd bulls fans giving him some stick as you do ,I dunno about the players having a barny as I was enjoying myself giving mr c some stick with me mates didn't see anything,banter is all part and parcel of football.Not all of us hereford fans are total ****s ,a lot are though.
on the way to the match i travelled by train to hereford I live some way away from Mecca ,I happened upon a family ,mum dad and a 10 or 11 year old lad in there accy shirts ,we chatted and a few more bulls fans came along and joined in ,we were having a good laff we pulled int leominster station and a gang of hereford hoolies got on ffing and blinding they saw the family and us and moderated thier behaviour joined in the banter and gave the accy family directions to a suitable safe eatery .
we went for a few jars and when we started our stagger to the ground spotted the family accy looking lost and bewildered ,pointed them in the right direction etc.I am very passionate about my club as you are ts a shame you hate us so much,when you come to us in a few weeks maybe youd fancy a few jars with some of us ,in safety if your up for it let me know.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..